hibs.net Messageboard

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Big Doidge

First Team Regular gorgie greens's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibbystew7
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can't say I've been impressed by his all-round play and he actually looks like he's trying too hard to me.

On the other hand he's shown decent turn of pace and cracking composure for his 2 very well taken goals so far.

His body language doesn't look all that comfortable to me yet - hopefully he settles down soon and keeps the goals going in.
    Speaking to one of his dads mates and they feel he has been trying too hard to impress as they are well aware Hibs don't spend money on transfers .

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by gorgie greens View Post
    Speaking to one of his dads mates and they feel he has been trying too hard to impress as they are well aware Hibs don't spend money on transfers .
    How do things like this become fact? We have signed multiple members of the current squad for fees.

Great control and finish for his goal last week which hopefully eases the pressure he might have been feeling and gives him the confidence to go on and score a few more. From the news article it sounds like he really wants to be here and do well for us.

First Team Regular gorgie greens's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibbystew7
    [QUOTE=MWHIBBIES;5899044]How do things like this become fact? We have signed multiple members of the current squad for fees.[/QUthink every player signed gets a signing on fee of some sort i would imagine but a lot of the time a player is signed for a nominal fee but for Hibs to splash £300 k does not happen often.

Anyone who writes a player off who’s new to the league after 2/3 weeks is an absolute idiot.

He may end up not being the player we hope but deserves full support from all ‘supporters’ in the meantime.

I can see the concerns but also think he maybe has good things to offer too.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Doidge's fee is becoming a Hibs Net myth.

No way we paid £350,000 or anything close to it, but I'm only guessing of course, just like everyone else?

Regardless of how ***** hes been or who likes him and who doesnt .... that was a cracking goal and a top class finish

i think he'll be our top scorer this season and next, there I've said it, cmon big man prove me right

Quote Originally Posted by Gmack7 View Post
    i think he'll be our top scorer this season and next, there I've said it, cmon big man prove me right
    If this transpires were in big trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by StevieHendo View Post
    Why like?

First Team Regular Corstorphine Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieHendo View Post
    Is it the voices in your head telling you that or do you have a crystal ball ?

Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    Why like?
    'cos he'll no be in double figures

Quote Originally Posted by gorgie greens View Post
    think every player signed gets a signing on fee of some sort i would imagine but a lot of the time a player is signed for a nominal fee but for Hibs to splash £300 k does not happen often.
    Hibs have spent 6 figure transfer fees on or 4/5 players recently. It happens quite often now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_F View Post
    'cos he'll no be in double figures
    Cheers Nostradamus 👍

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Doidge's fee is becoming a Hibs Net myth.

No way we paid £350,000 or anything close to it, but I'm only guessing of course, just like everyone else?
    Not sure where transfermarkt gets their figures from but they say the transfer fee is £252k and I've not seen any reason to disbelieve them on the subject of transfer fees. Their market valuations, on the other hand, tend to be surgically removed from their own rectums, but that's a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by Aim Here View Post
    Not sure where transfermarkt gets their figures from but they say the transfer fee is £252k and I've not seen any reason to disbelieve them on the subject of transfer fees. Their market valuations, on the other hand, tend to be surgically removed from their own rectums, but that's a different story.
    The reason to disbelieve them is that they don't know because they're not involved in the deals.