hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Kamberi

Kamberi

Hes slowly getting there. Thought his link up play was excellent. Not on his arse every 2 minutes. Not on his heels. Trying to get involved. Ran back 30 yards at the end to stop an attack. Should have had a goal for the offside. Should have scored the one on one and shouldve had an assist for his cross in for Doidge.

Managed to turn his man a few times and was trying the wee flicks and one twos that he simply didnt feel confident enough to last season.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Add in the goal at Elgin which was a goal and he has made a very strong start to the season.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    He’s getting back to his best. Good to see and a valuable player.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

He's not one of those lone strikers you can leave up there to do it all by himself.

When he's isolated he struggles, and we struggle. When we manage to get players up playing off him, he's good and we're good.

He's had a strong start to the season.

Left by mutual consent!
    He's leaner quite noticeably. Lennon telling him he needed to bulk up last season was awful management. His game is heavily reliant on his movement. I'm really happy with his start to the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's not one of those lone strikers you can leave up there to do it all by himself.

When he's isolated he struggles, and we struggle. When we manage to get players up playing off him, he's good and we're good.

Important player, great to see him getting back to his quality.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Torto7 View Post
    He's leaner quite noticeably. Lennon telling him he needed to bulk up last season was awful management. His game is heavily reliant on his movement. I'm really happy with his start to the season.
    Lennon shat all over Kamberi last season, he made him a scapegoat and destroyed any confidence he had.

Delighted to see Flo come back, he’ll be like a new signing.

Has anyone seen the disallowed goal again? I’m not sure he was off.

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    almost certain he was not offside.Very poor decision by officials

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Has anyone seen the disallowed goal again? I’m not sure he was off.
    Half a mile on. Identical to the Elgin disallowed goal.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by staunchhibby View Post
    almost certain he was not offside.Very poor decision by officials
    2 games on the trot
    He’s due some luck soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

I thought there were glimpses of a partnership between Doidge and Kamberi. Despite his 2 sitters i quite liked the look of Doidge and he did well for the goal.

@hibs.net private member
    Played well when Doidge came on. He's not a target man and will always struggle without someone alongside him.

His tracking back at the end resulted in him intercepting a dangerous attack down our left.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    Played well when Doidge came on. He's not a target man and will always struggle without someone alongside him.

His tracking back at the end resulted in him intercepting a dangerous attack down our left.
    He seems to be playing with a smile on his face again

Left by mutual consent!
    Keep him in a two please. I don’t think he will start next week mind.

When there were rumours of a bid I said that I'd accept it if we're going to have the Kamberi of last season and reject it if it was the player of his first six months.

I'd say he's started this season closer to the latter, so I'm glad that no bid was made.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    2 games on the trot
    He’s due some luck soon!
    Not a chance that is luck

I thought he was really good in the second half. Played to the left a bit and made a really good tackle when he chased back well into his own half.

He’s got a hat trick inside him and I’m hoping it won’t be long before he scores it .

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Keep him in a two please. I don’t think he will start next week mind.
    he might start wide left in place of newall with Doidge up too

One of the accusations thrown at him last season was that he was lazy. I thought that was very harsh, I'd go as far as to say it was people lazily parroting what Neil Lennon had implied rather than forming an opinion of their own. He was never lazy but badly lacking in confidence.

Yesterday was a tough shift for him as he was starved of decent service and support. However he plugged away and can consider himself very unfortunate not to have walked away with a goal and an assist. He's a good player and if we can get the ball to him in the right areas he'll both score and provide goals.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    One of the accusations thrown at him last season was that he was lazy. I thought that was very harsh, I'd go as far as to say it was people lazily parroting what Neil Lennon had implied rather than forming an opinion of their own. He was never lazy but badly lacking in confidence.

Yesterday was a tough shift for him as he was starved of decent service and support. However he plugged away and can consider himself very unfortunate not to have walked away with a goal and an assist. He's a good player and if we can get the ball to him in the right areas he'll both score and provide goals.
    Wasn’t a bad performance from him in parts ...certainly better than chunks of last season ....don’t think he is lazy..but I do think his focus and effort levels vary ..sometimes during a game he seems on it ..other times (and there were a few occasions yesterday) he seems to wait for something to happen for him ..also his lack of bringing the ball under control when it is played to him is a key weakness..these flicks and knock ons may look pretty, but it can also be lack of taking responsibility...

technically he could be a top notch player - he has all the attributes of skill, athleticism, pace ..when he reallyPuts his mind to it

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    He seems to be up for it again but his chance that fell for doidge should have burst the net, was quite an easy save for the keeper, in his first spell he would have scored with that, hopefully gets a fair amount of goals this season

I thought he was quite poor for much of the game yesterday but there were still signs that he is getting back to the player he can be.

And he looks a bit less miserable.