hibs.net Messageboard

Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula 1

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No,
    It is really though.

If you're not pushing the boundaries you're never going to get anywhere when milliseconds are the difference between winners and losers.

If you're not prepared to push the boundaries you shouldn't be there. A bit like when a player is in an offside position not interfering with play as someone famous once said!
    Last edited by Jack; 08-12-2021 at 05:47 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    It is really though.

If you're not pushing the boundaries you're never going to get anywhere when milliseconds are the difference between winners and losers.

If you're not prepared to push the boundaries you shouldn't be there. A bit like when a player is in an offside position not interfering with play as someone famous once said!
    There's pushing the boundaries and going way beyond them, Max has been guilty of that on more than one occasion. By not punishing the move in Brazil it basically makes overtaking round the outside impossible and he tried that on more than one occasion in Saudi Arabia alone. His move which caused the collision was reckless and immediately retaking the lead after conceding it was stupid, Lewis got a 25 second penalty for that in Belgium 08.

A previous poster was right, I hate what he's doing to the sport and I wonder if it'll take a bad injury to a driver for the FIA to act.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I don’t see it that way at all. We have one young up and coming driver against a complete legend, the young guy is always going to be that bit more desperate and do questionable things, just like Hamilton did when he was young. If Hamilton was defending a lead he wouldn’t think twice about using any tactics he could, the season’s with him and Rosberg fighting it out showed that. He shunted Alex Albon of the track twice last season in a desperate attempt to recover from mistakes.
    Come on, that's a complete false equivalence. Lewis apologised to Alex for his mistake and was penalised by the FIA.

Max chooses to drive someone off the track on multiple occasions, shows no remorse, doesn't receive a penalty and on the occasions that the FIA have to act, it's a penalty that does not affect the race result.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...8fBy1rDnh.html

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Worth pointing out that if Max had any common sense in his head and let Hamilton have Copse at Silverstone, he'd likely be as good as champion by now.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Come on, that's a complete false equivalence. Lewis apologised to Alex for his mistake and was penalised by the FIA.

Max chooses to drive someone off the track on multiple occasions, shows no remorse, doesn't receive a penalty and on the occasions that the FIA have to act, it's a penalty that does not affect the race result.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...8fBy1rDnh.html
    It’s not a false equivalence. Hamilton might have got a penalty for the incidents, but he still committed the acts during the race, the same way Verstappen has done. The punishment is irrelevant, the point is both will do whatever it takes.

United we stand here....

It’s not a false equivalence. Hamilton might have got a penalty for the incidents, but he still committed the acts during the race, the same way Verstappen has done. The punishment is irrelevant, the point is both will do whatever it takes.
    The intent was completely different though. On the three occasions mentioned Max doesn't appear to make any effort to make the apex or questionable if he tries to even make the corner, doesn't have enough steering lock and it means the other car can't stay on the road.

In both the Hamilton incidents Lewis and Albon tag but he's taken responsibility. I don't for a second believe that Lewis has gone to nerf Albon off the track.

The intent was completely different though. On the three occasions mentioned Max doesn't appear to make any effort to make the apex or questionable if he tries to even make the corner, doesn't have enough steering lock and it means the other car can't stay on the road.

In both the Hamilton incidents Lewis and Albon tag but he's taken responsibility. I don't for a second believe that Lewis has gone to nerf Albon off the track.
    I don’t think he has either, but he has on each occasion had no concerns for Albon. On one occasion Albon would almost certainly gone on to win the race, failing to do so has cost him his F1 seat. Intent is a questionable defence imo, did he intend to shunt Albon off the track? Probably not, did he care if his actions resulted in Albon being shunted off the track? I’d no, he did what he had to do. Verstappen running Hamilton off the track isn’t ending Hamilton’s race in the same way that Hamilton running Albon off did. The intent is always to win and always will be.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    I don’t think he has either, but he has on each occasion had no concerns for Albon. On one occasion Albon would almost certainly gone on to win the race, failing to do so has cost him his F1 seat. Intent is a questionable defence imo, did he intend to shunt Albon off the track? Probably not, did he care if his actions resulted in Albon being shunted off the track? I’d no, he did what he had to do. Verstappen running Hamilton off the track isn’t ending Hamilton’s race in the same way that Hamilton running Albon off did. The intent is always to win and always will be.
    Of course the intent is to win and in F1 the line is very thin between ‘do whatever it takes’ and being down right dangerous.

No way would Lewis have cut back across the corner like Max did when he first ran wide…it happened to a few others in the race and they all stayed off the track until after the corner so they could rejoin safely.

Max cut right back into the track and rejoined in a dangerous manner. He clearly didn’t care as any shunt would have had him Champion. Lewis was too smart for him though.

I get every driver pushes the boundaries but Max has way overstepped them this season and in the last race in particular. Two time penalties and having to give a place back all in one race says it all.

When does this race begin? I'm not a F1 expert but I might watch it.

@hibs.net private member Willis1875's Avatar
    Verstappen takes pole

@hibs.net private member Willis1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    When does this race begin? I'm not a F1 expert but I might watch it.
    1pm tomorrow

Great outcome for the start max on pole on the fastest tyre so should get a good start. Lewis on the Medium will be concerned about who’s around him first corner.

I wonder if they’ve turned up Verstappen’s engine to the moon.

@hibs.net private member
    Think it all comes down to how long verstappens tires last, he'll get a flying start but Hamilton will be faster at the end. How many stops they are planning will be interesting too

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Can’t believe that decision by the stewards.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    If it finishes like this, it’s going to kick off later.

Cannae believe that.

Controversy in the first lap. I thought the stewards would have told Hamilton to give the place back.

United we stand here....

Blog Entries
    I’m not really interestied in F1 but they’ve hyped it up so much that I’m going to watch it. Maybe a daft question but how do pit stops affect the race. For example if Hamilton, say, is in the lead but has to go in for a tyre change, does he have to simply make up for lost ground by racing from where he re-enters the race or do other drivers give way to him to allow him to take up the position he held before going in to the pit?

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Shocking decision.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    I’m not really interestied in F1 but they’ve hyped it up so much that I’m going to watch it. Maybe a daft question but how do pit stops affect the race. For example if Hamilton, say, is in the lead but has to go in for a tyre change, does he have to simply make up for lost ground by racing from where he re-enters the race or do other drivers give way to him to allow him to take up the position he held before going in to the pit?
    He has to race to try and regain his place, that’s why pit stops are all part of the tactics and chosen carefully unless otherwise necessary due to damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    He has to make it up, but all the other cars have to stop as well. All cars have to use at least 2 different compounds of tyres in the race.

United we stand here....

Brilliant from Perez

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar
    Mercedes’ blowing the strategy with the missed pit stop under vsc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Radium View Post
    Mercedes’ blowing the strategy with the missed pit stop under vsc?

I think Hamilton will still have too much pace, but it’s a risky strategy. If he had stopped and Max stayed out, Hamilton would’ve breezed back past him on fresher tyres. It’s game on now though.

United we stand here....

Hamilton’s to lose now

I think Hamilton will still have too much pace, but it’s a risky strategy. If he had stopped and Max stayed out, Hamilton would’ve breezed back past him on fresher tyres. It’s game on now though.
    Front left puncture in the next 7 laps…

Safety car. Will they get the race started again?

United we stand here....

Safety car. Will they get the race started again?
    Championship decided if it restarts or not

Either deserve it and the drama is fantastic

Come on Max

Yaaaaaas