hibs.net Messageboard

Page 460 of 486 FirstFirst ... 360410450458459460461462470 ... LastLast
Results 13,771 to 13,800 of 14577
    @hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Really pleased for Ole - hope that the club stick with him for a while. He's building a good team and for the first time in years they're playing with a proper identity.

There's a lot of mistakes to undo before they can challenge for a title again but a competitive Man Utd team is good for the Premier League.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

2. Log in to remove the advert

Amazing what a difference Pogba and Fernandes have made. Both unbelievable players.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mason Greenwood is some talent for an 18yr old, so many attacking options, Vidic coming back allows them to play this way.
    Vidic retired about 4 years ago.

Left by mutual consent!
    Huge win for Cardiff.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    It’s only Bournemouth... but United are building something here.

rashford, Greenwood and Fernandez will terrify teams

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Mason Greenwood is some talent for an 18yr old, so many attacking options, Vidic coming back allows them to play this way.
    Matic you mean?😛

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Vidic retired about 4 years ago.
    Assuming it was Matic.

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Matic you mean?😛
    Yes I do haha, sat and watched the whole game and still got his name wrong, knew it ended in "ic"

@hibs.net private member
    Had no idea Arsenal had signed Cedric from Southampton, really good signing he always impressed when I seen him with Southampton. Arteta looks to be building a decent squad.

Really impressed with Greenwood, left and right for his two goals hit with some power. 18 year old and he looks like he,s just having a kick about with his mates, the boys got a bright future.

Luiz on a yellow lol defenfitly will be sent off.

Wonderful goal by Saka just before HT. Arsenal 1-0 up .

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Sauzee View Post
    Had no idea Arsenal had signed Cedric from Southampton, really good signing he always impressed when I seen him with Southampton. Arteta looks to be building a decent squad.
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Wonderful goal by Saka just before HT. Arsenal 1-0 up .
    I think Cedric only made his debut the game before this and scored a screamer.

Fascinated by this Arsenal squad under Arteta, for next season. They are brimming with young talent - Tierney, Nketieh, Willock, Saka, Nelson and the newly-arriving Saliba.

Hanging on, or adequately replacing Aubameyang is critical, his scoring rate is sensational. And he replicates that drift to the left that Thierry aHenry was the master of.

I think they still need a solid centre half, especially if playing four, though three suits Luiz. Mustafi is simply too risky.

Centre mid, I suspect they will keep Cabellos if he wants to stay in London. Real Madrid will have other options and be open to a sale. Lucas Torreira really impressed. Xhaka I can never make my mind up about - sometimes I think he is a League-winning player, other times I think he is meh.

On the right Bellerin seems to be back from his injury woes, with Maitland Nile’s offering back up and another option in midfield.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    I think Cedric only made his debut the game before this and scored a screamer.

Fascinated by this Arsenal squad under Arteta, for next season. They are brimming with young talent - Tierney, Nketieh, Willock, Saka, Nelson and the newly-arriving Saliba.

Hanging on, or adequately replacing Aubameyang is critical, his scoring rate is sensational. And he replicates that drift to the left that Thierry aHenry was the master of.

I think they still need a solid centre half, especially if playing four, though three suits Luiz. Mustafi is simply too risky.

Centre mid, I suspect they will keep Cabellos if he wants to stay in London. Real Madrid will have other options and be open to a sale. Lucas Torreira really impressed. Xhaka I can never make my mind up about - sometimes I think he is a League-winning player, other times I think he is meh.

On the right Bellerin seems to be back from his injury woes, with Maitland Nile’s offering back up and another option in midfield.
    If this is the system Arteta wants to go with then I think he has to replace all 3 Centre half’s, they are all too prone to mistakes. Tying down Aubameyang is a must aswell.

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Sauzee View Post
    If this is the system Arteta wants to go with then I think he has to replace all 3 Centre half’s, they are all too prone to mistakes. Tying down Aubameyang is a must aswell.
    I think the fact that Aubameyang clearly works so well with Lacazette makes it a no-brainer. They are both capable of playing at the business end of Champions League football, but I guess Arsenal have to match that.

If Arsenal go with three at the back then it plays to the strengths of Tierney and Bellerin. I think Luiz can play a role as the advancing centre half but I would want more reassurance about the other two. I think Rob Holding has yet to show whether he can grow into the role. I want to like Sokratis and he has shown up well at times, but I am not certain. Mustafi scares me but can pop up at set pieces for a goal.

Regardless, Arsenal are a team where the expectation is a bare minimum of being top four, should be challenging for the title and should be challenging for the CL. That has not been the case for a while now and a central defence of Mustafi, Holding and Sokratis simply doesn’t cut the mustard
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Left by mutual consent!
    I can’t wait to see who spends the most money. Truly scintillating stuff

Very nice 2nd goal for Arsenal. Lacazette.

Spotted me a wee Dalry Llama on the Wolves bench - what a guy! 😍

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloucester Hibs View Post
    Spotted me a wee Dalry Llama on the Wolves bench - what a guy! 😍
    It's OK.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Arsenal are not as bad as the media will have you believe. The EPL is unbelievably competitive and it shows in Arsenal’s results away from home.

There are undoubted clangers to be had at the back but if they take this next window seriously enough it could be easily rectified.

Saliba might be a good start. Arteta seems to know what he is doing. The question is do the Arsenal boardroom know what they are doing? Above Edu it’s a bit of a shambles... but again it’s only going by what the media tell you.

And right now it’s fashionable to stick the boot into Arsenal if you’re in the Media.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakim Sar View Post
    Arsenal are not as bad as the media will have you believe. The EPL is unbelievably competitive and it shows in Arsenal’s results away from home.

There are undoubted clangers to be had at the back but if they take this next window seriously enough it could be easily rectified.

Saliba might be a good start. Arteta seems to know what he is doing. The question is do the Arsenal boardroom know what they are doing? Above Edu it’s a bit of a shambles... but again it’s only going by what the media tell you.

And right now it’s fashionable to stick the boot into Arsenal if you’re in the Media.
    Wolves were crap.

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    Wolves were crap.
    Easy to say but Wolves were the only side that had won all games since the restart, Arsenal made them look very ordinary.

Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post
    I can’t wait to see who spends the most money. Truly scintillating stuff
    It's a fantastic league whether you like it or not.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    I don’t think he’s been great for Scotland, but the little I’ve seen of McBurnie for Shef Utd and he’s actually a better player than I previously thought IMO.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    I don’t think he’s been great for Scotland, but the little I’ve seen of McBurnie for Shef Utd and he’s actually a better player than I previously thought IMO.
    I don’t think he’s anywhere near as bad as some people will have u believe but he should have done far better with his early opportunity today and he’s also cost his team a goal. Not having a great day so far.

@hibs.net private member
    McGinn continues to look like he’s towing a caravan after injury.

I wonder if he is seriously playing whilst in pain or 50/60% fit.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post

I thought he got himself more involved in the last 15 minutes.

United we stand here....

Folk raving about his performance on Twitter. I'm not watching it but sounds like he's playing very well

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar

Thought he was ok tbh. Bit odd to see him marking Van Dijk at that last corner.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by supermcginn View Post
    It's a fantastic league whether you like it or not.
    OK thanks for this