hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member

Slivka - decent impact

Not being his biggest fan, thought I would acknowledge Slivka’s contribution today - looked a step up from others around him when he came on - it’s also noticeable that he is straight back in the squad when fit - so management must rate him ....could perhaps be a big season for him...nice one Vicky !

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    I'd drop Mallan for next week and play Slivka. He's not perfect but he can run box to box and we'll need that. He should probably start for the development team actually and get a full 90 mins before the trip to Mordor.

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    I like the guy and want him to do well, all I can remember him doing is attempting two crosses that went straight out of play

Certainly seemed to show a bit more urgency when he came on. He's a strange one really; clearly talented but just never seems to quite show it consistently.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

He was good in the opening half an hour against Newcastle too. Impressive considering he's not really had a pre season.

Looked good against Newcastle too, offers something different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Torto7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd drop Mallan for next week and play Slivka. He's not perfect but he can run box to box and we'll need that. He should probably start for the development team actually and get a full 90 mins before the trip to Mordor.
    I’d agree with that, Mallan wasn’t up to much today

I thought we picked up when he came on as well.

He's better than most of our midfielders at playing under pressure - he's got a good touch, enough pace to take him away from players and gets his head up.

The centre of midfield really didn't work today. Vela and Mallan were pretty awful but they were being closed down quickly and rarely looked like they had a decent option to pass the ball on to.

For the first time in years I have a bit of the fear about going to Ibrox, as I get the feeling that this is an area they have the potential to destroy us.

Slivka may well be part of a solution.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Dropping Mallan for Slivka would be madness imo.

It still amazes me how many people dont want a guy in the team who was our most important attacking threat last year with assists and goals combined, who offers a goal threat anywhere from 35 yards in and finished top player with assists in the spfl outwith Huns and Tims.

First Team Breakthrough
    Thought vela was poor today, Slivka made a big difference. Hard one for next week cause I’d like Mallan to stay in the team but neither him or Slivka are going to protect defence

Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    I like the guy and want him to do well, all I can remember him doing is attempting two crosses that went straight out of play
    Same here

First Team Breakthrough
    Changed the game for me when he came on. Well done!

I think slivka and mallan are good at opposite things. Slivka can beat a man and carry the ball up the pitch. Whereas Mallan is more of a shooter, passed and is a threat from a dead ball

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    I’d agree with that, Mallan wasn’t up to much today
    I worry a bit about where Mallan fits into this team. I know Vela's role in front of the defence and Allan's linking up with the forwards but Mallan seemed a bit lost to me today.

Quote Originally Posted by elevengoats View Post
    Changed the game for me when he came on. Well done!
    The change of shape changed it more than Slivka himself I would say. Have seen him play a lot better than he did today.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Is Slivka finally finding the form we all seem to think he’s capable of or are the players around him just getting worse so he looks better?

Realise that is a very negative slant on a thread praising him but I’m not sure it’s that much of a coincidence people saying he did well today and against Newcastle.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor Park View Post
    Dropping Mallan for Slivka would be madness imo.

It still amazes me how many people don't want a guy in the team who was our most important attacking threat last year with assists and goals combined, who offers a goal threat anywhere from 35 yards in and finished top player with assists in the spfl outwith Huns and Tims.
    I'm not in the don't want him camp. I just think in certain games the Allan/Mallan combo will be exposed. Slivka can play box-box and I'd use that next week. Slivka always seems to play well against the old firm too.

I was surprised he got the nod ahead of Fraser Murray but he did well when he came on. Another example of the manager being able and not shy to change things to win is a game

Slivka , Allan and Vela for me I would bench Mallan. Vela was poor today but hopefully just needs game time.

I'm not in the don't want him camp. I just think in certain games the Allan/Mallan combo will be exposed. Slivka can play box-box and I'd use that next week. Slivka always seems to play well against the old firm too.
    Fair dos mate. Good point re his old firm performances too.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    I was surprised he got the nod ahead of Fraser Murray but he did well when he came on. Another example of the manager being able and not shy to change things to win is a game
    Yep, said at the game that Murray should have come on instead of Slivka but he played well, not his biggest fan but brought a bit of dynamism to midfield, which was badly lacking.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Weir07 View Post
    Yep, said at the game that Murray should have come on instead of Slivka but he played well, not his biggest fan but brought a bit of dynamism to midfield, which was badly lacking.
    I thought Vela had a really disappointing game. Too slow in thought and to the pass. Gave the ball away too often and got caught in possession which we cant afford in his position. Its the first time ive seen him and I'll give him the benefit of doubt. Hes got to be better than i saw today. Thought we looked alot better when Slivka came on.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    I thought Vela had a really disappointing game. Too slow in thought and to the pass. Gave the ball away too often and got caught in possession which we cant afford in his position. Its the first time ive seen him and I'll give him the benefit of doubt. Hes got to be better than i saw today. Thought we looked alot better when Slivka came on.
    He is much better than today. This is the problem when you don’t get your squad in for pre season
    I’m sure he’ll come good for Hibs though

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    He is much better than today. This is the problem when you don’t get your squad in for pre season
    Hope so Billy

@hibs.net private member
    Very good shout.

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar
    He was much better than Vela, who was well off the pace and shouldn't have been near the starting XI.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    I thought he was awful, our biggest disappointment although in fairness he was often looking for options that didn't exist so his poor performance wasn't entirely down to himself.

His final contribution down on the bye-line was inexcusable where he looked like he ducked out of a challenge when he could have committed a bit more and won us a corner. In fairness to him, I think he was knackered rather than lacking courage.

The Vela/ Mallan thing just didn't work, too much dithering.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    I hope you’re right as I agree with everything Lancs Harp said. I thought he was playing too deep as well but his thought process was too laboured, got caught in possession too often and slow to see a move. He may well be rusty and his passing options limited so I’m hoping you are correct 👍

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Not being his biggest fan, thought I would acknowledge Slivka’s contribution today - looked a step up from others around him when he came on - it’s also noticeable that he is straight back in the squad when fit - so management must rate him ....could perhaps be a big season for him...nice one Vicky !
    Energy. We were so static including the can do no wrong Allan.

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Energy. We were so static including the can do no wrong Allan.
    Thought Allan tried to make things happen tbf, always had the head up looking for an angle.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"