hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: 1902 @edfringe

1902 @edfringe

Just back home from the @edfringe after seeing the brilliant '1902' by @1902SaltireSky. Lots of funny and a wee bit of sad topped off with some exuberance. If you're a hibee then get to this, you will not be disappointed.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough huggie1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: huggieedin
    going on Sunday looking forward to it

@hibs.net private member Galahibby's Avatar
    One of our group can't make it tomorrow so we have a spare ticket if anyone is interested. I think face value was £17.50, but open to offers. (I believe it's sold out)

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Used to go to a multitude of shows during the fringe in days gone by, but £17.50 tickets like this one has reduced that now to pretty much swerving the Fringe entirely. Is 1902 worth the thick end of twenty quid? Probably not in my opinion, but if you’re only going to go to a couple of shows during the festival then enjoyment will certainly be be had.

@hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074
    Dunno where that £17.50 price came from as on the fringe app it’s still advertised as £12 full price , £10 consession (which is a fairly normal price for a show)!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by mutley View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dunno where that £17.50 price came from as on the fringe app it’s still advertised as £12 full price , £10 consession (which is a fairly normal price for a show)!

Agreed it was £12 last Saturday night and its a fantastic show with a great script and powerful acting and some nice twists.

Far better than the garbage English stand up comedians that seem to dominate the fringe.

Quote Originally Posted by mutley View Post

My bad. I don't have my ticket, my mate bought them months ago and that's what I thought they said at the time. Obviously only looking to sell at face value or less 👍

Checked (should've done that first 😳) definitely £12. If anyone's interested, just pay what you like 👍

Do you access the venue through the Art College entrance in Lady Lawson St? Have tickets for Monday night.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAsHellas View Post
    Do you access the venue through the Art College entrance in Lady Lawson St? Have tickets for Monday night.
    Yeah, that’s the way I went in last year. Think there’s an entrance from Lauriston place as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Baldmans Comb View Post
    Agreed it was £12 last Saturday night and its a fantastic show with a great script and powerful acting and some nice twists.

Far better than the garbage English stand up comedians that seem to dominate the fringe.
    Really?

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

This is a great show and very good value for an hour or so of very good entertainment. You don't even have to have an interest in football to enjoy it so hearts fans would like it too.

1902 @edfringe

This has just popped up in a post for Satire Sky theatre on Facebook - 1902 will be available on YouTube from tomorrow

I saw it a few years ago at the fringe and really enjoyed it - well worth a watch if you haven’t seen it

Hello troops! I know we’re all missing the run up to the fringe right now, but that doesn’t mean that the theatre has to stop!

Tomorrow we’ll be realeasing an online version of 1902 free for you all to enjoy, which will go live on YouTube at 2pm tomorrow on the channel 1bc!We’ve also set up a donation link through buymeacoffee to help support the company through these uncertain times. We of course understand that the past few months haven’t been easy on any of us, all that we ask is that if you can, help support us by using the link below and donating whatever you can. We at Saltire Sky hope you’re all staying safe and flying the flag for Scottish Theatre!

buymeacoff.ee/1902Theplay

https://www.facebook.com/15585671009...126445255/?d=n

Last edited by tetleycase; 19-06-2020 at 05:01 PM.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tetleycase View Post
    This has just popped up in a post for Satire Sky theatre on Facebook - 1902 will be available on YouTube from tomorrow

I saw it a few years ago at the fringe and really enjoyed it - well worth a watch if you haven’t seen it

Hello troops! I know we’re all missing the run up to the fringe right now, but that doesn’t mean that the theatre has to stop!

Tomorrow we’ll be realeasing an online version of 1902 free for you all to enjoy, which will go live on YouTube at 2pm tomorrow on the channel 1bc!We’ve also set up a donation link through buymeacoffee to help support the company through these uncertain times. We of course understand that the past few months haven’t been easy on any of us, all that we ask is that if you can, help support us by using the link below and donating whatever you can. We at Saltire Sky hope you’re all staying safe and flying the flag for Scottish Theatre!

buymeacoff.ee/1902Theplay

https://www.facebook.com/15585671009...126445255/?d=n

Thanks for the heads up

@hibs.net private member linlithgowhibbie's Avatar
    Could the Hibs Club use this idea to "Buy a pint/nip" to help tide them over whilst forced to stay shut?

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Has anyone found where to watch this? It mentions the 1bc Youtube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn4...5v60GBJn_nHmYQ) but can't find it there.

Or was it 'live' at 2pm and can't be watched back later?

Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post
    Has anyone found where to watch this? It mentions the 1bc Youtube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn4...5v60GBJn_nHmYQ) but can't find it there.

Or was it 'live' at 2pm and can't be watched back later?
    I checked at 2pm on the 1bc YT channel and nothing showed up. Waited 15 minutes in case there were upload problems. Still nothing.

Hope this hasn’t been some kind of windup!!

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby6270 View Post
    I checked at 2pm on the 1bc YT channel and nothing showed up. Waited 15 minutes in case there were upload problems. Still nothing.

It's up now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig_82PxZDLI

What kept you Hibs?!

What kept you Hibs?!

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar

What kept you Hibs?!

Quote Originally Posted by hibby6270 View Post

Was definitely there. I started watching but will wait until I have no kids around. Anyone watched this, is it any good?

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoxburghHibs View Post
    Was definitely there. I started watching but will wait until I have no kids around. Anyone watched this, is it any good?
    I've seen it in person. Was very good.

Not sure the youtube version is for me to be honest, but that's just my attention span more than anything else.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Saw it in the Wee Red Bar a couple of years ago with a mate.

There was a heavily set guy sitting opposite us covered head to toe in HIBS tattoos sitting with his Mrs.

At the end of the show his Mrs was passing him the tissues out of her handbag.

Brilliant!

Still to watch the YouTube lockdown version

GGTTH

Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 21-06-2020 at 01:45 PM.