hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar

19 September v The Rangers - first game with fans?

That certainly sounds like a possibility from the First Mknistes's statement.

Circa 10,600 STs in a 20,421 capacity stadium. Would seem sensible for the club to reach out and ask any fans who would not - for whatever reason - wish to attend the first x number of games so they know how many fans they will be dealing with and take it from there.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Circa 10,600 STs in a 20,421 capacity stadium. Would seem sensible for the club to reach out and ask any fans who would not - for whatever reason - wish to attend the first x number of games so they know how many fans they will be dealing with and take it from there.

If everybody wears a mask (and maybe gloves?) and we only use every 2nd seat, then you never know. I honestly can't wait to be taking some of my many nephews/nieces to games with me.

Not getting my hopes up, though, as there's going to be lots of twists and turns before we get back to normal.

Doubt it

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The dalmeny View Post
    Doubt it
    Doubt what?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    If everybody wears a mask (and maybe gloves?) and we only use every 2nd seat, then you never know. I honestly can't wait to be taking some of my many nephews/nieces to games with me.

Not getting my hopes up, though, as there's going to be lots of twists and turns before we get back to normal.
    Presumably family groups could sit together and we'd have something more than 50% occupancy, although exiting would be the main pinchpoint (which masks may well adequately mitigate).
    ​#PERSEVERED

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    No Huns in the stadium I'm guessing. Excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesie View Post

What did the FM say?

Even if it was home fans obviously in stadiums and it was limited to 5.5k fans and we could only see every 2nd game (might be difficult to impliment) but it almost see it working. Just under 1400 in each stand (more In the east and the west) maybe im just getting my hopes up to much

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post

Not as simple as every second seat though, can't use the seat behind or in front. Not sure about diagonal either.

In the other hand, surely family groups could be accommodated? I'd be a bit frustrated if I could attend, but couldn't take my sons.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs Class View Post
    Presumably family groups could sit together and we'd have something more than 50% occupancy, although exiting would be the main pinchpoint (which masks may well adequately mitigate).

I posted on that previously and it's logistically not possible to increase capacity by sitting in groups, because the seat in front of someone will always have to remain free.

The basic premise is that if you use three quarter of the seats in one row, then you've just made three quarter of seats in the row in front of that unusuable.

In theory it is possible if you occupy every second row and have a spare seat or two between family groups.

The issue would be people wanting out and having to get past people between them and the stairs.

I can’t see it being possible

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    Not as simple as every second seat though, can't use the seat behind or in front. Not sure about diagonal either.

In the other hand, surely family groups could be accommodated? I'd be a bit frustrated if I could attend, but couldn't take my sons.

Every second row and every second seat. Should be a metre between persons.. Would even sit in the south.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    What did the FM say?
    Limited numbers may be able to attend sports events from 14th September.

They could probably open the FF lower right away , theyve been practicing social distancing in there for about 10 years

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1875 View Post
    They could probably open the FF lower right away , theyve been practicing social distancing in there for about 10 years
    Brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Limited numbers may be able to attend sports events from 14th September.
    Word limited not defined, one mans limited is 1,000 and an others is 10,000
    Mine would probably be 10% of capacity in September and if all goes well gradually scale it up to 25%. We need to start somewhere and that would be a start.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 30-07-2020 at 12:30 PM.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1875 View Post
    Amazing

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Fingers crossed that social distancing can be brought down from 2M to 1M for businesses - is that already the case for pubs/restaurants?

That would make a big difference and probably allow all STs access.

Not sure how they'd then distribute people. Presumably an online booking system for STs to access, put in however many client ref numbers are in their household bubble and can sit together (the more of these, the more we'd get into the stadium) and then be allocated seats based on that.

All in all it sounds positive!
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Newry Hibs's Avatar
    Irish cup final on Friday night at Windsor park is allowing 500 spectators.

Will be interesting to see how they are seated (has a c18,000 capacity).

A lot of tickets are for family / friends and then season ticket holders.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Word limited not defined, one mans limited is 1,000 and an others is 10,000
    Mine would probably be 10% of capacity in September and if all goes well gradually scale it up to 25%. We need to start somewhere and that would be a start.
    I don’t think it’ll start that low. When they do let folk in I think we’ll be able to accommodate a fair percentage of season ticket holders who want to go.

First things first, there will be people who don’t want to go so identify them.

Presume Hibs will do a bit of analysis on who is from the same household (per what is on the database) which would obviously help limit the number of seats kept empty as they don’t need to distance from each other.

Even putting every season ticket holder in the stadium only has it a bit over 50% of capacity so there is plenty room to work with.

Appreciate that is a bit simplistic because you can throw up the scenario of what happens at half time and so on but people need to be creative to make this work. And people will adapt to what they need to do as well.

@hibs.net private member 18Craig75's Avatar
    ‘A contact’ is counted as being within 2m of someone for 15minutes. That means walking past people shouldn’t be an issue. Implement a traffic light system for the toilets.

Hopefully we can make it work, will need compliance from us lot which might be the hard bit. They don’t like singing either, which means loud shouting as well I guess.

@hibs.net private member soul_driver's Avatar
    There was a test event at the County Cricket at the weekend.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/53544599

Fans were spaced by alternate rows and two-seat gaps per group in two stands. About 30% of the seats in the two open stands at The Oval were filled.

Were we not told a couple of months ago we could use murrayfield? Not ideal and id rather the games were at easter road, but we could accommodate all season ticket holders, and some more in the home of the egg chasers!

Quote Originally Posted by Partyraiser View Post
    Were we not told a couple of months ago we could use murrayfield? Not ideal and id rather the games were at easter road, but we could accommodate all season ticket holders, and some more in the home of the egg chasers!
    I don't think they were offering it free of charge

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    I don’t think it’ll start that low. When they do let folk in I think we’ll be able to accommodate a fair percentage of season ticket holders who want to go.

First things first, there will be people who don’t want to go so identify them.

Presume Hibs will do a bit of analysis on who is from the same household (per what is on the database) which would obviously help limit the number of seats kept empty as they don’t need to distance from each other.

Even putting every season ticket holder in the stadium only has it a bit over 50% of capacity so there is plenty room to work with.

Appreciate that is a bit simplistic because you can throw up the scenario of what happens at half time and so on but people need to be creative to make this work. And people will adapt to what they need to do as well.
    I don’t think that approach will be possible in September though. The way things are going at the moment I can see things going backwards for a spell before we can look at getting reasonable numbers inside grounds again unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    I don’t think that approach will be possible in September though. The way things are going at the moment I can see things going backwards for a spell before we can look at getting reasonable numbers inside grounds again unfortunately.
    The way things are going at the moment? We’ve not had a death for a fortnight. Estimated that there are only 300 infectious folk in Scotland. And test and protect seems to be identifying any clusters quickly as well.

The way things are going at the moment? We’ve not had a death for a fortnight. Estimated that there are only 300 infectious folk in Scotland. And test and protect seems to be identifying any clusters quickly as well.

Currently the risk of getting covid even if stadiums were full is tiny.

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    Pretty sure the majority of these are in care homes or hospitals as well.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    Pretty sure the majority of these are in care homes or hospitals as well.

Correct, and out-door events such as football are much safer than pubs, which have been open for weeks without any hint of the 'spike' that so many people were expecting.

All being well its just a matter now of how many get to attend.

Numbers are creeping up and clusters are appearing in several countries again. Countries that are well ahead of us in the covid timeline. The pattern is being repeated. But crack on with your complacent view and dream of decent crowds at ER in Sept.