hibs.net Messageboard

Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula 1

Formula 1 is to make Covid-19 vaccines mandatory for all personnel this year.

The move will mean no-one will be able to work within the paddock - F1's inner sanctum where the teams operate - without being fully vaccinated.

The policy will apply to all personnel working within F1, including drivers, teams, media, hospitality workers and any guests who attend the races.

It is not expected to have an impact on any of the drivers' ability to compete as all are understood to be vaccinated.
    Space to let

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Masi been removed from his role as race director.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    New Ferrari is absolutely gorgeous.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    New Ferrari is absolutely gorgeous.
    They all look pretty nice. I’m liking the Aston and the Alpha Tauri.

If that’s what the front wing end plates look like in race trim they won’t last long!

The cars look very different.

I'm not sure about your comment Northernhibee. The driver is going to look as though he's sitting in a very, very expensive hot tub 😆 Time will tell if its a fast hot tub 😉
    Space to let

Love the look of the Ferrari too, very old skool in their 75th anniversary year. They have gone in a compeltely different direction with the new regs than the other teams though by the looks of it, so in a couple of months time they will either be absolute geniuses or utter mugs. Fair play to them, they've really just gone for it more radically than the rest.

I've liked the look of most of the cars this year so far. Haas is basically a driving russian flag and the Williams seems a bit plain but the others all look good.

I'm pleasantly surprised how different all the cars look, some really interesting differences between the sidepods and packaging particularly.

I think that the Williams and the Aston Martin look really nice.

It will be interesting to see if the new regulations do what we all hope they do and allow better racing and other teams to be closer to the top 2.

Ferrari seem to have taken a really different approach, so they could be geniuses, or we could see a whole lot of changes there again in 9 months time.

Looks like Haas has now dropped Mazapin from the team with a new replacement to be announced soon ... and no more Russian GP

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeJay View Post
    Looks like Haas has now dropped Mazapin from the team with a new replacement to be announced soon ... and no more Russian GP
    They must have secured a new sponsor then, his dad was pumping money into them in return for his son to drive.

United we stand here....

Fittipaldi is there back up driver bit wonder if they will be looking for someone with a mega bucks sponsor.

Magnussen back at Haas, Mazepin Father and son sanctioned.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    That new Merc unveiled today is something else!

IF it works they could have stolen a march on everyone. Some reports suggesting it gave them a near second improvement in their wind tunnel modelling.

Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    That new Merc unveiled today is something else!

IF it works they could have stolen a march on everyone. Some reports suggesting it gave them a near second improvement in their wind tunnel modelling.
    Horner not happy. Which is a big surprise.

Those cars are so low at the back, if they hit the kerbs or go onto the gravel they’re going have bits falling off.

United we stand here....

Rumours that the new Mercedes sidepods alone are worth the best part of a second a lap.

That’s your double diffuser moment right there if true.

If they've found a loophole then fair play, that is a total Brawn GP moment. Although I enjoy watching Verstappen's driving style, it would be absolutely hilarious if Hamilton and Russel were a dot in the distance to him this season

Quote Originally Posted by The_Exile View Post
    If they've found a loophole then fair play, that is a total Brawn GP moment. Although I enjoy watching Verstappen's driving style, it would be absolutely hilarious if Hamilton and Russel were a dot in the distance to him this season
    He'll still have a chance to take him off every race, it'll just be when he's being lapped

They didn’t look like they’d found any time this morning in Bahrain, Hamilton wasn’t very quick at all. In fairness most cars seemed to be taking it quite easy.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    They didn’t look like they’d found any time this morning in Bahrain, Hamilton wasn’t very quick at all. In fairness most cars seemed to be taking it quite easy.
    I have a feeling they’ll have been sandbagging and leaving the other teams guessing if it’s worth exploring that avenue.

I have a feeling they’ll have been sandbagging and leaving the other teams guessing if it’s worth exploring that avenue.
    I think lots of teams are doing that in testing, it won’t be until the last day we see what they’ve all got.

United we stand here....

I think lots of teams are doing that in testing, it won’t be until the last day we see what they’ve all got.
    Quite honestly I don’t expect it until Q2 of the first race. Even if they hold back half a second until they have to, with the cars being so different I think they’ll all keep something up their sleeve.

Once they persuade Lewis he doesn't need a built in CD rack, it'll go much faster.

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    Once they persuade Lewis he doesn't need a built in CD rack, it'll go much faster.

It looks like he’s trying to tune into radio Luxembourg

United we stand here....

Yeah, if it is worth a second a lap then there's no chance they'll show that now as it would give the other teams plenty of time to either copy it or, more likely, try to get it banned.

Looks pretty cool, and I love stuff like this, hate it when all the cars look the same. Love teams taking a risk.

Drive to Survive (Season 4) has just gone live on Netflix - thought the previous seasons were all very well produced ...

I can’t wait to see these cars hitting sausage kerbs at monza etc. going to be absolutely carnage with how low the cars sit, especially the Ferrari

Horner not happy. Which is a big surprise.
    Seems he has now changed his made - which is an even bigger surprise ...

After the qualifying simulation runs this afternoon it looks like it'll be a Red Bull v Ferrari shoot out for pole. Mercedes look absoultely woeful and I was surprised at how well the Haas and Alfas were going (Bottas in front of Hamilton was quite funny). Williams look like they could sadly be stone dead last again. However, I just cannot rule out Mercedes and would it surprise me if they were in with a shot of the front row tomorrow? Well, yes.....but no.......

After the qualifying simulation runs this afternoon it looks like it'll be a Red Bull v Ferrari shoot out for pole. Mercedes look absoultely woeful and I was surprised at how well the Haas and Alfas were going (Bottas in front of Hamilton was quite funny). Williams look like they could sadly be stone dead last again. However, I just cannot rule out Mercedes and would it surprise me if they were in with a shot of the front row tomorrow? Well, yes.....but no.......
    Very sad to see. If Masi and the FIA have blocked Hamilton’s last chance at record eighth title because they wanted to keep Netflix happy it’d be a ****ing travesty.

All looking very tasty for tomorrow