hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Doidge

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Despite the goal, I thought he was garbage when he came on. All of PH’s signings are woeful.
    That's harsh he won nearly every aerial dual and held the ball up well. Today was grim but let's not make things worse the guy done ok when he came on

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

I think he done ok and took his goal well. Kamberi needs a strike partner to be at his best and hecky needs to get a system where they can both play together

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    Nice goal, generally lacking energy though.

Agree that he didn’t do much when he came on but took his goal well. You could see whet it meant to him, the relief of getting his goal. Hopefully gives him some confidence which is everything for a striker.
    Flo looks back to his best, leaner and fitter than he looked all last season when he looked like the world was on his shoulders. He is going to have a good season.

Testimonial Due RoslinInstHibby's Avatar
    Opinions eh? Thought he won a fair bit in the air, took the goal well and looked alright

@hibs.net private member Green Badger's Avatar
    I thought Doidge took his goal well and was generally ok. Kamberi played very well and deserved MoM, looks a different player from last season.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by RoslinInstHibby View Post
    Opinions eh? Thought he won a fair bit in the air, took the goal well and looked alright
    He was lethargic slow and wasn’t interested half the time I thought he looked unfit or possibly carrying a knock.

Kamberi was more energetic than he was and he’d been running for 90 mins

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Sam Cosgrove was absolutely dreadful for Aberdeen goal wise. He didn’t score for absolutely ages then sparked into life. They stuck by him and didn’t disregard him after a few games. I’ll give Doidge the benefit of the doubt before he is written off as *****, a waste of money and James Collins mk 2.
    Possibly too sensible a post for some.

Wouldn’t be giving Doidge any stick for today.

He got a good goal. Kamberi got two. Assists for both wingers and Murray. Goal and assist for Allan. Don’t think the front players are the issue.

Thought he done okay when he came on, won most of his Ariel duels and took his goal very well which would round up to saying he done well striker scores goal in 30 min cameo works for me

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    That's harsh he won nearly every aerial dual and held the ball up well. Today was grim but let's not make things worse the guy done ok when he came on

He most definitely didn’t. James Collins would be a massive improvement on him.

Left by mutual consent!
    Took his goal well, fairplay to the boy

Was I watching a game in an alternate universe where he was winning all these areal duels?

The finish was excellent. Other than that he was OK. That's about it. It's often how I feel about Doidge; he's just there.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Fergus52's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zazu rafike
    Did he not get the assist for kamberis second as well?

Funny. The audible groans around the ground when he “attempted” to get the ball would tend to support my point of view. He’s a complete huddy.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Made up nonsense. Won most of his headers ...
    I'd agree with that. I still think he'll come good.

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Funny. The audible groans around the ground when he “attempted” to get the ball would tend to support my point of view. He’s a complete huddy.
    Jeez, audible groans, you’ve convinced us now!

Quote Originally Posted by Wee Effen Bee View Post
    What an abysmal use of the English language. Is this board populated by youngsters smoking crack or something?
    OK. Fair enough, I’ll rescind my Mensa membership.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by dmc1875 View Post
    He was lethargic slow and wasn’t interested half the time I thought he looked unfit or possibly carrying a knock.

Kamberi was more energetic than he was and he’d been running for 90 mins
    That was my view too. He either looks unfit, injured or disinterested. Saying that he was only on for half an hour and scored so not a bad return. Maybe that is the goal he needed to get going. His start hasn't been promising but I'm not writing him off yet

I honestly can’t believe that players are being written off after a few weeks.

It’s pathetic beyond words.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post

Worst thing is the ones that have made there minds up already and can’t even find it in themselves to praise him when he has come on as sub and scored an important goal. He is a Hibs player ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Barman Stanton View Post
    Worst thing is the ones that have made there minds up already and can’t even find it in themselves to praise him when he has come on as sub and scored an important goal. He is a Hibs player ffs.
    There are some fans wanting the manager to fail at the moment and they are by default wanting his signings to fail too. It’s disgusting.

There is reason for concern at performances - everyone can see it, but other fan bases would rally round and get behind the club. For some reason- we don’t.

So many examples of players who’ve had slow starts and come good but our boys won’t get the chance to.

There are some fans wanting the manager to fail at the moment and they are by default wanting his signings to fail too. It’s disgusting.

There is reason for concern at performances - everyone can see it, but other fan bases would rally round and get behind the club. For some reason- we don’t.

So many examples of players who’ve had slow starts and come good but our boys won’t get the chance to.
    Disgusting is a word I agree with. Every supporter wants the best for their club. Every supporter has the right to question things. But this place has changed. Lot's of new names who have changed the tone.

@hibs.net private member

percent

Left by mutual consent!
    Well done big man. That is all.

Does anyone actually want a manager or players to fail? I think the problem is they ARE failing and fans who have been asked to rally behind Fenlon and rally behind Butcher just don't have the patience to do it again.

Stubbs and then Lennon finally gave our club a bit of self respect back and we seem to have ripped that up and gone back to square one. Is that what Heck means about being a work in progress?

There are examples of players having slow starts but not all of them at once surely?

I get that we have times of transition but so do Aberdeen. So do hearts. With us though every transition leads to a monumental decline. It is as tedious as it is predictable.

I just don't see what the happy clippers see in this side. If there are positives - Kamberi Scott Allan - they weren't brought here by Heck. I fear we will waste too much time making excuses for mediocrity - as we always do - in the mistaken belief that that is helping the team.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    Does anyone actually want a manager or players to fail? I think the problem is they ARE failing and fans who have been asked to rally behind Fenlon and rally behind Butcher just don't have the patience to do it again.

Stubbs and then Lennon finally gave our club a bit of self respect back and we seem to have ripped that up and gone back to square one. Is that what Heck means about being a work in progress?

There are examples of players having slow starts but not all of them at once surely?

I get that we have times of transition but so do Aberdeen. So do hearts. With us though every transition leads to a monumental decline. It is as tedious as it is predictable.

I just don't see what the happy clippers see in this side. If there are positives - Kamberi Scott Allan - they weren't brought here by Heck. I fear we will waste too much time making excuses for mediocrity - as we always do - in the mistaken belief that that is helping the team.
    How are we failing. Quarters of cup, can't be be in a better position at this point. 3 points from 6 having been well beaten away from home by the second best or better team in the country. Managed to take a squad who looked destined to finish 8th and were completely devoid of confidence into a comfortable 5th place with a rare Derby win at Tiny. That doesn't sound like failure to me.
    Last edited by wookie70; 17-08-2019 at 10:37 PM.

He's got a pretty decent "minutes on the pitch to calm as f##k finishes" ratio.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post

I have had my doubts about him but agree thought he did ok today - winning headers, holding ball off and nice lay offs. Took his goal well too with nice first touch and finish.