hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    First Team Regular leithsansiro's Avatar

Perspective needed please

Just want to get in before the expected post-match recriminations get started.

Just remember to keep some perspective. Rangers (and Celtic) have got astronomical budgets compared to us and the rest of the league.

Yes we were poor today in all sorts of ways, but keep it in perspective.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Sorry but getting shafted 5-1 from rangers is an embarrassment and they should hang their heads in shame after that

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    6-1

Get Hecky to ****.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Left by mutual consent!
    Can we put it into perspective continuing from our ore-season and stuttering against St Mirren last week? Humiliation territory today. If it wasn’t for Rocky you’re looking at 8 or 9.

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds

Financial differences. Get realistic!

Before everyone implodes with todays result, hopefully can maybe be a bit sensible and realize the sheer differences in finances between the two clubs. As much as it pains me, Rangers have now reached that near level of old in which going through to play the Glasgow teams is essentially a free hit. It may be hard for some folk to accept that but thats reality. We had a lot of fun with Rangers over the past few years, but there were definitely a few circumstances around that which allowed us to have a fairly decent record against them. They have been in a huge transitional period both on and off the field the past few years and teams like us have been able to capitalize on that and caught them cold a few times.

Aberdeen more so have been able to pounce of this fact and have had their fun finishing 2nd.

This, as much as it's hard to say, is a different Rangers animal this year. They've had a very good transfer window and added to the already settled squad of last season. I've managed to catch a few of their European games and they've been grudgingly impressive. I fear for a result like today to be honest, but it doesn't get me all up and arms but look at the differences especially this year, in finances.

They signed a defender 'Filip Helander' for 4.5 Million, we can't come close to matching that! Never mind how much the likes of Ojo, Aribo etc will be on.

They'll push Celtic all the way, and at the least they'll very very comfortably finish 2nd. Our season won't be defined on trips to Ibrox and park Head

A bit of perspective is definitely needed.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Sorry, Very poor from Hibs today. None of Heckingbottom's signings showing up well today.

Huge improvement required.

Get Newell on the fxxxing transfer list

Slap doidge on the fxxxing transfer list

Get shankland
    Get mcgeough

That's my perspective and itll be 100% more successful than PHs approach
    Last edited by Springbank; 11-08-2019 at 03:55 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    [QUOTE=we are hibs;5881187]Sorry but getting shafted 5-1 from rangers is an embarrassment and they should hang their heads in shame after that[/QUOTE

Agreed. We were poor last week as well.

Get Newell on the fxxxing transfer list

Slap doidge on the fxxxing transfer list

Get shankland
    Get mcgeough

That's my perspective and itll be 100% more successful than PHs approach

First Team Regular ArmadaleHibs's Avatar
    It also does nothing for confidence going forward. We’ve went back years overnight

@hibs.net private member
    I agree. But 6-1 is not an acceptable outcome mate.

Even at 4-1, I would have accepted your comment but with slight concerns about our club.

My fear from that start has been that Heck’s signings have not improved the squad.
    Last edited by judas; 11-08-2019 at 03:59 PM.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Before everyone implodes with todays result, hopefully can maybe be a bit sensible and realize the sheer differences in finances between the two clubs. As much as it pains me, Rangers have now reached that near level of old in which going through to play the Glasgow teams is essentially a free hit. It may be hard for some folk to accept that but thats reality. We had a lot of fun with Rangers over the past few years, but there were definitely a few circumstances around that which allowed us to have a fairly decent record against them. They have been in a huge transitional period both on and off the field the past few years and teams like us have been able to capitalize on that and caught them cold a few times.

Aberdeen more so have been able to pounce of this fact and have had their fun finishing 2nd.

This, as much as it's hard to say, is a different Rangers animal this year. They've had a very good transfer window and added to the already settled squad of last season. I've managed to catch a few of their European games and they've been grudgingly impressive. I fear for a result like today to be honest, but it doesn't get me all up and arms but look at the differences especially this year, in finances.

They signed a defender 'Filip Helander' for 4.5 Million, we can't come close to matching that! Never mind how much the likes of Ojo, Aribo etc will be on.

They'll push Celtic all the way, and at the least they'll very very comfortably finish 2nd. Our season won't be defined on trips to Ibrox and park Head

A bit of perspective is definitely needed.
    Yep, all true but we were also terrible today.

Sean Mackie should be scrubbing the toilets at ER until his contract runs out for that.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

They had the same finances when we were going to Ibrox expecting to fight for the win. Yeah, they have more money to spend. Shipping 5 goals still isn't acceptable.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Dreadful stuff today.

Mackie being sent off killed us.

They will turn a few teams over by that kind of margin at Ibrox this year to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by leithsansiro View Post
    Just want to get in before the expected post-match recriminations get started.Just remember to keep some perspective. Rangers (and Celtic) have got astronomical budgets compared to us and the rest of the league. Yes we were poor today in all sorts of ways, but keep it in perspective.
    Nonsense. 6-1 is nothing short of embarrassing. Simply not good enough.
    Last edited by DH1875; 11-08-2019 at 03:59 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    What’s the financial difference between us and Stirling Albion who get pumped every single week?

First Team Regular
    Fenlon-esque. Negative and dull.

Hate to say I told you so but bringing in dross from the English lower leagues on mass does not work. I said before a ball was even kicked at the start of the season we would finish bottom 6 and the 2 performances so far have not changed my mind of that

Yes maybe the transfer budget is larger but the signs so far are that ours has been wasted on rubbish journeyman.

Newell so far is a waste of a jersey and Doidge what can I say.
    Vela anonymous,

The signs are not good and money must be spent on quality not this rubbish that has been signed up on 3 or 4 yr deals

Performances like today will not be tolerated. His tactics v the old form must change - admiring them pass the ball about will not be tolerated by the fans

Today was embarrassing and manager is to blame

Testimonial Due
    The next few days will be hell on the board. Perspective you say, well first St Mirren look to have beaten Aberdeen. Perspective ; yes budgets are different but not 6-1 please.
    Yesterday, many spent a lot of time laughing at Hearts but today I am sure many are laughing at us ! That was a s difficult a watch for a long time. I would not right off yet the new boys
    and really , like manny said before the drubbing was on the walls. Head down for 5 days now ........remember we are all Hibbies and it hurts the same for us all.

The financial difference has been there for many many years and we have managed to compete reasonably well with it. The plain fact is that recruiting from the lower reaches of English football,while it might occasionally turn up a worthwhile player, is certainly not going to result in a team which genuinely challenges in the upper reaches of the Scottish game.

Be sensible?! Perspective?!?!

Are we ****ing Jambos now?! That’s an unacceptable result.

Left by mutual consent!
    Perspective?

We competed with rangers on our return to the Premier League from the championship.

They have improved significantly, you cannot argue with that. But it's now our 3rd season back and the least we, as fans, can ask for is that during that time we improve as a side too.

But we haven't, we've gone backwards.

We had an ambitious manager and brave players and now we've got a manager who talks about us punching above our weight. As if we shouldn't have high standards. And players who look like they're here on holiday and have no idea what we stand for.

Sorry but the board have appointed a yes man. This is our Cathro moment.

Very poor result. No Hibs team should lose 6 goals to anyone. Ever.
    Cougars!!!

@hibs.net private member
    STF - "We will only sell to someone who can take Hibernian FC to the next level. "

*Sells Hibernian FC to Ronald Gordon*

Ron Gordon - "We are happy with the current budget"

Next level???????????

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Nonsense. 6-1 is nothing short of embarrassing. Simply not good enough.
    I'm disappointed the same as everyone, the red card killed the game

both full backs are only playing due to injury - both arent good enough versus top 6 teams.

Worst defeat against rankgers that i can remember... none of these players fill me with confidence.....heckingarse has taken us backwards

Championship sides like Dundee United have made better signings (Shankland) than Hecky, can anyone say they are excited by ANY of his signings. This is Fenlon all over again.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronster117 View Post
    I'm disappointed the same as everyone, the red card killed the game
    Mackie shouldn't play again for us. Responsible for five of the goals today (losing his man for the second, the rest came from him having us a man down after being sent off).

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction