hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 185

Thread: Formula 1

  1. #61
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    16,037
    Singapore this weekend and it looks a straight fight between Hamilton and Verstappen for the win. I fancy Hamilton to get the pole as heís an absolute master in qualifying. The problem Verstappen has is that Hamilton is also an absolute master on the Sunday. This race should be a nailed on victory for red bull, but the lack of a likely back up driver up the grid might hamper Max. As always Iím hoping for Verstappen to win, but Hamilton canít ever be discounted.

    United we stand here....


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #62
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    16,037
    Leclerc takes pole from Hamilton. Vettel and Verstappen on the second row. Ferrari found something in the last two weeks thatís going to make them ultra competitive for the rest of the season. Should be a cracking race tomorrow.

    United we stand here....

  4. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Leclerc takes pole from Hamilton. Vettel and Verstappen on the second row. Ferrari found something in the last two weeks thatís going to make them ultra competitive for the rest of the season. Should be a cracking race tomorrow.
    Looking forward to this!

  5. #64
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    16,037
    Well that was a massive anticlimax. Ferrari absolutely controlled the race from the front and the undercut from Vettel won him the race. A race that should be one of the best of the season ruined by tyre strategy.

    United we stand here....

  6. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well that was a massive anticlimax. Ferrari absolutely controlled the race from the front and the undercut from Vettel won him the race. A race that should be one of the best of the season ruined by tyre strategy.
    Wasnít great but the strategyís were intriguing enjoyed the Mercs cocking up, great to see the Ferrariís back and a superb drive from Vettel.

    The midfield battles are making this season.

  7. #66
    Pun Lovin' Criminal Northernhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    34
    Posts
    11,365
    Really pleased that Vettel got the race win. F1 is better the more drivers that can conceivably win a race and that was his best drive in months.

    Hopefully that gives him the confidence to challenge further. The idea of a Hamilton vs Leclerc vs Vettel title battle next year would be brilliant.


    Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

  8. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really pleased that Vettel got the race win. F1 is better the more drivers that can conceivably win a race and that was his best drive in months.

    Hopefully that gives him the confidence to challenge further. The idea of a Hamilton vs Leclerc vs Vettel title battle next year would be brilliant.
    Hopefully Red Bull can improve to get Verstappen in amongst that battle too.

  9. #68
    Pun Lovin' Criminal Northernhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    34
    Posts
    11,365
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudSquall View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hopefully Red Bull can improve to get Verstappen in amongst that battle too.
    I'd also love to see McLaren get to the position where they can challenge for podiums. I really rate Sainz and Norris.


    Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

  10. #69
    Pun Lovin' Criminal Northernhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    34
    Posts
    11,365
    I actually donít hold anything against Vettel for that and I realise most will disagree with me. Ferrari have a history of needless team orders for for Seb to go ďno, Iím racingĒ may not be popular but itís F1, not figure skating.


    Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

  11. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I actually donít hold anything against Vettel for that and I realise most will disagree with me. Ferrari have a history of needless team orders for for Seb to go ďno, Iím racingĒ may not be popular but itís F1, not figure skating.
    I agree, after a few laps LeClerc was over 1.5 seconds behind and Vettel was much faster, if Vettel had slowed down for the switch both if them would've been under pressure from Hamilton.

  12. #71
    Was a great drive by Vettel, I imagine that him getting so far ahead so quickly wasnít expected.Leclerc seems to be the better qualifier but Seb seems to be quicker in the race.

    Probably only France this year has been a poor race itís a pity Ferrari couldnít have this pace earlier in the season.

  13. #72
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    16,037
    In my absence this thread had dropped down the board. Scandalous!
    This week we have the Mexican Grand Prix a circuit that most drivers hate due to the low downforce. Itís a great race to watch though especially when the cars drive through the baseball stadium part of the track. Max has won the last two runnings of this event and heíll be ultra competitive again, but Ferrari will almost certainly have the advantage in qualifying. Vettel has found his mojo again and I fancy him to take the win and maybe Albon making the podium.

    United we stand here....

  14. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In my absence this thread had dropped down the board. Scandalous!
    This week we have the Mexican Grand Prix a circuit that most drivers hate due to the low downforce. Itís a great race to watch though especially when the cars drive through the baseball stadium part of the track. Max has won the last two runnings of this event and heíll be ultra competitive again, but Ferrari will almost certainly have the advantage in qualifying. Vettel has found his mojo again and I fancy him to take the win and maybe Albon making the podium.
    Ferrariís look unstoppable, possible rain tomorrow which would make it interesting!

  15. #74
    @hibs.net private member Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Dont know its too dark in here
    Age
    63
    Posts
    10,380
    On the other hand Hamilton could win the drivers championship 🏆
    Space to let

  16. #75
    Pun Lovin' Criminal Northernhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    34
    Posts
    11,365
    Next season should be interesting with Ferrari looking more racey. I fancy Vettel for the title.

    Hoping changes at Williams sees them improve too.


    Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

  17. #76
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    16,037
    Maxico baby. Get in there Max, hopefully he goes on and wins for a third year in a row.

    United we stand here....

  18. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maxico baby. Get in there Max, hopefully he goes on and wins for a third year in a row.
    Love seeing Totoís face when Bottas cocks up!

    Still reckon Ferrari power will win Mercs are going to struggle so probably no WDC for Lewis.

  19. #78
    Max called to the Stewards.

  20. #79
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    16,037
    Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Max called to the Stewards.
    Max given a three place grid penalty.

    United we stand here....

  21. #80
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    16,037
    Decent race yesterday, but a bit disappointed not to see a proper fight for the win in the last 10 laps. The strategy choices from the teams looked to have set it up to be an epic finale , but the current cars struggle to follow closely behind the car in front without overheating. Max was unlucky again and did well to finish 6th on a set of tyres that lasted almost the whole race.
    Mexico put on one of the best races of the year, Iíd love to go there for a Grand Prix.

    United we stand here....

  22. #81
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    10,673
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Decent race yesterday, but a bit disappointed not to see a proper fight for the win in the last 10 laps. The strategy choices from the teams looked to have set it up to be an epic finale , but the current cars struggle to follow closely behind the car in front without overheating. Max was unlucky again and did well to finish 6th on a set of tyres that lasted almost the whole race.
    Mexico put on one of the best races of the year, Iíd love to go there for a Grand Prix.
    Yeah it certainly looks like the crowd enjoy themselves thatís for sure!

    Loved Lewis being lifted to the podium on top of his Merc, that was superb!

    Was a good race as well but as you say just didnít come to the boil in the way it looked it might. Thought Max was a bit like his younger self by being impatient...taking it a bit calmer and keeping himself in the hunt might have been better but to be fair he was pretty unlucky to get tagged by Bottas when he mugged him in the stadium section.

  23. #82
    2021 cars looking very cool!

  24. #83
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    16,037
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah it certainly looks like the crowd enjoy themselves thatís for sure!

    Loved Lewis being lifted to the podium on top of his Merc, that was superb!

    Was a good race as well but as you say just didnít come to the boil in the way it looked it might. Thought Max was a bit like his younger self by being impatient...taking it a bit calmer and keeping himself in the hunt might have been better but to be fair he was pretty unlucky to get tagged by Bottas when he mugged him in the stadium section.
    He was really unlucky to get a puncture, but he still fought back well.

    United we stand here....

  25. #84
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    16,037
    Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    2021 cars looking very cool!
    Iíve just had a wee look, they do look good. They look a bit shorter and narrower.

    United we stand here....

  26. #85
    Not the best race today but well done Lewis.

  27. #86
    Testimonial Due pontius pilate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Parkhead Edinburgh
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,206
    Good midfield battle today tho. Albion had a stormer of a race chuffed for McLaren as well hopefully they build for next season

  28. #87
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    10,673
    What happened to Ferrari!?

    That FIA memo about fuel seems to have rather suspiciously torpedoed their new found speed. Will be interesting to see how they run at Brazil.

    Anyway another superb race from Hamilton who almost sneaked a win from 5th to show yer again why heís fully deserving of an amazing 6th world title.

  29. #88
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    16,037
    You have to hand it to Hamilton heís the best driver of his generation and one of the all time greats.

    United we stand here....

  30. #89
    @hibs.net private member Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Dont know its too dark in here
    Age
    63
    Posts
    10,380
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What happened to Ferrari!?

    That FIA memo about fuel seems to have rather suspiciously torpedoed their new found speed. Will be interesting to see how they run at Brazil.

    Anyway another superb race from Hamilton who almost sneaked a win from 5th to show yer again why heís fully deserving of an amazing 6th world title.
    My Ferrari following friend and I were discussing Ferraris fuel last weekend on a lads weekend away. All weekend I said it was suspicious. All weekend he swore blind nothing to see here.

    Did Ferrari not have a suspicious upturn in form last season that was short lived? My friend denied that too lol.
    Last edited by Jack; 04-11-2019 at 01:50 PM.

  31. #90
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    16,037
    I’ve seen a lot of debate in the last few days about why Hamilton isn’t particularly popular with the British public. There’s been plenty opinions on why this is and I’m not sure what side of the fence I sit on. I don’t dislike him, but he’s never been my favourite driver. I absolutely think he’s the best driver on the grid and one of the best ever, but for some reason I’ve never really taken to him. I was supporting Rosberg the year he won the title and Max Verstappen is currently my favourite driver. I’ve been an F1 fan all my life so maybe people like me and others on this thread don’t look at the sport from a partisan point of view and it’s more about the cars and the teams. I really don’t know because when Paul di Resta was racing I always wanted him to do well.

    United we stand here....

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)