hibs.net Messageboard

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Formula 1

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’m not sure it is a let off; Perez showed how vital it is to have a number two driver who can mop up if your title challenger fails to score.
    I’m beginning to wonder how patient Merc will be with Bottas.

He seems to be having more and more off days and clearly knows his card is marked.

I get they probably don’t want to upset their team dynamic just as Red Bull are starting to seriously challenge but none the less it does seem increasingly odd that they have a better driver pottering about in a Williams while their number 2 grumps his way from one underwhelming performance to another.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Botta’s is just Lewis wingman he was hung out to dry in qualifying providing a tow, it’s a one car team this year with Max much more of a championship threat.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    Botta’s is just Lewis wingman he was hung out to dry in qualifying providing a tow, it’s a one car team this year with Max much more of a championship threat.
    It’s been a one man team in all but name for the whole time Bottas has been there.

As for the qualifying this time…well they take it turn about so it was just bad luck for Bottas it was on a track that the tow means so much.

But that’s a recurring theme..Bottas and his ‘bad luck’. The difference this season though is that Bottas is being posted missing far too often. Merc have built their success by normally having two cars in the mix…this helps box in Red Bull on strategy with their single Max car.

But if Perez is going to get up with Max to support him then Merc can’t afford for Bottas to be posted missing so often as he has recently.

That might change as the tracks come back to the Merc strengths but Bottas must be thinking his coat is on a shoogly peg if he doesn’t step up in the next 2 - 3 races.

Pun Lovin' Criminal Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    It’s been a one man team in all but name for the whole time Bottas has been there.

As for the qualifying this time…well they take it turn about so it was just bad luck for Bottas it was on a track that the tow means so much.

But that’s a recurring theme..Bottas and his ‘bad luck’. The difference this season though is that Bottas is being posted missing far too often. Merc have built their success by normally having two cars in the mix…this helps box in Red Bull on strategy with their single Max car.

But if Perez is going to get up with Max to support him then Merc can’t afford for Bottas to be posted missing so often as he has recently.

That might change as the tracks come back to the Merc strengths but Bottas must be thinking his coat is on a shoogly peg if he doesn’t step up in the next 2 - 3 races.
    I can’t imagine that Lewis will be happy about Bottas being slower than even the Alfa Romeos at a race when it looked like he’d need a favour to take points off Verstappen.

Max made a barbed comment last year about it not being any use if his team mate finished half a minute behind him.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

I'm disappointed about Bottas, I always thought of him as being fairly quick with Williams when they had that 1 or 2 year period of being half decent, but since he has been at Mercedes he's been sub standard at best.

I think in previous seasons he did what they needed, gained enough points to get 3rd in the constructors and get Mercedes over the line to win the double.

Now though that they have real competition from Verstappen and Red Bull that have two good drivers they need more from Bottas and I just can't see how he can provide that.

@hibs.net private member
    Max V Lewis again tomorrow.

Paul Ricard has produced zero entertainment previously but maybe might be worth a watch this time around with the Red Bulls n Mercs so closely matched.