hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not the least bit surprised. It’s always been the bare minimum to support scottish football. Would be a bit ironic if the First Minister was in the main stand given how little she and her govt have done to support football (I am not questioning how hard she has worked on overall pandemic by the way)
    I'm pretty sure that Jo Biden is going to be in Glasgow sometime around that weekend, after the G7 meeting. I wonder if he'll be at the game. I bet the feker doesn't have to turn up 3 hours early and have his packed lunch confiscated when he goes in.

I might slip him 20 bucks to persuade him to speed up the UK - US travel corridor ahead of our September trip
    Last edited by Mikey; 06-06-2021 at 10:22 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    So is the Scotland crowd heading down 😉
    To get an idea of scale, The Meadows is 58 acres, while Hyde Park is 350 acres. The park has a lot of gates and served by several tube stops. Unless you know exactly where folk are meeting, then you could be doing a lot of searching.

If I was doing it (which I'm not) , I'd go to Green Park (next to Hyde Park). Supermarket close by, loads of food places, deck chairs, 5 mins from Piccadilly Circus, and close enough to the general public to cause a scene.
    Last edited by Brummie_Hibs; 06-06-2021 at 11:05 AM.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    SG are at fault for lack of any support for Scottish football. 600 fans and all that....

In terms of the Hampden match I would be astonished if UEFA have made the decision to restrict all of this, this will be part of the signed off SG and SFA proposal to get as many fans in as we are allowed.

Meanwhile Murrayfield can have a non essential friendly match next week with 17.5k, just like that.
    I wonder if food and drinks will be available at Murrayfield next week?

You can guarantee they will be. The SG are a ****ing disgrace with the way they treat football fans in this country.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/spo...020-food-drink

SCOTLAND fans face the grim prospect of being inside Hampden for up to five hours at their Euro 2020 games with nothing to eat or drink apart from a bottle of water after it was revealed refreshment kiosks will be closed.
    But UEFA merchandise stalls will still be open.

Steve Clarke's side face the Czech Republic a week today in their eagerly-anticipated first game at a major tournament for 23 years in Glasgow.

Hampden will only have 12,000 fans inside and out of those only 1,972 have gone to members of the Scotland Supporters Club. All ticket holders have been given strict entry slots for their time of arrival with some told to go through the turnstiles up to three hours before kick off.

However, they will be stunned to discover that there will be nothing to eat or drink as all food outlets are set to be closed.

Small bottles of water will be distributed and there are discussions whether fans will be able to bring in energy bars to eat.

The reason given is because it would be hard to maintain a socially distant queuing system.

Scotland is already the only venue at the Euros where no alcohol will be on sale due to long-standing Scottish authorities rules, but now fans could have to sit around for up to five hours with only water to quench their thirst.

At a meeting last week between the Association of Tartan Army Clubs, Glasgow Council Host City Mobility Team, police and other fans groups, the shock news about the closure of food outlets was revealed.

However, UEFA's merchandise stalls will remain open.

The Association of Tartan Army Clubs minutes from the meeting revealed: "The UEFA app states that no food and drink is to be brought in as 'there will be plenty of options to choose from once you’re inside.'

"But it was announced at the meeting that the kiosks would be closed and that free bottles of water would be available inside.

"A suggestion was made that fans can bring in a small snack, an energy bar was given as an example, which we pointed out was unacceptable.

"We also advised that we would find it difficult to encourage fans to arrive for the early entry slots if they were to remain inside the stadium for potentially five plus hours without any food.

"The reasons given for no food outlets was that socially distanced queuing could not be guaranteed.
    "Football Supporters Europe pointed out the fact that UEFA fans shop were being permitted and this would pose the exact same challenge. They are escalating this on our behalf and we will see how this goes at the start of the week.

"We have subsequently pointed out that this is unacceptable for fans with certain medical conditions and also that no other entertainment industry would enforce such draconian sanctions be it rugby, cinema, theatre etc."

Scotland fans are already waiting to discover if they will need a Covid test for the match against England at Wembley and this could be the latest blow to a tournament hit by numerous setbacks.
    Last edited by SteveHFC; 06-06-2021 at 01:44 PM.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Still no information about how fans leaving the ground will be dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    I wonder if food and drinks will be available at Murrayfield next week?

You can guarantee they will be. The SG are a ****ing disgrace with the way they treat football fans in this country.
    It will be interesting to see. The SG cannot divorce the actual attendance of fans in stadiums with the pre and post pub routine and the perception of football fans versus the more civilized rugger types who will have a safe Pimms before the game once they have parked the Range Rover. But in fact they could have restricted this heavily if they wanted to. Kids can’t even buy a drink for what will be hours in the stadium for many.

As at today Edinburgh is heading towards higher infection rate than Glasgow. Both Edinburgh and Glasgow should really be in level 3. You can bet your life we we had a game at ER later this month we would not be allowed more than 500 fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Jo Biden is going to be in Glasgow sometime around that weekend, after the G7 meeting. I wonder if he'll be at the game. I bet the feker doesn't have to turn up 3 hours early and have his packed lunch confiscated when he goes in.

I might slip him 20 bucks to persuade him to speed up the UK - US travel corridor ahead of our September trip
    This is my only hope that the useless Prime Minister we have and his obvious hatred for all things EU, opens up UK/US travel soon! It’s clear follow the data approach has been replaced with what Johnson or Hancock want approach.

It will be interesting to see. The SG cannot divorce the actual attendance of fans in stadiums with the pre and post pub routine and the perception of football fans versus the more civilized rugger types who will have a safe Pimms before the game once they have parked the Range Rover. But in fact they could have restricted this heavily if they wanted to. Kids can’t even buy a drink for what will be hours in the stadium for many.

As at today Edinburgh is heading towards higher infection rate than Glasgow. Both Edinburgh and Glasgow should really be in level 3. You can bet your life we we had a game at ER later this month we would not be allowed more than 500 fans.
    Exactly!

They can't pick and choose and I'm running out of patience with these restrictions as I refuse to believe that attending a football match isn't safer than being in a supermarket or inside a pub or cinema.

The clubs and football fans needs to start forcing this issue as otherwise they will kill many clubs off in Scotland...

Does anyone know which channel is showing the Luxembourg friendly ?

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by norhfc View Post
    Does anyone know which channel is showing the Luxembourg friendly ?
    Sky Sports Football is showing it.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Sky Sports Football is showing it.
    Great, thanks, Get the Motherwell v Hibs game as a bonus 👍🇳🇬

Reading between the lines I get the impression the Glasgow fan zone is set to be scrapped or at least significantly scaled back:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...-west-57383102

Quote Originally Posted by He's here! View Post
    Reading between the lines I get the impression the Glasgow fan zone is set to be scrapped or at least significantly scaled back:

Better not be as we have tickets for the first Scotland game.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Given that no food kiosk will be open within Hampden I am at a loss as to why supporters would not be able to bring food in with them.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Given that no food kiosk will be open within Hampden I am at a loss as to why supporters would not be able to bring food in with them.
    A fan threw a banana on the pitch in the 80s. Football fans therefore must still be punished to this day.

I think that’s how it works anyway. It’s certainly the logic for alcohol.

Especially when you consider some fans have to be there at 11am and might have to wait an hour after to get out.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He's here! View Post

How big is this fan zone

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    How big is this fan zone
    6000 fans

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Absolutely ridiculous situation

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    6000 fans
    Sorry it was a poorly worded question. What is meant was how much space does the zone have to let 6000 fans in

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    6000 fans
    3000 per session. 2 sessions per day.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Sorry it was a poorly worded question. What is meant was how much space does the zone have to let 6000 fans in
    I normal times the area could hold 80,000

Managed to get two tickets for Croatia game. 5pm arrival 😱

Quick question I have two seats - 144 and 148, I assume this is consistent with others to have such a gap that makes up the social distancing 25% requirement? There shouldn’t be a 146 that I am missing?! Or sits between me and my son?!

I think that's the standard distance.

How did you get them?

Managed to get two tickets for Croatia game. 5pm arrival 😱

Quick question I have two seats - 144 and 148, I assume this is consistent with others to have such a gap that makes up the social distancing 25% requirement? There shouldn’t be a 146 that I am missing?! Or sits between me and my son?!
    4 seats between everyone at Hampden.

@hibs.net private member
    Lateral Flow Test or Proof of Vaccination now required for Wembley....

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    4 seats between everyone at Hampden.
    Thanks 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I think that's the standard distance.

How did you get them?
    Reselling ticket site and then transferred into UEFA app. Fairly straight forward. Paid a premium but I was lucky to get to see section and row numbers and as good a view for what are cat 3 tickets.

Cheers.

Absolutely ridiculous situation
    You can take food into Hampden