hibs.net Messageboard

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula 1

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    22 more of them please
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member BenjiOscar's Avatar
    Now time for the MotoGP. This could be anyone’s race. Like to see Jack Miller do it.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    22 more of them please
    That was something else wasnt it?

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    That was something else wasnt it?
    It was brilliant! I'm no fan of Hamilton but he showed his class in those last few laps.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Made a bold prediction on a WhatsApp group before the race that there would be a safety car on lap 1 because of Mazepin crashing.

Going to make another bold prediction now - we won't see Mazepin in F1 again.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I’m bottom of the hibs league. Gasly losing his front wing was a disaster, he was my turbo driver.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I’m bottom of the hibs league. Gasly losing his front wing was a disaster, he was my turbo driver.
    When the results came in and I saw my points I thought that I'd done pretty well only to find I'm 2nd bottom...

Need Alonso to have better races.

The league is clearly unsafe to continue due to COVID so I think we stop it there.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Sergio sledge View Post
    When the results came in and I saw my points I thought that I'd done pretty well only to find I'm 2nd bottom...

Alonso was doing ok until he had to retire I thought.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    The league is clearly unsafe to continue due to COVID so I think we stop it there.
    😂 that will require a vote and maybe a court case.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar

3rd bottom here. If Kimi, Russell and Gasly can start picking up points that would be grand .
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

😂 that will require a vote and maybe a court case.
    I refuse to be demoted from my rightful position. I'll take it to Judge Rinder if I have to.

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar
    Is it too late to join the fantasy league?

Quote Originally Posted by bawheid View Post
    Is it too late to join the fantasy league?
    I’m not sure, try and see if it will let you. The link and code is further up the page.

United we stand here....

I refuse to be demoted from my rightful position. I'll take it to Judge Rinder if I have to.

United we stand here....

Imola this week, great track but a bit too narrow for modern F1 cars. Has anyone made any subs in the fantasy league?

United we stand here....

Hamilton on pole, Perez second and Max third. 0.08 separate the first 3. Game on for tomorrow.

United we stand here....

Hamilton on pole, Perez second and Max third. 0.08 separate the first 3. Game on for tomorrow.
    Different gravy from Lewis today. Not looked fastest all weekend and when push comes to a shove gets pole.

Different gravy from Lewis today. Not looked fastest all weekend and when push comes to a shove gets pole.
    It’s what he does. Max made a mistake on his last flying lap and Lewis didn’t, he very rarely does. I reckon we’re going to see the best of Hamilton this year. As much as I want to see Max win the title, I’m looking forward to the battle.

United we stand here....

Crazy scenes again😀

Good race. Think Russell will be in a bit of trouble with Mercedes - not worthy of a penalty from the stewards but think it was still more his fault than Valterri’s.

For Mazepin to finish over a minute behind his team mate in a half distance race essentially is embarrassing.

Supreme from Lando today too.

Formula E.

I don't like it, it's like sitting in the dentists chair listening to it, but in the absence of anything else I liked on the telly I've just watched the Valencia ePrix.

On a wet/dry track with a record number of safety cars (5) an exciting race was turned to farce as most ran out of electricity for the last lap!

Maybe not the showcase the electric car lobby were looking for.

Tune in again tomorrow, hopefully they will have an extra 50p for the meter.
    Space to let

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Formula E.

I don't like it, it's like sitting in the dentists chair listening to it, but in the absence of anything else I liked on the telly I've just watched the Valencia ePrix.

On a wet/dry track with a record number of safety cars (5) an exciting race was turned to farce as most ran out of electricity for the last lap!

Maybe not the showcase the electric car lobby were looking for.

Tune in again tomorrow, hopefully they will have an extra 50p for the meter.
    That’s hilarious. You’d think they’d have some kind of contingency in place for the cars running low on electricity.

United we stand here....

That’s hilarious. You’d think they’d have some kind of contingency in place for the cars running low on electricity.
    I don't mind formula e, the sound of it is a bit strange, but races tend to be exciting. Part of the strategy is driven by the need to keep energy consumption within a set limit each race.

Every time there is a safety car period the FIA reduce the amount of available charge to the drivers so that they have to manage their energy consumption through the race and can't just go flat out the whole time. It means the teams have to manage the set up if the car to try to maximise performance but also make it to the end of the race.

The race distance is 45mins + 1 lap, so the race distance isn't a set length.

The teams that ran out of energy are blaming the FIA for making a reduction so late in the race which meant they had no time to recover and the FIA are blaming the race leader at the time for going too fast under the safety car meaning that he crossed the line 15seconds before the 45mins, meaning the cars had to complete a lap more than the FIA had anticipated.

Given the cars all had enough charge to finish and they are just software limited, surely the FIA could have just not made the reduction in the last lap and let them race?

I don't mind formula e, the sound of it is a bit strange, but races tend to be exciting. Part of the strategy is driven by the need to keep energy consumption within a set limit each race.

Every time there is a safety car period the FIA reduce the amount of available charge to the drivers so that they have to manage their energy consumption through the race and can't just go flat out the whole time. It means the teams have to manage the set up if the car to try to maximise performance but also make it to the end of the race.

The race distance is 45mins + 1 lap, so the race distance isn't a set length.

The teams that ran out of energy are blaming the FIA for making a reduction so late in the race which meant they had no time to recover and the FIA are blaming the race leader at the time for going too fast under the safety car meaning that he crossed the line 15seconds before the 45mins, meaning the cars had to complete a lap more than the FIA had anticipated.

Given the cars all had enough charge to finish and they are just software limited, surely the FIA could have just not made the reduction in the last lap and let them race?
    I’ve never actually watched a full race yet, but it seems they need to iron out a few problems so that it doesn’t happen again.

United we stand here....

Turkey replaces Canada this July.

Wasn’t the best race but Lewis showing he’s top dog.

Mazepin probably worst ever F1 driver.
    Last edited by patch1875; 02-05-2021 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post

I don't think he's quite done enough yet to get himself proclaimed as the worst (or even top five worst) but he is sliding in the rankings. Inoui, Ide, Deletraz, Rosset - can think of quite a few 90s and 00s pay drivers that just now are worse.

Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post

At least he didn’t crash today. It’s quite annoying that he’s taking the seat of a potentially talented driver because he’s can afford to pay to drive. F1 should find a way to fund these teams better, the big teams should put their young drivers in the smaller teams and pay for it. I presume this is what’s happening with Russell and Schumacher, but there needs to be more of it. Guys like Mazepin and Latifi aren’t bringing anything to the sport other than money.

United we stand here....

At least he didn’t crash today. It’s quite annoying that he’s taking the seat of a potentially talented driver because he’s can afford to pay to drive. F1 should find a way to fund these teams better, the big teams should put their young drivers in the smaller teams and pay for it. I presume this is what’s happening with Russell and Schumacher, but there needs to be more of it. Guys like Mazepin and Latifi aren’t bringing anything to the sport other than money.
    Formula 1 has always had untalented pay drivers, in fact it allowed many teams like Minardi, Arrows, Footwork, Forti, Pacific and the like to operate. In fact, I miss teams like that because on the once in four season occasion that a team like Minardi won a world championship point it felt like they'd won the title.

It's just now that the grid is smaller and that there are a lot less privateer teams that it's more noticeable IMO.