hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tierney

@hibs.net private member mayo hibee's Avatar
    The lad is made of glass. The rumours I've heard are that the injuries he's already had are expected to be career limiting - I wouldn't expect him to still be playing at the top level at 30.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Tierney is a good player but I can't believe anyone is trying to make the case he is a better player than Robertson. Robertson is one of the first names on the teamsheet for the best club side in Europe.

Robertson one of the best in the world. Him and Gilmour are proper world class talents. We don’t have anymore in Scotland. Maybe Paul Hanlon.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Robertson one of the best in the world. Him and Gilmour are proper world class talents. We don’t have anymore in Scotland. Maybe Paul Hanlon.
    Gilmour, McGinn, McGregor and McTominay have the making of a very good midfield for us.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Gilmour, McGinn, McGregor and McTominay have the making of a very good midfield for us.
    I'd add Armstrong and Christie.

Quote Originally Posted by oneone73 View Post
    I'd add Armstrong and Christie.
    Actually forgot about they two. Some decent players around just now.

With a total lack of a decent striker and centre halves well get nowhere though.

Gilmour has potential. He isn't anywhere near the level Robertson is it. Just as much chance of him coming to nothing as him being world class.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Gilmour has potential. He isn't anywhere near the level Robertson is it. Just as much chance of him coming to nothing as him being world class.
    Came on as sub for Chelsea last night...Lampard has faith in him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesforever View Post
    Came on as sub for Chelsea last night...Lampard has faith in him.
    Of course. There is a bit more than that needed, though. Time will tell.

First Team Regular
    Tierney is a good player when fit but who should be playing LB for Scotland shouldn't even be a debate right now. That was a big discussion a year or two back. Since then, Robertson has made the position his own at the very top level and Tierney simply needs to get a decent run of games. If he can do that then Clark can look at whether he could play somewhere else in the back four.

@hibs.net private member mayo hibee's Avatar
    Not yet maybe, but he has made fantastic progress for a player his age. Barring serious injury he looks set to have a career at the top of the game.

Leaving Glasgow when he did was the best decision he could have made. He was also a little fortunate with the Chelsea transfer embargo but sometimes those are the breaks you need.

Scotland have a fantastic team at the moment in about 6 of the 11 positions. Marshall is also a decent enough keeper. The problem after that is that the drop off from there to the standards of the centre backs, right back and striker is absolutely huge.

If Scotland could somehow pull a decent centre back and centre forward out of somewhere though it would be a complete game changer.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mayo hibee View Post
    Not yet maybe, but he has made fantastic progress for a player his age. Barring serious injury he looks set to have a career at the top of the game.

Leaving Glasgow when he did was the best decision he could have made. He was also a little fortunate with the Chelsea transfer embargo but sometimes those are the breaks you need.

Scotland have a fantastic team at the moment in about 6 of the 11 positions. Marshall is also a decent enough keeper. The problem after that is that the drop off from there to the standards of the centre backs, right back and striker is absolutely huge.

If Scotland could somehow pull a decent centre back and centre forward out of somewhere though it would be a complete game changer.

Steven Fletcher could have been playing for Scotland all this time if Levein hadn’t been a total Jambo-minded prick.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by mayo hibee View Post

He looked the part during his brief outing midweek against some of the best players in the world - the 60 yard pass he pinged across the park to Abraham shortly after coming on was exquisite, and he distributed the ball well across midfield otherwise. Got into good positions too.

Getting Griffiths back would be a boost, as we're otherwise powderpuff up front. Lyndon Dykes is most likely going to declare for Scotland, and I think he'll be a great addition to the team too - he has great physicality, knows how to finish and can hold a ball up really well into the bargain.

I don't know what it is with our centre backs - there have been a lot of young players that have shown great potential, only to fade away or be plagued by injuries over the years (players like Souttar, Jack Henry etc) - relying on players like Martin or Hanley has been to our detriment.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    He looked the part during his brief outing midweek against some of the best players in the world - the 60 yard pass he pinged across the park to Abraham shortly after coming on was exquisite, and he distributed the ball well across midfield otherwise. Got into good positions too.

Getting Griffiths back would be a boost, as we're otherwise powderpuff up front. Lyndon Dykes is most likely going to declare for Scotland, and I think he'll be a great addition to the team too - he has great physicality, knows how to finish and can hold a ball up really well into the bargain.

I don't know what it is with our centre backs - there have been a lot of young players that have shown great potential, only to fade away or be plagued by injuries over the years (players like Souttar, Jack Henry etc) - relying on players like Martin or Hanley has been to our detriment.
    The thought of Lyndon Dykes being someone we might rely on makes me want the Scotland team disbanded.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    The thought of Lyndon Dykes being someone we might rely on makes me want the Scotland team disbanded.
    I'm not suggesting he'd be first name on the team-sheet, but he's a quality striker who would add some necessary attributes to the national side. He'd be a far more productive option than some of the regulars who get picked right now IMO (Naismith, Martin, McBurnie...).

@hibs.net private member
    I also think Shankland has done well enough for Scotland in the limited games he's had. Unless he completely melts in the Spfl, then I reckon he'll be a regular cap.

Scotland also have Forrest on the wing, who likes a goal or two. Im guessing we have all given up on Oliver Burke.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brummie_Hibs View Post
    I also think Shankland has done well enough for Scotland in the limited games he's had. Unless he completely melts in the Spfl, then I reckon he'll be a regular cap.

Scotland also have Forrest on the wing, who likes a goal or two. Im guessing we have all given up on Oliver Burke.
    Burke is hopeless imo

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    Burke is hopeless imo
    13 senior goals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    I'm not suggesting he'd be first name on the team-sheet, but he's a quality striker who would add some necessary attributes to the national side. He'd be a far more productive option than some of the regulars who get picked right now IMO (Naismith, Martin, McBurnie...).
    I think he’s pretty pish however as you say he’d definitely be a better option than the other 3.

Burke is hopeless imo
    I'd have Chris Burke ahead of Oliver Burke.

Maybe its just me, but for the first time in a long time I am getting just a wee bit excited about the Scottish talent coming through , it has the makings of a good Scotland squad if they can all stay fit.
    Anyone who thinks Tierney is anywhere near the class of Robertson is having a laugh tae.

You are miles off it with this take. Gilmour shines in every game he plays. Have you actually watched him play football? He is the real deal. Already miles better than SJM.

You are miles off it with this take. Gilmour shines in every game he plays. Have you actually watched him play football? He is the real deal. Already miles better than SJM.
    He has played something like 8 games. I'm not miles off it with any take, he has a long way to go.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Burke is hopeless imo
    He is terrible. Genuinely think he’s more suited to being a winger at Rugby

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    I'd have Chris Burke ahead of Oliver Burke.
    I’d rather have Alexandra Burke

He has played something like 8 games. I'm not miles off it with any take, he has a long way to go.
    23 games. Keep watching. He’s miles ahead of anything we have in Scotland right now.

23 games. Keep watching. He’s miles ahead of anything we have in Scotland right now.
    He's not miles ahead of Robertson who is a European cup and premier league winner. What appearances are you counting? He has 8 appearences for Chelseas first team, not 23. He has played 90 minutes once in the premier league, his 3 other appearences totalling 9 minutes. He has made 3 starts and 1 sub appearance in the cups.

Way, WAY to early to be making these claims. Hes a young lad with great potential, he has it all to show.

He's not miles ahead of Robertson who is a European cup and premier league winner. What appearances are you counting? He has 8 appearences for Chelseas first team, not 23. He has played 90 minutes once in the premier league, his 3 other appearences totalling 9 minutes. He has made 3 starts and 1 sub appearance in the cups.

Way, WAY to early to be making these claims. Hes a young lad with great potential, he has it all to show.
    Robertson is a left back.

Robertson is a left back.
    Harry Kane is a striker.

Harry Kane is a striker.
    Enjoy your day fella.