hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tierney

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    He’ll be a great signing for Arsenal. Very good left back.

I dont think, in the current market, they’ve paid too much for him at all. In a year he’ll be “worth” a lot more I’m sure.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah_hfc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Most amusing thing is all the Celtic fans (mainly on twitter) greeting that he’s not a true Celtic fan for not being part of “10 in a row”... as if they would all turn down 6 figures a week to play premier league football.

Decent move for Tierney but I’m trying to work out if he will be starting 11 or squad player for Arsenal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They’ve given him the number 3, so that would suggest they expect him to play I guess!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Not sure I agree he's a great signing for Arsenal. Absolutely no arguments, Tierney is a cracking player, but his injury worries the past couple of seasons suggest he's a bit of a gamble.

I hope I'm wrong and he goes on to play the full season, make a name for himself and become one of the best players in the league - that will be good for the Scotland team (even if he does play the same position as Robertson).

Celtc will probably need to use the money to try and quickly get a new LB, as that Bolingoli looks absolutely howling.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Guys a crock. Very good player but he’ll never reach Robertson’s level due to never being able to stay fit.

Quote Originally Posted by percy veer View Post
    I think hes highly over rated and will be out on loan in a couple of seasons, Celtic have played a blinder for the fee though.
    Maybe so but what helped them enormously was the serious under-selling of SJM and his now £50m valuation, thus allowing Celtic to hold out for a record fee.
    The SJM effect will prob continue and benefit the selling price of other Scottish based players eg McKenna.

I think hes highly over rated and will be out on loan in a couple of seasons, Celtic have played a blinder for the fee though.
    I’ve said this before but think he’s over rated too.

Old Firm hype like the made up Morelos bids.

I’m interested to see how he will get on down south but I’ve watched him quite a few times and his right foot is awful. Yes I know Messi is all left but Messi is a genius.

Teams in England and abroad will target him.

I’m hoping Celtic don’t spend silly money on McKenna giving Aberdeen funds to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Guys a crock. Very good player but he’ll never reach Robertson’s level due to never being able to stay fit.
    Very harsh, last season yes, but for 2.5 seasons he virtually didn't miss a game. Best LB in the english Prem within 2 seasons for me, much higher ceiling than Robertson in terms of raw materials.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Seriously?

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    For a young lad, his hip seems ****ed.

Quote Originally Posted by Leitherhibs View Post
    Very harsh, last season yes, but for 2.5 seasons he virtually didn't miss a game. Best LB in the english Prem within 2 seasons for me, much higher ceiling than Robertson in terms of raw materials.
    Was harsh, yes. I used to think him and Robertson were hard to split (with Robertson being better going forward but maybe not as good defensively).

I now think Robertson is the better player, and Tierney won't get better than him.

Now they're both playing down there.. I hope they both continue to be brilliant and big players for Scotland. As it is right now, Robertson is rightly our left back and captain and I wouldn't necessarily shoe-horn Tierney into the team.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    Was harsh, yes. I used to think him and Robertson were hard to split (with Robertson being better going forward but maybe not as good defensively).

I now think Robertson is the better player, and Tierney won't get better than him.

Now they're both playing down there.. I hope they both continue to be brilliant and big players for Scotland. As it is right now, Robertson is rightly our left back and captain and I wouldn't necessarily shoe-horn Tierney into the team.

Impossible to say. Tierney is only 22, and there is no way of telling how much he might kick on (as Robertson has done) now that he has moved to Arsenal.

Tierney does seem better defensively, Robertson maybe better going forward (I mean this in the proper footballing sense, not the lazy ‘in the future’ use of the phrase).

But they are both great players.

Only worry for Arsenal is Tierney’s recent injuries.

Left by mutual consent!
    Not like you to exaggerate

170 appearances for Celtic and 12 for Scotland, just turned 22 years old.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    IMHO Tierney is better than Robertson

My only doubt as others have said is Tierneys fitness

Did he pass a medical?

If he is fit and ready to go and no injury hangover brilliant signing

I cannot wait to see Robertson and Tierney lining up together for Scotland

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    IMHO Tierney is better than Robertson

My only doubt as others have said is Tierneys fitness

Did he pass a medical?

If he is fit and ready to go and no injury hangover brilliant signing

I cannot wait to see Robertson and Tierney lining up together for Scotland
    How would you line them up in the same side? Typical that two of our best players are in the same position.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    How would you line them up in the same side? Typical that two of our best players are in the same position.
    Maybe bring back Whittaker then for a swan song 😁

Just the 40 appearances last season. He'll also be rested more for Arsenal, not playing in Europa or league cup will help.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Is he though? In the 4 seasons he's been in the celtc squad he's played over 30 games in each one, in the last two seasons he's played 55 games and 40 games. Now I know celtc play a lot of games in a season but I think I crock would play way less than that? Given he is 22 and played 170 games for them that is pretty good going for a crock. I think Arsenal have got a bargain myself, a 22 yo full back who is only going to get better, signed a contract until he is at his peak at 27.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Tierney right back. We don't have one and I reckon he'd be better there than playing him centre half or with Robertson left wing.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    What a crock of ****.

Maybe Arsenal will send him out on loan to see how he will improve before letting him loose on the EPL.

I wouldn't say he is over rated but agree Celtic have done well with the fee.

He had to go south to continue to develop and I wish him well

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Just the 40 appearances last season. He'll also be rested more for Arsenal, not playing in Europa or league cup will help.
    40 out of how many? Celtic must play around 60+ games per season yet he’s only managed 40 more than once. That’s about one third of the games missed in 15/16, 16/17 and 18/19. Probably better, but not a kick in the arse off the games played/missed ratio that Dylan had at us.

He’s 22 years old, has so far missed 46 games through injury and isn’t due back until the season will probably be around 10-15 games in. 60 games missed at 22 years old. That’s a hell of a lot of games to have missed due to numerous different injuries at that age. At this rate he’ll have missed around 240+ games by the end of his career.
    Last edited by calumhibee1; 09-08-2019 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    What a crock of ****.

Maybe Arsenal will send him out on loan to see how he will improve before letting him loose on the EPL.
    I can see why you don’t agree, Arsenal signed him at the end of the window when all the good players become available so it’s pretty much a cert he’ll be a success going by the good old BH logic.

Wonder how lennon will react if he isnt given money to buy a replacement

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    There are some legendary posts on this thread.😄😄😄.

When do the Schools go back?

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    I can see why you don’t agree, Arsenal signed him at the end of the window when all the good players become available so it’s pretty much a cert he’ll be a success going by the good old BH logic.

Why don’t you just hold your hands up and accept that your opinion that Tierney is ‘a crock’ is not supported by the evidence and therefore wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Why don’t you just hold your hands up and accept that your opinion that Tierney is ‘a crock’ is not supported by the evidence and therefore wrong?
    I’ve just provided “evidence” that he’s going to have missed around 60 games injured by the age of 22 with numerous different injuries. Going by his previous record you’ll no doubt be able to add another 5-10 before the seasons out and before he hits 23. The guy has had 3 fairly substantial injuries already. Ruptured ankle ligaments, groin surgery and his hip problem which keeps on re-occurring and has on more than one occasion kept him out for a matter of months. Crock.

I actually don’t even mind the guy. But his injury record is brutal for a 22 year old.
    Last edited by calumhibee1; 09-08-2019 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    More sheite, good players are available all through the transfer window, but certain players become available later in the window, even someone as thick as you should understand that.
    Aye of course BH. You’ve changed your tune now. Thank god we waited for the good players last year so that we could “build a team to qualify for Europe every year” as you told us.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Aye of course BH. You’ve changed your tune now. Thank god we waited for the good players last year so that we could “build a team to qualify for Europe every year” as you told us.
    Hahahaha what are we building now, another unbalanced squad, full of crocs like SDG Daz and Hanlon?

And lets not forget Boyle.

Out for 6 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    Out for 6 weeks
    Will be the headline on and off throughout his career.