hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 85
  1. #1
    @hibs.net private member bernz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Glasgow
    Age
    34
    Posts
    14,561

    Team for St Mirren game

    What do you think the starting 11 will be for the game tomorrow?

    Heck has rotated all through the pre-season an LC campaign, so its not too obvious what he's thinking.

    Assuming there are no unexpected signings or returns from injury I would go with...

    Rocky

    James
    Jackson
    Hanlon
    Mackie

    Horgan
    Mallan
    Vela
    Allan
    Newell

    Kamberi


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #2
    @hibs.net private member dangermouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Carrick Knowe
    Age
    60
    Posts
    4,332
    Quote Originally Posted by bernz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What do you think the starting 11 will be for the game tomorrow?

    Heck has rotated all through the pre-season an LC campaign, so its not too obvious what he's thinking.

    Assuming there are no unexpected signings or returns from injury I would go with...

    Rocky

    James
    Jackson
    Hanlon
    Mackie

    Horgan
    Mallan
    Vela
    Allan
    Newell

    Kamberi
    Going by the subs on Tuesday, replace Mackie with Whittaker
    55 57' 42.5'' N 3 9' 55.1'' W

  4. #3
    Rocky

    James
    Jackson
    Hanlon
    Mackie

    Mallan
    Allan
    Vela

    Kamberi
    Doidge
    Horgan

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by bernz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What do you think the starting 11 will be for the game tomorrow?

    Heck has rotated all through the pre-season an LC campaign, so its not too obvious what he's thinking.

    Assuming there are no unexpected signings or returns from injury I would go with...

    Rocky

    James
    Jackson
    Hanlon
    Mackie

    Horgan
    Mallan
    Vela
    Allan
    Newell

    Kamberi
    McGregor for Jackson 😉

  6. #5
    @hibs.net private member dangermouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Carrick Knowe
    Age
    60
    Posts
    4,332
    Quote Originally Posted by Cod Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    McGregor for Jackson 😉
    Doubt it, McGregor played over an hour on Tuesday
    55 57' 42.5'' N 3 9' 55.1'' W

  7. #6
    What id Like the team to be for the rest of the season

    Marciano

    James
    Jackson
    Porteous (hell probably be a sub tomorrow, would have Mcgregor/Hanlon in for tomorrow)
    Mackie (Stevenson when hes back)

    Vela
    Mallan

    Horgan
    Allan
    Newell

    Kamberi

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidDavidGray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What id Like the team to be for the rest of the season

    Marciano

    James
    Jackson
    Porteous (hell probably be a sub tomorrow, would have Mcgregor/Hanlon in for tomorrow)
    Mackie (Stevenson when hes back)

    Vela
    Mallan

    Horgan
    Allan
    Newell

    Kamberi
    Has Newell done enough to be first choice? First time i'd seen him on Tuesday and thought he was P15H.

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Has Newell done enough to be first choice? First time i'd seen him on Tuesday and thought he was P15H.
    Think Newell could keep his place tomorrow. We will have lions share of the ball and need likes of him and Allan to open up teams sitting in, he's a wee bit slow but has good feet. Over the piece he will start more at home than away.

  10. #9
    A few teams without Doidge - can't see Hecky not starting his biggest summer signing (money terms anyway).

  11. #10
    Coaching Staff Ronniekirk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Paisley
    Posts
    8,924
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGruber View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A few teams without Doidge - can't see Hecky not starting his biggest summer signing (money terms anyway).
    Kamberri is the proven score at this level though so unless he goes two up front Its Kamberri for me to start


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #11
    @hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The Woodpile
    Age
    28
    Posts
    6,108
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: fraserrmaltman
    I think we will see Maxwell in goals, his distribution is much better than Marciano's which is why I think he was brought in.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  13. #12
    @hibs.net private member GlesgaeHibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    33
    Posts
    6,817
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think we will see Maxwell in goals, his distribution is much better than Marciano's which is why I think he was brought in.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    I'd rather have Marciano for his shot stopping ability. Distribution is a nice to have in a goalie, whereas Marciano's reflexes are worth a few points per season.

  14. #13
    First Team Regular The young one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    livingston
    Posts
    944
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think we will see Maxwell in goals, his distribution is much better than Marciano's which is why I think he was brought in.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    For me Marciano everyday of the week. I also noticed in pre season rockys Kicking is so much more accurate and longer than previously clearly been worked on

  15. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think we will see Maxwell in goals, his distribution is much better than Marciano's which is why I think he was brought in.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    I hope you are wrong. Marciano every day of the week and twice on a Sunday for me

  16. #15
    Administrator Vault Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Norwich
    Age
    24
    Posts
    5,582
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hope you are wrong. Marciano every day of the week and twice on a Sunday for me
    No doubt his distribution is better, but I'm certain he was just brought in because Bogdan and Laidlaw left. Ofir starts without any reasonable doubt IMO.

  17. #16
    @hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The Woodpile
    Age
    28
    Posts
    6,108
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: fraserrmaltman
    In reply to above posts, I would also rather Rocky but not sure Hecky will see it that way.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  18. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kamberri is the proven score at this level though so unless he goes two up front Its Kamberri for me to start


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Yeah me too. But Hecky will be starting Doidge I think (St Mirren at home so may play both)

  19. #18
    If Marciano is benched I reckon well have a seriously unhappy player on our hands.

  20. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Marciano is benched I reckon well have a seriously unhappy player on our hands.
    And an unhappy fan base too...hes our best keeper no doubt about it...has to start as does Kamberi imo

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  21. #20
    Administrator Vault Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Norwich
    Age
    24
    Posts
    5,582
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In reply to above posts, I would also rather Rocky but not sure Hecky will see it that way.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    I have some faith that the number 1 position will be Rocky's to lose. He was brilliant for the entirety of Heckingbottom's spell last season, I don't think that went unnoticed.

  22. #21
    Marciano
    James
    Jackson
    Hanlon
    Mackie
    Horgan
    Vela
    Mallan
    Allan
    Newall
    Kamberi

  23. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Marciano
    James
    Jackson
    Hanlon
    Mackie
    Horgan
    Vela
    Mallan
    Allan
    Newall
    Kamberi
    That would be mine too but Whitty will play at left back

  24. #23
    Pun Lovin' Criminal Northernhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    34
    Posts
    11,264
    I would start with Maxwell today. We are going to have the lions share of possession and Maxwell is more likely to start a decent attack with his distribution than Ofir.

    In games that we are likely to face more shots against Ofir starts for me.


    Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

  25. #24
    Testimonial Due sauzee=legend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,518
    I would start Flo, just watching the work rate off the ball, closing down defenders etc - Flo does twice as much.

  26. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That would be mine too but Whitty will play at left back
    I thought about that but my only worry with whittaker would be someone with pace playing against him, if the st mirren wide players arent that quick(coaching staff will know better than me) then whittaker would be my choice

  27. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by The young one View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For me Marciano everyday of the week. I also noticed in pre season rockys Kicking is so much more accurate and longer than previously clearly been worked on
    He is kicking it further out of play this year! Rocky is and has been a great keeper for us but the games Maxwell has played it is very noticeable that we get attacks going quicker and have the ball more often purely because of his distribution. You can stop a goal with a great save like Rocky but it is safer to stop one by simply having possession. I don't think there is a problem having either keeper but I'm interested to see what Maxwell would be like in a game where we are under pressure and the keeper has to make big saves. If his warm ups are anything to go by he has great agility. As it is Rocky will likely start based on last season and take it from there.

  28. #27
    Solipsist Eyrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    PDSBRE
    Posts
    9,473
    If the most important part of a goalkeeper's duties is starting play then I'd put Maxwell in goal.

    Since it isn't, then I will always pick Marciano as the superior shot stopper.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

  29. #28
    @hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    exile
    Posts
    17,743
    Quote Originally Posted by bernz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What do you think the starting 11 will be for the game tomorrow?

    Heck has rotated all through the pre-season an LC campaign, so its not too obvious what he's thinking.

    Assuming there are no unexpected signings or returns from injury I would go with...

    Rocky

    James
    Jackson
    Hanlon
    Mackie

    Horgan
    Mallan
    Vela
    Allan
    Newell

    Kamberi

    This would be my team.

  30. #29
    Rocky every day of the week. Dont fancy Maxwell at crossed balls one bit!

  31. #30
    @hibs.net private member Scooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    5,387
    No competition IMO rocky every day of the week.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)