hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 185

Thread: Formula 1

  1. #91
    I've grown to appreciate Hamilton's skill and the fact that he is a level above everyone currently, however even though he seems a nice guy he just comes across as a bit of a knob as well.

    This might make sense only in my head , but it seems like 90% of what he comes out with is a collection of "inspirational" quotations you'd read off of the nonsense that is posted on Instagram.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #92
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    16,037
    Brazilian GP this weekend. A race famous for big crashes and controversial incidents. Leclerc is taking an engine penalty and could well be worth a punt to win it at a decent price given what’s happened in the past.
    Albon is 80/1 to win, backing him each way gives you just over 26/1 to be on the podium.
    Last edited by lord bunberry; 15-11-2019 at 01:24 PM.

    United we stand here....

  4. #93
    Testimonial Due The_Exile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    East Lothian
    Posts
    2,525
    Red bull went well round Interlagos last year and if Ferrari don't find their mojo again then 80/1 is a big price. Red Bull will be hoping Mercedes are in cruise control mode now and they can possibly take advantage. Albon has out-pointed Max since joining Red Bull and I'd say on merit too, he's not as lively as Max is in that car and that seems to suit the Red Bull. Interesting race.

    I see Hamilton is talking about a new contract. I always pictured him ending up at Ferrari at some point.

  5. #94
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    16,037
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Exile View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Red bull went well round Interlagos last year and if Ferrari don't find their mojo again then 80/1 is a big price. Red Bull will be hoping Mercedes are in cruise control mode now and they can possibly take advantage. Albon has out-pointed Max since joining Red Bull and I'd say on merit too, he's not as lively as Max is in that car and that seems to suit the Red Bull. Interesting race.

    I see Hamilton is talking about a new contract. I always pictured him ending up at Ferrari at some point.
    I was watching the F1 channel last night and they were saying that Hamilton has only ever driven Mercedes powered cars and that if he wants a continued role in F1 after he retires it makes sense for him to continue with Mercedes.

    United we stand here....

  6. #95
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    16,037
    Looking forward to this one.

    United we stand here....

  7. #96
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    16,037
    Hamilton should be a sitting duck to the three cars behind on soft tyres. Come on Albon get a podium.

    United we stand here....

  8. #97
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    16,037
    Albon up fo third

    United we stand here....

  9. #98
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    16,037
    The two Ferraris collide and are out, Hamilton inexplicably has just pitted, Albon up to second. I put £10 each way at 80/1.

    United we stand here....

  10. #99
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    16,037
    Noooooooooooo I canít believe it. **** off hamilton.

    United we stand here....

  11. #100
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    16,037
    Great race again in Brazil. Gutted for my bet, but delighted for Gasly to get second.

    United we stand here....

  12. #101
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    16,037
    Why donít they give Hamilton his penalty now and less Sainz take his position on the podium?

    United we stand here....

  13. #102
    Great stuff! Ferrariís implode again.

  14. #103
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    10,673
    Ahh what a bummer for the bet! Was looking sweet there.

    Albon left too much of a gap but Hamilton man enough to own up to it at the end.

    As you say I donít understand why they donít come to a quick decision on that and give McLaren the chance to actually be on the podium rather than give them it Ďposthumouslyí

    Great race though and Ferrari always good value for being able to trip over themselves!!

  15. #104
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    16,037
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ahh what a bummer for the bet! Was looking sweet there.

    Albon left too much of a gap but Hamilton man enough to own up to it at the end.

    As you say I donít understand why they donít come to a quick decision on that and give McLaren the chance to actually be on the podium rather than give them it Ďposthumouslyí

    Great race though and Ferrari always good value for being able to trip over themselves!!
    Yeah, hopefully Sainz will get another chance to be on the podium, but he might not.

    United we stand here....

  16. #105
    Donít think Hamilton was at fault saw a gap that suddenly disappeared.

  17. #106
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    16,037
    Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Donít think Hamilton was at fault saw a gap that suddenly disappeared.
    I disagree, Albon is on the racing line and Hamilton has come up the inside. Hamilton then couldnít make the corner and went straight on into Albon.

    United we stand here....

  18. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree, Albon is on the racing line and Hamilton has come up the inside. Hamilton then couldnít make the corner and went straight on into Albon.
    Yeah watching it again your right could work our well for Sainz
    Last edited by patch1875; 17-11-2019 at 07:35 PM.

  19. #108
    @hibs.net private member Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Dont know its too dark in here
    Age
    63
    Posts
    10,380
    5 second penalty for Hamilton.

    Means he's 7th.
    Space to let

  20. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    5 second penalty for Hamilton.

    Means he's 7th.
    Still some yellow flag investigations to be confirmed.

  21. #110
    Testimonial Due The_Exile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    East Lothian
    Posts
    2,525
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The two Ferraris collide and are out, Hamilton inexplicably has just pitted, Albon up to second. I put £10 each way at 80/1.
    Same, tenner each way, gutted for the lad, he done nothing wrong and shouldíve been on the podium.

  22. #111
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    16,037
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Exile View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Same, tenner each way, gutted for the lad, he done nothing wrong and shouldíve been on the podium.
    Itís especially gutting that it was basically meaningless in Hamiltonís season, but it wouldíve been massive for Albon.

    United we stand here....

  23. #112
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    16,037
    Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah watching it again your right could work our well for Sainz
    Itís a shame Sainz doesnít get to stand on the podium though. Surely the decision could be made quicker.

    United we stand here....

  24. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Itís a shame Sainz doesnít get to stand on the podium though. Surely the decision could be made quicker.
    Did seem to take an age but Iím sure they be delighted with it.

    Also great so see Gaslyís celebrations with the team must be like winning a WC for a midfield team!

  25. #114
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    16,037
    Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did seem to take an age but Iím sure they be delighted with it.

    Also great so see Gaslyís celebrations with the team must be like winning a WC for a midfield team!
    Gasly was brilliant you could see how much it meant to him.

    United we stand here....

  26. #115
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    10,673
    FIA taking a closer look at Ferrari engine parts I see.

    No surprise considering how their performance markedly improved out of no where then went immediately backwards after the recent rule Ďclarificationí.

    Might be nothing but it is all rather suspicious.

  27. #116
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    16,037
    Thatís the season over with a dominant performance from Hamilton. It was a weird old race with no DRS for the first 20 laps, but as usual there was an epic midfield battle that went right down to the last lap. The midfield battles this season have been the highlight of the year with a resurgent McLaren and Torro Rosso making every race exciting. The fact that Gasly, Kvyat and Sainz all got podiums this year bodes well for next season. McLaren look the most likely to step up and challenge the top teams next season, but I wouldnít rule out Renault being in the mix. I noticed that Torro Rosso are going to be called Alpha Tauri next season, bizarrely to promote Red Bulls clothing brand.

    United we stand here....

  28. #117
    F1- Drive To Survive S2 is on Netflix from tomorrow the first season was superb.

  29. #118
    Testimonial Due The_Exile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    East Lothian
    Posts
    2,525
    I love Guenther Steiner! He's hilarious and it would be a hell of a ride working for the Haas team with the wee Italian in charge.

    Quite looking forward to this year and should be competitive throughout the field considering most teams will likely have an eye on next year with the regulation changes. Looks like Mercedes will be the ones to beat again judging by how relatively straight forward they made testing look. Red Bull in second for me with Ferrari in third after having their engine pegged back a bit by the investigation.

    I'm a Williams fan so I'm hoping we can actually go racing this year with the midfield rather than languishing a couple of seconds off the pace but I think that's wishful thinking. Haas and Alfa Romeo will likely have dropped back a bit. The new Racing Point (i.e. pink Mercedes) looks quick.

  30. #119
    @hibs.net private member PeeJay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    5,413
    Just realized Netflix has a terrific series on "Formula 1 - Drive To Survive", really enjoying it and the ideal thing to watch just before the season gets underway, some great footage, interviews and an interesting look behind the scenes ... a new series (2) has just been added
    .... Die spinnen, die Briten ....

  31. #120
    @hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    in a house in Bathgate
    Posts
    36,542
    Australian grand prix on sunday called off

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)