hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    @hibs.net private member Ozyhibby's Avatar
    Genuine question, do they have public enquiries down south when construction projects run over? Maybe it only features on local news down there but they donít seem to cause as much of a fuss down there. And they certainly have plenty projects run over.
    And an IT project could probably run over budget by twice as much as this hospital and nobody would bat an eyelid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Genuine question, do they have public enquiries down south when construction projects run over? Maybe it only features on local news down there but they don’t seem to cause as much of a fuss down there. And they certainly have plenty projects run over.
    And an IT project could probably run over budget by twice as much as this hospital and nobody would bat an eyelid.

In the case of the QEUH, this isn’t about an IT or construction project ‘running over’. This is about a number of patient deaths potentially linked to infection prevention and control that could have been averted through the design and build, or the monitoring of it.

As for the Sick Kids, the problems with the design are such that it was perceived they could be putting children’s lives at risk, hence the stop of the decant to Little France.

This isn’t a construction or IT project running over, this is about patient safety, and potentially negligence. And negligence that may or may have not led to deaths or the risk of deaths.

Public inquiries are vast exercises that consume huge resource and expense but ultimately should get to the bottom of matters and produce findings that are accurate and relevant. I think it is deserved and necessary for these two hospitals, though I would be wary of conflating the findings as they both were developed in similar but nevertheless different situations and dynamics.
    Last edited by Mibbes Aye; 18-09-2019 at 01:09 AM.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    In the case of the QEUH, this isnít about an IT or construction project Ďrunning overí. This is about a number of patient deaths potentially linked to infection prevention and control that could have been averted through the design and build, or the monitoring of it.

As for the Sick Kids, the problems with the design are such that it was perceived they could be putting childrenís lives at risk, hence the stop of the decant to Little France.

This isnít a construction or IT project running over, this is about patient safety, and potentially negligence. And negligence that may or may have not led to deaths or the risk of deaths.

Public inquiries are vast exercises that consume huge resource and expense but ultimately should get to the bottom of matters and produce findings that are accurate and relevant. I think it is deserved and necessary for these two hospitals, though I would be wary of conflating the findings as they both were developed in similar but nevertheless different situations and dynamics.
    The deaths at QEUH would probably have occurred whether they had picked up those infections. The patients were very ill to start with.

What I would like to know is whether faults in the ventilation were known before the hospital was signed off.

At the new Sick Kids, we have an actual smoking gun. The board were prepared to sign off the hospital despite knowing it wasn't safe.

Jean Freeman has to be applauded for stepping in and putting a stop to this crime. I would like to know the names of those involved and which ones dissented , as some of them must be clinicians.

Apparently there were 2,000 snagging problems at the Sick Kids in May and the place won't be ready till next autumn!
    So all those hard hats clumping about the Royal for yonks have been making a bollox of their work?
    They should be forced to hand back their inflated wage packets. Flipping scandal.

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    Apparently there were 2,000 snagging problems at the Sick Kids in May and the place won't be ready till next autumn!
    So all those hard hats clumping about the Royal for yonks have been making a bollox of their work?
    They should be forced to hand back their inflated wage packets. Flipping scandal.
    Eating bacon rolls and reading the Sun.

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    Is 2000 a big number for a building of that size? Let's not lose sight of the real scandal by focussing on the sort of thing that happens on every building project.

@hibs.net private member Ozyhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cataplana View Post
    Is 2000 a big number for a building of that size? Let's not lose sight of the real scandal by focussing on the sort of thing that happens on every building project.
    It isnít. Snagging can be for some very minor things like a squeaky hinge that is very easily fixed. Snagging will likely continue even after the building is occupied.

Quote Originally Posted by Cataplana View Post
    That was my thoughts exactly. 2,000 on an entirely new hospital seems pretty good going given i have friends that have raised dozens on their new-build homes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lendo View Post
    That was my thoughts exactly. 2,000 on an entirely new hospital seems pretty good going given i have friends that have raised dozens on their new-build homes.
    It would be pretty good if it didnít have one snagging problem that towers over the others.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

It's not really that big an issue in the grand scheme of things, the snagging was highlighted way before may. There are some staff working in the building just now, the DCN will hopefully be open about march time and fingers crossed the rest later in the year

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    2000 snagging issues on a build that size is minor.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    2000 snagging issues on a build that size is minor.
    In terms of numbers but not in severity. If there was only 1 but the place stays shut it wouldnít be good.

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    In terms of numbers but not in severity. If there was only 1 but the place stays shut it wouldnít be good.

It was meant to be open before now. It is now debatable if it will actually open, a delay of another year at least?

Thatís not snagging, thatís not a dodgy plug socket or an integrated kitchen fridge door that opens left when it should be right.

The problem or at least the one identified is critical in terms of child safety.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post

It was meant to be open before now. It is now debatable if it will actually open, a delay of another year at least?

Thatís not snagging, thatís not a dodgy plug socket or an integrated kitchen fridge door that opens left when it should be right.

The problem or at least the one identified is critical in terms of child safety.
    Which is why the Health Secretary pulled the plug on opening earlier this year.
    They tried to bury us, they didn't realise we were seeds.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    It would be pretty good if it didnít have one snagging problem that towers over the others.