hibs.net Messageboard

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast

Thread: Formula 1

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It’s just his style…I’m sure Red Bull will be more than happy to have him around for as long as they can.
    https://www.skysports.com/amp/f1/news/12433/12625148/max-verstappens-dad-jos-criticises-red-bull-for-throwing-away-points-favouring-sergio-perez-in-monaco-gp

His dad throwing his weight around because Sergio dared to try to win the race.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    https://www.skysports.com/amp/f1/news/12433/12625148/max-verstappens-dad-jos-criticises-red-bull-for-throwing-away-points-favouring-sergio-perez-in-monaco-gp

His dad throwing his weight around because Sergio dared to try to win the race.
    I thought he was a prick when he was a driver. He's done nothing since to change my mind.
    Space to let

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I thought he was a prick when he was a driver. He's done nothing since to change my mind.
    His private life makes him worse than a prick.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

https://twitter.com/TheBishF1/status...-su0rLVQ4mkI6g

This is pretty cool footage, what a difference in safety between then and now. They are literally driving along the edge of the water with no barriers or anything.
    Last edited by Sergio sledge; 07-06-2022 at 01:01 PM.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergio sledge View Post
    https://twitter.com/TheBishF1/status...-su0rLVQ4mkI6g

This is pretty cool footage, what a difference in safety between then and now. They are literally driving along the edge of the water with no barriers or anything.
    Astonishing really when you see it like that.

The size of the cars then compared to now is just ridiculous. You can see why it’s suggested F1 has outgrown the track!

@hibs.net private member
    Really disappointed that Ferrari’s reliability seems to have killed of what could have been a great season. Whilst individual races are still more interesting this year than they have been for a while (IMO), the title fight is looking as good as over. I don’t feel for a minute that Verstappen has been the best driver this year.

@hibs.net private member
    200mph motors, good luck to them if they are running on

NorthantsPolice
    *Please RT*

Thread....

We have received credible intelligence that a group of protestors are planning to disrupt the 2022 Formula 1 British Grand Prix and possibly invade the track on race day.

We want to appeal directly to this group of people

Quality qualifying today but gawd knows what the TV director was doing at the end…totally missed Hamilton and Perez finishing when they were still in with a shout. Instead we got random pics of the Ferrari garage and gawd knows what else.

Rain in F1 is always fun though!

The safety of these cars is incredible. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoDoidge View Post
    The safety of these cars is incredible. Wow.
    Footage on twitter from the stand at the other end of that gravel trap - that's a scary, scary crash for all involved.

@hibs.net private member Willis1875's Avatar
    Some race 👏🏻

Brilliant race…thought Lewis was gonna win at one point!

Brilliant race. Max back to his worst, even on the likes of Mick Schumacher.

Brilliant race. Max back to his worst, even on the likes of Mick Schumacher.
    Nothing in the Mick Schumacher incident it seems.

Good 7th place for the champ given the issues he faced today.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    the man who would take a bullet for Putin has been charged with fraud

Bernie Ecclestone to be charged over alleged fraud - BBC Sport

The CPS said the charge of fraud is "in respect of his failure to declare to HMRC the existence of assets held overseas believed to be worth in excess of £400m".

Vettel announces his retirement. Noticed that he said in the video that he's retiring "by the end of the season", not "at the end of the season". Not been picked up on but I could see him going earlier than the end of the year. Clearly not enjoying it and has other priorities.

A great character and the sport will be worse off without him.

Another disappointing Ferrari performance

They are miles behind when it comes to strategy.

Alonso to Aston Martin.

Not much going on here now that Hamilton is off the boil 😉

So I give you, ladies and gentlemen ...

Max Verstappen. A worthy champion, for the second time, after a season that included performances that were just awesome and then some. Well done Max!

4 races to clinch the constructors championship and get second place for Checo for a Red Bull clean sweep.

And also a special mention for the F1 genius that is Adrian Newey.
    Space to let

Pity it was all a bit rubbish that no one knew what was going on.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    I wish ferrari gave them a bit more competition, but no doubt Max was a cut above the rest. He's a great driver. Red Bull could dominate this new era if ferrari and merc don't get their act together.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Business as usual for Red Bull, it looks like they are going o dominate the year. It's great to see Alonso on the podium again. In the right conditions I can see him getting a race win this season.

Thought it was a pretty mundane race all told, the most interesting part was watching to see if there were any more penalties that Ocon could manage to accrue

@hibs.net private member
    Another dull F1 season of one team dominating is already inevitable by the looks of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul1642 View Post
    Another dull F1 season of one team dominating is already inevitable by the looks of things.
    Yeah I love F1 but this season is looking poor. Didn’t even watch all of yesterdays race.

I think if you follow a single team and they're not doing well, particularly if they have in the past, then Red Bull disappearing into the distance will be a bit of a bummer.

I've been watching F1 since probably the 1960s. Teams come and go, some get found out for things you think are really bad so you hate them for a while but teams evolve, they ebb and flow.

Red Bull this season look to have a car that will go down in history as one of the best ever in F1 history and Adrian Newey can put it on his mantlepiece with all the other best F1 cars in history he's designed and been involved with.

There's interesting competition up and down the grid. Alonso and Aston Martin look to be getting in the mix as Merc and Ferrari chase down RB.

Don't invest too much in 1 team or 1 driver. Perm any 3 from 4 but remember any great advance from Ferrari or a win for them at Monza and they'll be cheating 😉
    Space to let

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I think if you follow a single team and they're not doing well, particularly if they have in the past, then Red Bull disappearing into the distance will be a bit of a bummer.

I've been watching F1 since probably the 1960s. Teams come and go, some get found out for things you think are really bad so you hate them for a while but teams evolve, they ebb and flow.

Red Bull this season look to have a car that will go down in history as one of the best ever in F1 history and Adrian Newey can put it on his mantlepiece with all the other best F1 cars in history he's designed and been involved with.

There's interesting competition up and down the grid. Alonso and Aston Martin look to be getting in the mix as Merc and Ferrari chase down RB.

Don't invest too much in 1 team or 1 driver. Perm any 3 from 4 but remember any great advance from Ferrari or a win for them at Monza and they'll be cheating 😉
    I don’t follow any particular driver or team but I’m just not interested in watching the qualifying or races when it’s fairly certain red bull will win, especially when one of their drivers is much better than the other so there’s general not even an interesting battle for the championship between the two.

I get what you’re saying about the rest of the field but it just doesn’t do it for me.

It’s like asking asking a neutral to get excited about the battle for 3rd in the SPl.

That's some fine!

Three-time Formula 1 world champion Nelson Piquet has been ordered to pay five million Brazilian Reals (£780,000) for making racist and homophobic comments about Lewis Hamilton.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/65074698
    Space to let

What an awful season so far. Red Bill dominant, very little racing and overtaking, and even a mile ahead of anyone else Max is throwing his toys out of the pram at every opportunity.

What an awful season so far. Red Bill dominant, very little racing and overtaking, and even a mile ahead of anyone else Max is throwing his toys out of the pram at every opportunity.
    Agreed pretty much zero interest in it just now. Can’t see anything changing much this season.