hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula 1

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Singapore this weekend and it looks a straight fight between Hamilton and Verstappen for the win. I fancy Hamilton to get the pole as he’s an absolute master in qualifying. The problem Verstappen has is that Hamilton is also an absolute master on the Sunday. This race should be a nailed on victory for red bull, but the lack of a likely back up driver up the grid might hamper Max. As always I’m hoping for Verstappen to win, but Hamilton can’t ever be discounted.

United we stand here....

2. Log in to remove the advert

Leclerc takes pole from Hamilton. Vettel and Verstappen on the second row. Ferrari found something in the last two weeks that’s going to make them ultra competitive for the rest of the season. Should be a cracking race tomorrow.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Leclerc takes pole from Hamilton. Vettel and Verstappen on the second row. Ferrari found something in the last two weeks that’s going to make them ultra competitive for the rest of the season. Should be a cracking race tomorrow.
    Looking forward to this!

Well that was a massive anticlimax. Ferrari absolutely controlled the race from the front and the undercut from Vettel won him the race. A race that should be one of the best of the season ruined by tyre strategy.

United we stand here....

Well that was a massive anticlimax. Ferrari absolutely controlled the race from the front and the undercut from Vettel won him the race. A race that should be one of the best of the season ruined by tyre strategy.
    Wasn’t great but the strategy’s were intriguing enjoyed the Mercs cocking up, great to see the Ferrari’s back and a superb drive from Vettel.

The midfield battles are making this season.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Really pleased that Vettel got the race win. F1 is better the more drivers that can conceivably win a race and that was his best drive in months.

Hopefully that gives him the confidence to challenge further. The idea of a Hamilton vs Leclerc vs Vettel title battle next year would be brilliant.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Really pleased that Vettel got the race win. F1 is better the more drivers that can conceivably win a race and that was his best drive in months.

Hopefully that gives him the confidence to challenge further. The idea of a Hamilton vs Leclerc vs Vettel title battle next year would be brilliant.
    Hopefully Red Bull can improve to get Verstappen in amongst that battle too.

Quote Originally Posted by CloudSquall View Post
    Hopefully Red Bull can improve to get Verstappen in amongst that battle too.
    I'd also love to see McLaren get to the position where they can challenge for podiums. I really rate Sainz and Norris.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

I actually don’t hold anything against Vettel for that and I realise most will disagree with me. Ferrari have a history of needless team orders for for Seb to go “no, I’m racing” may not be popular but it’s F1, not figure skating.

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    I actually don’t hold anything against Vettel for that and I realise most will disagree with me. Ferrari have a history of needless team orders for for Seb to go “no, I’m racing” may not be popular but it’s F1, not figure skating.
    I agree, after a few laps LeClerc was over 1.5 seconds behind and Vettel was much faster, if Vettel had slowed down for the switch both if them would've been under pressure from Hamilton.

Was a great drive by Vettel, I imagine that him getting so far ahead so quickly wasn’t expected.Leclerc seems to be the better qualifier but Seb seems to be quicker in the race.

Probably only France this year has been a poor race it’s a pity Ferrari couldn’t have this pace earlier in the season.

In my absence this thread had dropped down the board. Scandalous!
    This week we have the Mexican Grand Prix a circuit that most drivers hate due to the low downforce. It’s a great race to watch though especially when the cars drive through the baseball stadium part of the track. Max has won the last two runnings of this event and he’ll be ultra competitive again, but Ferrari will almost certainly have the advantage in qualifying. Vettel has found his mojo again and I fancy him to take the win and maybe Albon making the podium.

United we stand here....

In my absence this thread had dropped down the board. Scandalous!
    This week we have the Mexican Grand Prix a circuit that most drivers hate due to the low downforce. It’s a great race to watch though especially when the cars drive through the baseball stadium part of the track. Max has won the last two runnings of this event and he’ll be ultra competitive again, but Ferrari will almost certainly have the advantage in qualifying. Vettel has found his mojo again and I fancy him to take the win and maybe Albon making the podium.
    Ferrari’s look unstoppable, possible rain tomorrow which would make it interesting!

On the other hand Hamilton could win the drivers championship 🏆
    Space to let

Next season should be interesting with Ferrari looking more racey. I fancy Vettel for the title.

Hoping changes at Williams sees them improve too.

Maxico baby. Get in there Max, hopefully he goes on and wins for a third year in a row.

United we stand here....

Maxico baby. Get in there Max, hopefully he goes on and wins for a third year in a row.
    Love seeing Toto’s face when Bottas cocks up!

Still reckon Ferrari power will win Mercs are going to struggle so probably no WDC for Lewis.

Max called to the Stewards.

Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    Max called to the Stewards.
    Max given a three place grid penalty.

United we stand here....

Decent race yesterday, but a bit disappointed not to see a proper fight for the win in the last 10 laps. The strategy choices from the teams looked to have set it up to be an epic finale , but the current cars struggle to follow closely behind the car in front without overheating. Max was unlucky again and did well to finish 6th on a set of tyres that lasted almost the whole race.
    Mexico put on one of the best races of the year, I’d love to go there for a Grand Prix.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Decent race yesterday, but a bit disappointed not to see a proper fight for the win in the last 10 laps. The strategy choices from the teams looked to have set it up to be an epic finale , but the current cars struggle to follow closely behind the car in front without overheating. Max was unlucky again and did well to finish 6th on a set of tyres that lasted almost the whole race.
    Mexico put on one of the best races of the year, I’d love to go there for a Grand Prix.
    Yeah it certainly looks like the crowd enjoy themselves that’s for sure!

Loved Lewis being lifted to the podium on top of his Merc, that was superb!

Was a good race as well but as you say just didn’t come to the boil in the way it looked it might. Thought Max was a bit like his younger self by being impatient...taking it a bit calmer and keeping himself in the hunt might have been better but to be fair he was pretty unlucky to get tagged by Bottas when he mugged him in the stadium section.

2021 cars looking very cool!

Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    Yeah it certainly looks like the crowd enjoy themselves that’s for sure!

Loved Lewis being lifted to the podium on top of his Merc, that was superb!

Was a good race as well but as you say just didn’t come to the boil in the way it looked it might. Thought Max was a bit like his younger self by being impatient...taking it a bit calmer and keeping himself in the hunt might have been better but to be fair he was pretty unlucky to get tagged by Bottas when he mugged him in the stadium section.
    He was really unlucky to get a puncture, but he still fought back well.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    2021 cars looking very cool!
    I’ve just had a wee look, they do look good. They look a bit shorter and narrower.

United we stand here....

Not the best race today but well done Lewis.

Good midfield battle today tho. Albion had a stormer of a race chuffed for McLaren as well hopefully they build for next season

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    What happened to Ferrari!?

That FIA memo about fuel seems to have rather suspiciously torpedoed their new found speed. Will be interesting to see how they run at Brazil.

Anyway another superb race from Hamilton who almost sneaked a win from 5th to show yer again why he’s fully deserving of an amazing 6th world title.

You have to hand it to Hamilton he’s the best driver of his generation and one of the all time greats.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    What happened to Ferrari!?

That FIA memo about fuel seems to have rather suspiciously torpedoed their new found speed. Will be interesting to see how they run at Brazil.

Anyway another superb race from Hamilton who almost sneaked a win from 5th to show yer again why he’s fully deserving of an amazing 6th world title.
    My Ferrari following friend and I were discussing Ferraris fuel last weekend on a lads weekend away. All weekend I said it was suspicious. All weekend he swore blind nothing to see here.

Did Ferrari not have a suspicious upturn in form last season that was short lived? My friend denied that too lol.
    Last edited by Jack; 04-11-2019 at 01:50 PM.

I’ve seen a lot of debate in the last few days about why Hamilton isn’t particularly popular with the British public. There’s been plenty opinions on why this is and I’m not sure what side of the fence I sit on. I don’t dislike him, but he’s never been my favourite driver. I absolutely think he’s the best driver on the grid and one of the best ever, but for some reason I’ve never really taken to him. I was supporting Rosberg the year he won the title and Max Verstappen is currently my favourite driver. I’ve been an F1 fan all my life so maybe people like me and others on this thread don’t look at the sport from a partisan point of view and it’s more about the cars and the teams. I really don’t know because when Paul di Resta was racing I always wanted him to do well.

United we stand here....