hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sevco in trouble, or not

At least a thousand fans break barriers to gain access to the ground resulting in the enclosure they were in being vastly overcrowded, the singing of sectarian songs which could be heard throughout the game with not one comment from the Sky commentators, pitch invasion at the second goal which resulted in the disabled sections roofs caving in with some being injured.
    An absolute disgrace of a club, let’s all sit back and see what happens.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by InchHibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    At least a thousand fans break barriers to gain access to the ground resulting in the enclosure they were in being vastly overcrowded, the singing of sectarian songs which could be heard throughout the game with not one comment from the Sky commentators, pitch invasion at the second goal which resulted in the disabled sections roofs caving in with some being injured.
    An absolute disgrace of a club, let’s all sit back and see what happens.
    Before anyone else posts it.....

Police Scotland will review videos of the pitch invasion and make the appropriate arrests over the next two years......

Brush brush sweep sweep

They should get hammered for this. There’s video footage of them charging a fence to gain entry, resulting in over crowding and then clear evidence of morons jumping on the roof and causing roof to collapse.

Over to you SFA/SPFL..... no chance unfortunately. There will be a blanket statement reminding all clubs fans to behave appropriately and Killie will get fined.

Rangers and Celtic fans get away with murder in this country. And they have the nerve to claim everyone is against them. Their paranoia knows no bounds.

I think both will leave Scottish football in my lifetime and i personally cannot wait until they do and leave the rest of us to get on with it.

Unfortunately, as the home club, Kilmarnock are responsible for the safety and security of everyone within the stadium for the duration of the match.

If anyone has been injured then that's on them. Individual huns may well be prosecuted but Kilmarnock as a club may be held to account.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Four Huns charged with Breach of the Peace according to BBC Scotland followed by an image of a wrecked mini enclosure for disabled spectators. One spectator injured.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Rangers and Celtic fans get away with murder in this country. And they have the nerve to claim everyone is against them. Their paranoia knows no bounds.

I think both will leave Scottish football in my lifetime and i personally cannot wait until they do and leave the rest of us to get on with it.

It's not paranoia - it's deflection !. Both try and lump themselves in with all the other decent clubs when there's trouble, they try to make out every club has a problem-support - when 9/10 it's one or both of them !

As for them leaving, I'd love that too but can't see it happening - the English game/police/public will never accept the Hun due to their fans !. Ok, Septic's just the other cheek of the same erse but they don't riot every single time they set foot over the border !

How do you think we'll get on without them?
    Not too well I suspect. We'll be reduced to the football equivalent of a third world country if we're not already half way there.

Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    It's not paranoia - it's deflection !. Both try and lump themselves in with all the other decent clubs when there's trouble, they try to make out every club has a problem-support - when 9/10 it's one or both of them !

As for them leaving, I'd love that too but can't see it happening - the English game/police/public will never accept the Hun due to their fans !. Ok, Septic's just the other cheek of the same erse but they don't riot every single time they set foot over the border !
    The English certainly wouldn't accept Celtic either with the IRA section of their support. They would have even less support in England than Sevco.

Testimonial Due
    Why do people criticise the commentators during the match for not calling out sectarian singing? The match commentators remit is to commentate on what is happening on the pitch as the game progresses not what is being chanted from the stands no matter how vile it is.

If there is an incursion onto the pitch by supporters then they will make comment on this as it directly affects the game on the park.

Post game analysis is different and it is here that program hosts, pundits etc. Should call out such chanting as wholly unacceptable in our game and that the guilty parties should be brought to book (even though they generally don’t and this I agree is wrong) but I don’t think the match commentators should be making statements during the game when they are there to commentate on on field matters.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    Not too well I suspect. We'll be reduced to the football equivalent of a third world country if we're not already half way there.
    We got on fine without Oldco when the new club had to start in League 2.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

@hibs.net private member
    I suspect that there will be a European league set up sometime in the not too distant future. It has in effect already happened with the Champions League, Europa League and the new 3rd tournament.
    The biggest clubs will be invited in with the rest of us to live off scraps in a 5th or 6th tier league.
    The rich will continue to get richer and further away from us all.
    The bigot sisters will fit in the second tier.

Left by mutual consent!
    Petrie out! 🤬

Not a chance. They’ve already started deflecting any blame by blaming Killie for their ticketing system.

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    I think we would thrive without them. This whole mentality of we need the old firm to survive turns my stomach in all honesty.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Exuberance, it's not every day you get a win at Kilmarnock. The most the SPFL will do is get every single Sevco player inducted into the Hall of Fame to commemorate the occasion.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

I think we would thrive without them. This whole mentality of we need the old firm to survive turns my stomach in all honesty.

Completely agree with you,cringeworthy.

Quote Originally Posted by HibbySpurs View Post
    Why do people criticise the commentators during the match for not calling out sectarian singing? The match commentators remit is to commentate on what is happening on the pitch as the game progresses not what is being chanted from the stands no matter how vile it is.

If there is an incursion onto the pitch by supporters then they will make comment on this as it directly affects the game on the park.

Post game analysis is different and it is here that program hosts, pundits etc. Should call out such chanting as wholly unacceptable in our game and that the guilty parties should be brought to book (even though they generally don’t and this I agree is wrong) but I don’t think the match commentators should be making statements during the game when they are there to commentate on on field matters.
    Perhaps not the commentators but the people responsible for broadcasting the match could put an apology out each time a sectarian song is heard. Shame the clubs involved by turning the game off for however long the songs are sung and explain the reasons for this.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Like it or not they bring the majority of the money in to the game. TV Rights would be worth even less without them, and the co-efficient would disappear quickly.

Think that’s part of the problem. It’s always for somebody else to call out. What better time to highlight it than when it’s actually happening?

Problem is, nobody is really interested in doing anything about it. Most of them on the TV are probably desperate to join in, depending on which one of them are playing.

Spokesman for The Rangers thinks that Hibs are to blame. If only they had let The Rangers have their own way at Hampden in May 2016 their fans wouldn't have celebrated yesterday as if they had won something.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    Like it or not they bring the majority of the money in to the game. TV Rights would be worth even less without them, and the co-efficient would disappear quickly.
    Tv money is rubbish just now anyway and the co-efficient really isn’t that big a deal for the majority of Scottish clubs.

Considering Rangers wanted us banned from Europe, Scottish Cup taken off us, fined and fans arrested for our pitch invasion in 2016 im sure they all want the same punishment for their own fans? (Minus any silverware that's just silly).

Quote Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post
    Tv money is rubbish just now anyway and the co-efficient really isn’t that big a deal for the majority of Scottish clubs.
    European money is the biggie, and if the OF were playing in England, whatever money is coming in would go to other Scottish teams, assuming one or other of them manage to qualify into the proper cash, of course.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Nothing will happen to Rangers. The individual fans lifted will get a slap on the wrist under a breach of the peace charge, late goals against inferior opposition will still be celebrated with pitch invasions and sectarian singing and jokes about sectarianism and west of Scotland ’culture’ will continue on our national broadcaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Nothing will happen to Rangers. The individual fans lifted will get a slap on the wrist under a breach of the peace charge, late goals against inferior opposition will still be celebrated with pitch invasions and sectarian singing and jokes about sectarianism and west of Scotland ’culture’ will continue on the BBC.
    That about covers it.

@hibs.net private member
    Problem as always here is liability - clubs are not responsible for their fans.

Clubs voted for it and this is the result.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Look at their players still playing to their fans after their supporters leapt on a roof housing disabled fans, injuring one of them.

Lowlifes.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Why do people criticise the commentators during the match for not calling out sectarian singing? The match commentators remit is to commentate on what is happening on the pitch as the game progresses not what is being chanted from the stands no matter how vile it is. Hi

Can't agree I'm afraid. If a mic picks up swearing from the crowd, the commentator will almost immediately apologise for the bad language. When you also think of the amount of dead time in any game, they have ample opportunity to pass comment. If they're under orders NOT to comment however, then that's a completely different ball game.
    Last edited by crewetollhibee; 05-08-2019 at 09:38 AM.