hibs.net Messageboard

Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula 1

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stairway 2 7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What did they say turned to tdf after he won
    Max tweeted “ "Watching the celebrations while still in hospital is disrespectful and unsportsmanlike... but we move on."

Whingy Spice said “ "The biggest result for us today is Max is uninjured. I hope Lewis is very happy with himself. That is a hollow victory.”

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Max tweeted “ "Watching the celebrations while still in hospital is disrespectful and unsportsmanlike... but we move on."

Whingy Spice said “ "The biggest result for us today is Max is uninjured. I hope Lewis is very happy with himself. That is a hollow victory.”
    Ta. Poor from horner in particular

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Incident aside that was a brilliant drive from Lewis there.

That stint after his pit stop was just phenomenal!

Quote Originally Posted by Radium View Post
    It is a fundamentally dangerous sport.

The contact was avoidable and both drivers had a choice. This wasn’t a Schumacher or Senna wipeout, it was a kiss.

I like Verstappen but I would argue that he believes that the other driver will always back down. He pushes his machine to the limit and deserves to be leading the championship. As has been mentioned, with a 33 point lead he needs to play a smarter game.

I am sure that Hamilton lost the chance of a title by being too aggressive with Webber in his younger days. Winning championships is different to winning races.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    With you on that.

Lewis was not going to back down there and forced Max to make a choice…Max took the wrong choice by assuming g Lewis would back out of it.

Ramps up the championship up nicely when it was already getting spicy.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875

The contact was avoidable and both drivers had a choice. This wasn’t a Schumacher or Senna wipeout, it was a kiss.

I like Verstappen but I would argue that he believes that the other driver will always back down. He pushes his machine to the limit and deserves to be leading the championship. As has been mentioned, with a 33 point lead he needs to play a smarter game.

I am sure that Hamilton lost the chance of a title by being too aggressive with Webber in his younger days. Winning championships is different to winning races.

Yes F1 can be dangerous but that makes the drivers still responsibility for each other all more important.

Max was ahead and had the Racing line which gives him priority going into the corner (Lewis was never ahead) , max adjusted his line to give Lewis room, Lewis went into the corner far to fast, missed the apex and hit max at full speed.I'm sorry but there's only one person to blame here IMO.
    Last edited by Gatecrasher; 19-07-2021 at 05:53 AM.

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    Yes F1 can be dangerous but that makes the drivers still responsibility for each other all more important.

Max was ahead and had the Racing line which gives him priority going into the corner (Lewis was never ahead) , max adjusted his line to give Lewis room, Lewis went into the corner far to fast, missed the apex and hit max at full speed.I'm sorry but there's only one person to blame here IMO.
    Happy to have different views.

The FIA supplied a diagram to teams of when it is appropriate to attempt an overtaking manoeuvre when there is a “significant overlap” and the diagram has the car behind further back than from where Hamilton was.

Hamilton also loses ground from turning in to where the apex is, suggesting he got out of it for a bit. Had he fully committed with the extra momentum he had then he would have hit the apex at least alongside Max.

Every bit a racing incident for me.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Hamilton now getting the same abuse Saka and Rashford got after the Euros . Not just a football problem , black sportsmen in any sport are going to get this **** it seems . It was a dick move by Hamilton but nothing Schumacher , prost , senna etc wouldn't have done .

It will be argued long and hard for sure but Lewis does not hit Max.

It’s very clear that Max turns into Lewis. Sure you can argue it’s for Lewis to get out of the move to allow Max to turn in but the on board is very clear that Max goes to turn, sees Lewis and moves left before aggressively turning right again…the only problem for Max is that Lewis has not backed out and Max then steers right into Lewis.

I get Red Bulls argument that Lewis simply shouldn’t have been there but he was so Max could also have reacted to that and not turned in so aggressively (see Leclerc in same position at the end).

That of course would have let Lewis through and he simply wasn’t prepared to let Lewis do to him what he has done to many before.

Whatever way you see it though it added to an already feisty weekend and now results in even more bad blood between the two teams…which is exactly the stuff that makes for a classic season!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    I can't wait to see the reception he gets at zandvoort in a few weeks

Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    It will be argued long and hard for sure but Lewis does not hit Max.

It’s very clear that Max turns into Lewis. Sure you can argue it’s for Lewis to get out of the move to allow Max to turn in but the on board is very clear that Max goes to turn, sees Lewis and moves left before aggressively turning right again…the only problem for Max is that Lewis has not backed out and Max then steers right into Lewis.

I get Red Bulls argument that Lewis simply shouldn’t have been there but he was so Max could also have reacted to that and not turned in so aggressively (see Leclerc in same position at the end).

That of course would have let Lewis through and he simply wasn’t prepared to let Lewis do to him what he has done to many before.

Whatever way you see it though it added to an already feisty weekend and now results in even more bad blood between the two teams…which is exactly the stuff that makes for a classic season!
    Contrast and compare how much room Hamilton gave three corners prior when he was ahead and on the outside at the end of the straight. Their paths only came close to crossing near the exit of the corner and Hamilton backed out.

The roles were reversed almost perfectly into Copse and Verstappen turns in much more than Lewis did earlier in the lap and gave Lewis much less chance to back out.

The race stewards have given their decision. Hamilton was found guilty of causing the accident. Given they have access to more data than anyone here Hamilton was in the wrong. I'm not sure why anyone on here is so desperate to defend him.

Also interesting is that I've never heard either Hamilton or Toto being so hesitant, almost stuttering, when trying to explain their position. Both men are normally very assured when speaking to camera. They knew they were on dodgy ground.

I'm fairly certain there will be a few more similar incidents as the season continues.
    Space to let

Agree with this.

Both drivers had the chance to prevent the collision and neither backed off. The fact that other drivers, with no loyalties or axe to grind (Leclerc and Alonso) have come out and put it down as a racing incident is telling for me.

In a sense this is the sort of thing we want to see (clearly without any injuries), it is pure theatre and adds to the interest. When Webber and Vettel were battling it out and coming to blows it was great entertainment, same with Alonso and Hamilton when they were at Maclaren.

Apart from the racist abuse, F1 will be delighted with this weekend I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    The race stewards have given their decision. Hamilton was found guilty of causing the accident. Given they have access to more data than anyone here Hamilton was in the wrong. I'm not sure why anyone on here is so desperate to defend him.
    Mostly for the same reason I’m ranting on here after any Hibs game officiated by Willie Collumn 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post

Also interesting is that I've never heard either Hamilton or Toto being so hesitant, almost stuttering, when trying to explain their position. Both men are normally very assured when speaking to camera. They knew they were on dodgy ground.

I'm fairly certain there will be a few more similar incidents as the season continues.
    Not sure anyone is desperate!

Toto was quite clear. He was adamant the regs supported his position.

The stewards decision is theirs alone…doesn’t mean I or anyone else needs to agree with it. In fact many punters, commentators and drivers have done just that.

I thought their decision a couple of weeks ago to penalise Lando when Perez went off the track on the outside when trying to overtake was wrong as well…In my opinion they are over policing the racing and giving penalties for stuff that should be considering racing incidents.

Karun Handchok gives a good analysis here. Lewis Hamilton and Max Verstappen collide in big British GP flashpoint with Red Bull out of the race | F1 News (skysports.com).

To me the critical point is that there was a car's width between Verstappen and the edge of the track, but Hamilton was missing the apex. Verstappen took the racing line while allowing that car's width and Hamilton was unwise to carry that speed into that corner in those circumstances.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Caversham Green View Post
    Karun Handchok gives a good analysis here. Lewis Hamilton and Max Verstappen collide in big British GP flashpoint with Red Bull out of the race | F1 News (skysports.com).

To me the critical point is that there was a car's width between Verstappen and the edge of the track, but Hamilton was missing the apex. Verstappen took the racing line while allowing that car's width and Hamilton was unwise to carry that speed into that corner in those circumstances.
    That’s how I saw it as well. Hamilton should’ve backed out of it and Verstappen rightly assumed he would. The stewards obviously thought the same as they punished Hamilton for it. Red Bull are being slightly hypocritical though as there’s no way Max would’ve backed out of the manoeuvre if the roles were reversed, in fact he’s built a reputation on not giving an inch. In summary Hamilton was in the wrong and should’ve received a stronger punishment, but I’m not having Horners nonsense because he knows his driver would’ve done the same.

United we stand here....

Brilliant from Lewis today. He’s right in Verstappen’s head.

Not very street scary from Red Bull.

Not only a brilliant quali lap but managed to piss off Red Bull even more on the final outlap…takes real skills that

I love Max but Hamilton showed him who’s boss today. It’s not always just about doing driving as fast as you can, Hamilton slowing both Red Bulls down at the end was masterful.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I love Max but Hamilton showed him who’s boss today. It’s not always just about doing driving as fast as you can, Hamilton slowing both Red Bulls down at the end was masterful.
    Yep. Lewis knows he’s not the fan favourite in this and is using it to his advantage. Can see them going into Zandvoort with massive pressure on Max to perform.

That’s was hilarious watching Hamilton starting the race on his own. What a huge mistake from Mercedes.

United we stand here....

Bonkers race hopefully Russell gets his first points.

Overtaking doesn’t look very easy Ocon & Vettel have a good chance of winning this with a Williams slowing everyone down.

Sainz could win this now Latifi has pitted.

United we stand here....

Or Lewis he’s flying now.

Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    Or Lewis he’s flying now.
    He’s definitely got a chance.

United we stand here....

Looking like Hamilton is going to pit again.

United we stand here....

Tremendous from Alonso

Hamilton's walking talking "inspirational" Instagram quote persona quickly falls away when he's up against someone like Alonso.