hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
Results 481 to 510 of 525

Thread: Formula 1

  1. #481
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    18,479
    Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shouldíve either let them go out and race properly or not at all, seems a bit of a con to go out under the safety car just to get the 2 minimum laps in then straight back in, it was obvious from the medical car going round it wasnít safe

    for the record, Iím not saying they should have went racing at all, it was far too dangerous
    I think that contractually it fulfills the minimum requirements. They wonít have to offer refunds to fans, sponsors and tv companies. I agree though that itís a bit of a con. George Russell didnít seem to mind though.

    United we stand here....


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #482
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    11,423
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think that contractually it fulfills the minimum requirements. They wonít have to offer refunds to fans, sponsors and tv companies. I agree though that itís a bit of a con. George Russell didnít seem to mind though.
    Classic F1 that nonsense of a Ďraceí today.

    It was obvious they couldnít go out so should either have called it a dead rubber or looked to have the race tomorrow. With the latter probably a rather significant technical challenge to pull off the right thing to do was probably just call it off.

    Getting points and podiums for that is just wrong but hey it didnít seem to bother Russell who at least got some reward for his cracking lap yesterday!

  4. #483
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    18,479
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Classic F1 that nonsense of a Ďraceí today.

    It was obvious they couldnít go out so should either have called it a dead rubber or looked to have the race tomorrow. With the latter probably a rather significant technical challenge to pull off the right thing to do was probably just call it off.

    Getting points and podiums for that is just wrong but hey it didnít seem to bother Russell who at least got some reward for his cracking lap yesterday!
    The race director claims he wasnít pressured into doing what he did, but Iím not having that. Doing what he did covered everyoneís back in terms of refunds and contracts. As you say it was classic F1, it reminded me of that race in America years ago that went ahead with only 4 cars due to problems with the tyres. It was a total stitch up, but thatís F1 I suppose, theyíll move onto the next race and all will be forgotten.

    United we stand here....

  5. #484
    I think Bottas' posting a fastest lap when told not to all but confirms that Russell is heading to Mercedes.

  6. #485
    @hibs.net private member McD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Livingston
    Age
    41
    Posts
    3,225
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudSquall View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Bottas' posting a fastest lap when told not to all but confirms that Russell is heading to Mercedes.

    it was mentioned quickly on one of the post race shows that heís rumoured to be off to Alfa Romeo next season, which would probably mean itís nailed on fro Russell to be at Mercedes

  7. #486
    Pun Lovin' Criminal Northernhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    35
    Posts
    14,055
    Bottas confirmed at Alfa Romeo.


    Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

  8. #487
    Triple H must be going radio rental in private about Vince, in the cases of Adam Cole and Daniel Bryan this situation was very avoidable.


    Edit: Leaving this schoolboy error here for the inevitable puns
    Last edited by CloudSquall; 06-09-2021 at 02:59 PM.

  9. #488
    Pun Lovin' Criminal Northernhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    35
    Posts
    14,055
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudSquall View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Triple H must be going radio rental in private about Vince, in the cases of Adam Cole and Daniel Bryan this situation was very avoidable.
    Couldnít even get him a drive at Haas.


    Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

  10. #489
    @hibs.net private member Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Dont know its too dark in here
    Age
    64
    Posts
    11,038
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudSquall View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Triple H must be going radio rental in private about Vince, in the cases of Adam Cole and Daniel Bryan this situation was very avoidable.
    I think this should have been in the thread next door!
    Space to let

  11. #490
    Pun Lovin' Criminal Northernhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    35
    Posts
    14,055
    Russell confirmed for Mercedes.


    Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

  12. #491
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    11,423
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Russell confirmed for Mercedes.
    Looking forward to the Russell v Lewis battle already!

    Great move for a driver that looks like heís destined for the very top.

  13. #492
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    18,479
    That was a certainty that Bottas was going to stick it on poll after being dropped. Heís going to start from the pit lane on Sunday, but I can see him doing well in the sprint race today and having a strong end to the season now the pressure is off.

    United we stand here....

  14. #493
    Looking at the third picture of the Hamilton/Verstappen crash and you can see why the halo was introduced, looked like it saved Hamilton from some serious bother to say the least,

    https://twitter.com/F1/status/1437051198931148802

  15. #494
    Will probably end up Hamiltonís fault for not leaving any room but not sure it was a move Max should have risked through the chicane.

    Great seeing the McLarens up front but Bottas on a charge.

  16. #495
    Pun Lovin' Criminal Northernhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    35
    Posts
    14,055
    Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Will probably end up Hamiltonís fault for not leaving any room but not sure it was a move Max should have risked through the chicane.

    Great seeing the McLarens up front but Bottas on a charge.
    It was the precise same thing that Max tried on Lewis on lap one. Heís a greeting faced little ********.

    Fantastic for McLaren and Danny Ric today.


    Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

  17. #496
    @hibs.net private member Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Dont know its too dark in here
    Age
    64
    Posts
    11,038
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It was the precise same thing that Max tried on Lewis on lap one. Heís a greeting faced little ********.

    Fantastic for McLaren and Danny Ric today.
    Nah!

    Max stuck to the racing line lap one.

    If the two drivers had raced the length of the main straight and Lewis cut across as he did there it would have at least been investigated, error. Turning into the first corner Max gave Lewis room or they would have collided sooner.

    Lewis is losing the plot.

  18. #497
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    18,479
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudSquall View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looking at the third picture of the Hamilton/Verstappen crash and you can see why the halo was introduced, looked like it saved Hamilton from some serious bother to say the least,

    https://twitter.com/F1/status/1437051198931148802
    Definitely saved him from being seriously injured.

    United we stand here....

  19. #498
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    18,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It was the precise same thing that Max tried on Lewis on lap one. Heís a greeting faced little ********.

    Fantastic for McLaren and Danny Ric today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nah!

    Max stuck to the racing line lap one.

    If the two drivers had raced the length of the main straight and Lewis cut across as he did there it would have at least been investigated, error. Turning into the first corner Max gave Lewis room or they would have collided sooner.

    Lewis is losing the plot.
    Racing incident for me. Two cars going wheel to wheel into a tight corner and inevitably collided.

    United we stand here....

  20. #499
    @hibs.net private member Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Dont know its too dark in here
    Age
    64
    Posts
    11,038
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Racing incident for me. Two cars going wheel to wheel into a tight corner and inevitably collided.
    Result about to be announced, I think. You're probably right.
    Space to let

  21. #500
    Max gets a 3 place grid penalty at next race.

    Bizarre decision

  22. #501
    Pun Lovin' Criminal Northernhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    35
    Posts
    14,055
    Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Max gets a 3 place grid penalty at next race.

    Bizarre decision
    When you read the stewards report itís pretty fair IMO.


    Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

  23. #502
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When you read the stewards report itís pretty fair IMO.
    The more I see it the more I get the decision.

    Max really should have backed off as Lewis was always going to leave little room in the corner.

  24. #503
    Pun Lovin' Criminal Northernhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    35
    Posts
    14,055
    Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The more I see it the more I get the decision.

    Max really should have backed off as Lewis was always going to leave little room in the corner.
    Plenty of drivers took the little escape road and conceded position, Max absolutely should have yielded.

    This may be controversial but I donít see him in the top tier of drivers on the grid, heís a very marketable and fast driver who has a team built around him but doesnít have the decision making or mental attributes to be on the level of a Hamilton, Leclerc etc.


    Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

  25. #504
    @hibs.net private member McD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Livingston
    Age
    41
    Posts
    3,225
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plenty of drivers took the little escape road and conceded position, Max absolutely should have yielded.

    This may be controversial but I donít see him in the top tier of drivers on the grid, heís a very marketable and fast driver who has a team built around him but doesnít have the decision making or mental attributes to be on the level of a Hamilton, Leclerc etc.

    theres a nasty arrogance coming from MV now, where he expects to treat other drivers with disdain on the track, yet also expects them to yield constantly

    on corner 4 the situations were reversed, he gave no space and Hamilton had to take the escape over the bumps and lost a position because of it. Then at turn 2 he suddenly expects Hamilton to give him space

    i used to have a lot of time for MV, and thought heíd grow out of the Uber aggressiveness that heís exhibited, but heís not.

  26. #505
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    18,479
    Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    theres a nasty arrogance coming from MV now, where he expects to treat other drivers with disdain on the track, yet also expects them to yield constantly

    on corner 4 the situations were reversed, he gave no space and Hamilton had to take the escape over the bumps and lost a position because of it. Then at turn 2 he suddenly expects Hamilton to give him space

    i used to have a lot of time for MV, and thought heíd grow out of the Uber aggressiveness that heís exhibited, but heís not.
    Every world champion has had that. Schumacher was the worst for it. Verstappen is arrogant, but he backs that up with race wins. Nice guys get nowhere in F1.

    United we stand here....

  27. #506
    @hibs.net private member McD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Livingston
    Age
    41
    Posts
    3,225
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Every world champion has had that. Schumacher was the worst for it. Verstappen is arrogant, but he backs that up with race wins. Nice guys get nowhere in F1.

    dont disagree, I think thereís one or two who go a bit too far - Schumacher being a prime example

  28. #507
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    18,479
    Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    dont disagree, I think thereís one or two who go a bit too far - Schumacher being a prime example
    Itís a very fine line and when thereís a championship to be won itís a line most will be prepared to cross. All the greats had that nasty streak at times, Itís what makes it so fascinating imo. I agree about Schumacher, he was outrageous at times.

    United we stand here....

  29. #508
    Red Bull are definitely in with a title shot this year but they donít seem to have the composure when under pressure.

    Itís no wonder Max is the way he is, his father and boss Horner are a couple of arrogant tossers

  30. #509
    Pun Lovin' Criminal Northernhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    35
    Posts
    14,055
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Every world champion has had that. Schumacher was the worst for it. Verstappen is arrogant, but he backs that up with race wins. Nice guys get nowhere in F1.
    World champions Jenson Button, Kimi Raikkonen and Damon Hill may disagree. All very fair racers and although theyíve bumped wheels with other drivers, not nearly to the same extent or possibly intent.

    Tbh, even Lewis is very fair most of the time when it comes to giving space and yielding when itís best to do so.

  31. #510
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    18,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    World champions Jenson Button, Kimi Raikkonen and Damon Hill may disagree. All very fair racers and although theyíve bumped wheels with other drivers, not nearly to the same extent or possibly intent.

    Tbh, even Lewis is very fair most of the time when it comes to giving space and yielding when itís best to do so.
    True but thatís probably the reason they only won one title. Hamilton has had plenty moments where heís crashed or refused to give up a corner, his battles with Vettel and especially Rosberg got nasty at times. Lately heís had the luxury of not really having a serious challenger so has been able to take a far more pragmatic view when things get a bit hairy. Hamilton has a challenger this season and you can see the formidable competitor that he is coming out again, he wonít back down to Verstappen and there will be more of these incidents between now and the end of the season.

    United we stand here....

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)