hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 39 of 39

Thread: City Breaks

  1. #31
    It's hardly original but I loved Rome, there really is something for everyone. We were only there for 4 days so we had to rush things a bit more than we would have liked but I'd love to go back and spend more time just wandering.

    Based on places I've been to in the last few years I'd recommend Montpellier, Udine and Valencia. I've also done a few of the usual suspects; Rome as mentioned above, Berlin and Barcelona and would recommend all of those as well.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #32
    @hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    27
    Posts
    9,574
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's hardly original but I loved Rome, there really is something for everyone. We were only there for 4 days so we had to rush things a bit more than we would have liked but I'd love to go back and spend more time just wandering.

    Based on places I've been to in the last few years I'd recommend Montpellier, Udine and Valencia. I've also done a few of the usual suspects; Rome as mentioned above, Berlin and Barcelona and would recommend all of those as well.
    Rome is stunningly beautiful.

    I was there for 3/4 nights and as you say, struggled to see everything. Baffles me that people get off a cruise to go there for an afternoon!
    Mon the Hibs.

  4. #33
    @hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Strandhill, Sligo
    Age
    48
    Posts
    2,901
    Blog Entries
    1
    Just booked up for Marrakech again...Will probably head out to the coast too but love the city...So cheap in November too..

  5. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalianwanda View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just booked up for Marrakech again...Will probably head out to the coast too but love the city...So cheap in November too..
    You been a few times then? How safe is it? (Genuine question)

  6. #35
    ADMIN marinello59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I still live in hope.
    Posts
    29,983
    If I was booking a city break today it would be a straight choice between Florence or Copenhagen.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

  7. #36
    First Team Breakthrough Cataplana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Skating on thin ice.
    Posts
    328
    Malaga is great. Excellent public transport, great bars and food in the city centre at good prices.

    San Miguel at 2.5 Euro a pint in the best bars, craft beers like Brew Dog, 5 euros tops for a pint.

    Real Spain, and still glad to welcome visitors. Go now, before it is ruined by over tourism.

  8. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Cataplana View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Malaga is great. Excellent public transport, great bars and food in the city centre at good prices.

    San Miguel at 2.5 Euro a pint in the best bars, craft beers like Brew Dog, 5 euros tops for a pint.

    Real Spain, and still glad to welcome visitors. Go now, before it is ruined by over tourism.
    We went on holiday to Nerja in July and did day trips to Malaga and Granada.

    I was pleasently surprised by Malaga. Very nice old town to wander round, the port area is cool and there's a real buzz about the place. And I got a pint for €1.50 in the city centre, unreal!

    Granada was nice but way too touristy for my liking. Shout out for the science Park though, an amazing place for kids.

  9. #38
    @hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    12,242
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If I was booking a city break today it would be a straight choice between Florence or Copenhagen.
    Copenhagen is a very, very pleasant city break. One of those places that probably has copyright on ‘picturesque’. We were there in May and loved sitting, drinking and eating in the harbour cafes. We went to a concert in the opera house and it was spectacular - gorgeous venue, walkable to in a similar way you get in Edinburgh

    Never been to Florence but it is very high up on the list of future breaks. If we book, I will be back on here asking you for recommendations
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

  10. #39
    Coaching Staff
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Antwerp
    Posts
    9,226
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Copenhagen is a very, very pleasant city break. One of those places that probably has copyright on ‘picturesque’. We were there in May and loved sitting, drinking and eating in the harbour cafes. We went to a concert in the opera house and it was spectacular - gorgeous venue, walkable to in a similar way you get in Edinburgh

    Never been to Florence but it is very high up on the list of future breaks. If we book, I will be back on here asking you for recommendations
    Florence is great and close enough to Pisa to take a 1/2 day trip as well.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved