hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tierney

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tierney is nowhere near Robertson. I think he'll be in the championship next season.
    Arsenal aren’t going to get relegated.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    I actually prefer Tierney out of the two

He was a fantastic footballer for one so young did the simple things well and was difficult to get past a young man with a fantastic future

He really bulked up before his move and was like a wee pocket battleship

He has been unlucky with injuries but I have no doubt he will be back fitter and better

What happens with Scotland as they both play left back ?

Will one have to move over to right back?

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Liverpool paid a British transfer record of £440,000 in 1977 for Kenny Dalglish, which is £2,685,000 today. So you could have bought Law and Dalglish for £5 million combined at today's prices! The money in football (transfers, wages, ticket prices) has increased at multiple times the rate of inflation.
    The TV money has multiplied probably more than transfers

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post

He was a fantastic footballer for one so young did the simple things well and was difficult to get past a young man with a fantastic future

He has been unlucky with injuries but I have no doubt he will be back fitter and better

Tierney last played for Scotland at right back. I’d be very surprised if he got in at left back ahead of Robertson. Then again, Robertson has been crap for Scotland compared to his Liverpool performances.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Tierney last played for Scotland at right back. I’d be very surprised if he got in at left back ahead of Robertson. Then again, Robertson has been crap for Scotland compared to his Liverpool performances.
    Robertson is excellent in Liverpool’s system but I have always felt Tierney is the better of the two he just needs to get over this latest injury setback kick on and show the EPL what a good player he is

Left by mutual consent!
    Robertson is excellent in Liverpool’s system but I have always felt Tierney is the better of the two he just needs to get over this latest injury setback kick on and show the EPL what a good player he is
    Robertson was the best player in the league when at Dundee Utd. He was then a standout for Hull in the EPL. Respect your opinion though Billy but for me Tierney has quite a journey ahead to get to Robertson’s level.

25 million for Tierney and we got 3 for McGinn 😂😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Robertson was the best player in the league when at Dundee Utd. He was then a standout for Hull in the EPL. Respect your opinion though Billy but for me Tierney has quite a journey ahead to get to Robertson’s level.
    Time will tell Robertson is well ahead of him at this point in time

Tierney got it all to do

Dunno about being the best player in the league he only played 36 times for the Arabs but he did win PFA young player of the year award

Agree a very good player

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar

We've struggled to get 1 left back at times recently. Will happily take the problem of having 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    We've struggled to get 1 left back at times recently. Will happily take the problem of having 2.
    Back in the day we had three world class right backs Brownlie up until he broke his leg Jardine and McGrain as far as I know Jardine and McGrain never played in the same Scotland team

That was why I asked the question

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    The Glaswegian Roberto Carlos plays left back at the PBS too. No problem

Back in the day we had three world class right backs Brownlie up until he broke his leg Jardine and McGrain as far as I know Jardine and McGrain never played in the same Scotland team

That was why I asked the question
    Billy, that is simply not true. For instance, at the 1974 World Cup Jardine was right back and McGrain left back in all three games. They often played in the same side.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsk View Post
    Billy, that is simply not true. For instance, at the 1974 World Cup Jardine was right back and McGrain left back in all three games. They often played in the same side.
    Exactly. McGrain played a lot at left back with Jardine on the right.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Exactly. McGrain played a lot at left back with Jardine on the right.
    http://www.fitbastats.com/scotland/p...p?playerid=814

They started in the same Scotland team together 20 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    Outstanding player, unlucky with injuries, he'll be back, no doubt about it.
    In Arsenal reserves

Guys I get that Danny McGrain and Sandy Jardine played in the same Scotland team one playing out of position that was my recollection too but answer me one thing who is the Glaswegian Roberto Carlos that plays at the PBS?

Guys I get that Danny McGrain and Sandy Jardine played in the same Scotland team one playing out of position that was my recollection too but answer me one thing who is the Glaswegian Roberto Carlos that plays at the PBS?
    I’m presuming it’s Aaron Hickey?

I’m presuming it’s Aaron Hickey?

He pish!

Been found oot

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

He pish!

Been found oot
    Yep got subbed at half time v Killie after 36 year old Burkey ripped him up.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Yep got subbed at half time v Killie after 36 year old Burkey ripped him up.
    He was there man of the match yesterday by a mile apparently. Still think they’ll ruin him though.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    [QUOTE=90+2;6016103]Robertson was the best player in the league when at Dundee Utd. He was then a standout for Hull in the EPL. Respect your opinion though Billy but for me Tierney has quite a journey ahead to get to Robertson’s level.[/QUOTE

Tierney has it all to prove as to whether he will succeed in the EPL, hope he does.

Injured yet again and seems like he’ll be out for about 3 months or so. Without going back and counting again, he was heading for about 70 missed games so far in his career when he came back from his last injury. Can throw in another 15 at least now so we’ll be looking at 85 or so games missed before he’s 23. Not a kick in the arse off two full seasons worth of football. Also not managed an international appearance in 14 months and is unlikely to be fit for the playoff games in March so we'll probably be looking at close to 2 years out of international football.

Shame for the guy, but he’s quite clearly going to have a career that is constantly disrupted by injuries.
    Seeing Tierney playing tonight and unable to complete 90 minutes reminded me of this thread. Managed 13 (today may possibly be his 14th) appearances this season out of 44 possible games. Spent 317 days out injured in the last year and a half.

Since the start of this thread when I suggested he was a bit of a crock he's had yet another different long term injury which kept him out for 3 months.

I reckon he'll be back at Celtic within the next few years.

Seeing Tierney playing tonight and unable to complete 90 minutes reminded me of this thread. Managed 13 (today may possibly be his 14th) appearances this season out of 44 possible games. Spent 317 days out injured in the last year and a half.

Since the start of this thread when I suggested he was a bit of a crock he's had yet another different long term injury which kept him out for 3 months.

Apparently just cramp tonight. Not really surprising he isn't fully fit. Arsenal are having a bad time with injuries as well.

He is still very young, time on his side.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Apparently just cramp tonight. Not really surprising he isn't fully fit. Arsenal are having a bad time with injuries as well.

I’m a big big Tierney fan

Yeah, think the commentators had suggested he was injured but looked like he was being treated for cramp.

When I have seen him playing for Arsenal I think he’s been fairly disappointing - stifled from getting forward to an extent.

Last time he was ER he wasn’t running freely.He should insist on getting properly sorted otherwise his career will be full of injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Last time he was ER he wasn’t running freely.He should insist on getting properly sorted otherwise his career will be full of injuries.
    His last 2 injuries have been a shoulder injury from a bad fall and cramp. I don't think its anything to do with ''getting properly sorted''

English sides don't sign guys for millions and pay them millions to patch them up and risk their careers.

His last 2 injuries have been a shoulder injury from a bad fall and cramp. I don't think its anything to do with ''getting properly sorted''

English sides don't sign guys for millions and pay them millions to patch them up and risk their careers.
    He’s had 3 major hip injuries though. Not sure if it’s always the same injury but if it is and it keeps reoccurring then hopefully it’s sorted or else he’ll be finished at a very young age.

In England £25m is just a decent sized fee now - clubs like Sheffield United have been spending that. If his injuries don’t start to improve then Arsenal will probably have to go out and replace him.

He’s had 3 major hip injuries though. Not sure if it’s always the same injury but if it is and it keeps reoccurring then hopefully it’s sorted or else he’ll be finished at a very young age.

In England £25m is just a decent sized fee now - clubs like Sheffield United have been spending that. If his injuries don’t start to improve then Arsenal will probably have to go out and replace him.
    Hypothetical though because those injuries haven't occured in over a year now, right?

Na, £25 million is still a significant fee and Arsenal wouldn't be risking it by patching him up. Doctors also have obligations not to do things like that. There is a difference between painkillers for a few weeks and risking his career.

Neve got the hype personally