hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Food in the Ground

Again, new season same old nonsense food in stadium, pitch looking great, like the new kits and signings! But the food is garbage. Surely our new American investor wouldn’t eat this tripe!

2. Log in to remove the advert

What food do you want? Not baught any my self but seeing lots of people bringing it to their seats and we'll it just looks like the standard food you expect at a sports stadium.
    Cougars!!!

If you don't like it then don't buy it. Plenty of independent bakeries near the ground and a greggs/baynes 5 mins away.if people stop buying it they will soon learn nobody likes the food and will have no choice but to improve it or lower the prices

bet loads of the folk who moan about the price and quality of the food will happily pay £3.5-£4 for a pint of crap lager in a local boozer when they could dive up to tesco and get 3 tins of stella for the same price...

Quote Originally Posted by sambajustice View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    bet loads of the folk who moan about the price and quality of the food will happily pay £3.5-£4 for a pint of crap lager in a local boozer when they could dive up to tesco and get 3 tins of stella for the same price...
    To be fair it's not like you could just take a 4 pack into the pub.

Left by mutual consent!
    I just wish they’d take contactless.

Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    What food do you want? Not baught any my self but seeing lots of people bringing it to their seats and we'll it just looks like the standard food you expect at a sports stadium.
    A pizza that actually tastes like a pizza?

They ran out of anything in FF upper by end of ht, shambles.

Quote Originally Posted by Exuberance1875 View Post
    Again, new season same old nonsense food in stadium, pitch looking great, like the new kits and signings! But the food is garbage. Surely our new American investor wouldn’t eat this tripe!
    You didn't go for the new vegan sausage roll then?

Quote Originally Posted by Leitherhibs View Post
    They ran out of anything in FF upper by end of ht, shambles.

Is that no how it’s meant to work????

Be nice to get the staff to serve it, down to two kids serving the whole West Upper South.

I believe it is changing but not this season.

I feel for the folk that work in the kiosks. I witnessed one guy rip into the cashier who was assisting him. In all fairness the cashier seemed to be really nervous (one of them was visibly shaking as he was serving someone at the other end). The guy was buying a juice and two pies and gave the cashier twenty quid who then proceeded to give the guy about £18 change until he realised he was making a mistake.

It’s not exactly the most prestigious job in the world but I’d quite like to see maybe a supervisors helping out the young folk working and that the cashiers have a simple grasp of what they’re serving, what they have at the time and the prices of things. I always say it but I’m going to be a bit more proactive with taking my own stuff in.

In saying that we had a minutes applause for a girl who didn’t live to see her third birthday. Perspective.

Service in West Upper was really poor - down to the lack of staff, not the staff themselves.

The mince pies I bought at half time resembled some sort of food paste that had been welded onto a circle of hardboard …. 90% inedible.

Surely we can do better.

@hibs.net private member
    I'm not in any way shape or form into things like boycotts, but the time has come, boycott the kiosks!

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    I'm not in any way shape or form into things like boycotts, but the time has come, boycott the kiosks!
    Isn't that broadly what people have said - if you don't like something, don't buy it?

If nobody buys the crap food, then it will soon change. The problem is that there are clearly enough people still buying it.

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    Let’s hope Ron has some ideas or brings in someone with the ideas/know how to put up good food for the fans.

i keep my grandsons well away from the awful pizzas and pies but their dads occasionally give in unfortunately.

Surprised Leanne has not addressed this by now (or brought someone in to do so).

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post
    I just wish they’d take contactless.
    Craig Thomson would still give the penalty.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

We should be getting in local companies similar to the pizza thing from last season. Get an Indian restaurant to cook a big batch of curry and sell that. Even something like burritos or soups. Cheap, easy and if it tastes nice it will sell

Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    I have had some very good food at sports stadia and there is no real reason why Hibs shouldn't be offering a lot better than they do. Need the right catering partner and a bit of vision to make it something that people want to eat.

How hard is it to have some healthy options too? Surely we should be promoting healthy eating - since the foundation promote this stuff etc.

Fruit for example.

As covered on other threads the match at experience has been crap for a while and Hibs need to sort it out. No wonder everyone turns up at 2.50pm as no reason to go to stadium any earlier which is a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    How hard is it to have some healthy options too? Surely we should be promoting healthy eating - since the foundation promote this stuff etc.

Fruit for example.

As covered on other threads the match at experience has been crap for a while and Hibs need to sort it out. No wonder everyone turns up at 2.50pm as no reason to go to stadium any earlier which is a shame.
    There is a whole revenue stream here that must be underperforming for the club, better quality food and healthier options in addition to finding good bakeries to supply the pies can't be that hard? Dunfermline and Killie can manage it...

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    There is a whole revenue stream here that must be underperforming for the club, better quality food and healthier options in addition to finding good bakeries to supply the pies can't be that hard? Dunfermline and Killie can manage it...
    Suspect the caterers pay Hibs a rental so cynically the club don’t give a monkeys whether we buy/like the stuff.

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    Half the kiosk in the West Upper was closed. I would have bought a pie but was not prepared to wait in the queue. So much for improving the match day experience.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Suspect the caterers pay Hibs a rental so cynically the club don’t give a monkeys whether we buy/like the stuff.
    Then the whole thing needs an overhaul and the customer needs to come first, the food has always been awful at ER and it really could be much much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    We get all the Favourita / Victoria promotion but we still sell crap pizza slices.

Hibs also need to install water fountains as fans should be able to access water for free - issue would be cups etc.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    We get all the Favourita / Victoria promotion but we still sell crap pizza slices.

Hibs also need to install water fountains as fans should be able to access water for free - issue would be cups etc.
    How good would it be if we had a couple of different food offerings, using the likes of La Favourita and good local companies.

First Team Breakthrough
    Decided to try the new vegan sausage roll instead of taking my own food to the stadium. Asked for it at half time, was sold out. Will come with my own vegan pie next time. :D

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Half time West South Upper

Two girls Two gigantic queues

Do HIBS not want my money?

Get it sorted HIBS

Embarrassing

Left by mutual consent!
    My mince pie was beautiful. No complaints about the service either

First Team Breakthrough
    Anyone notice if there happened to be hot water available in the toilet sinks today?