hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Where have the 900 gone?

Last years record season ticket sales were really remarkable but this year even though we’ve sold a huge number we’re almost 1000 down on last year. It would be interesting to hear from non renewers why they didn’t do it this year. Financial hardship and work commitments asides. I’ve nothing to do with Hibs BTW just curious.

2. Log in to remove the advert

brexit

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    brexit
    I knew it 😡

The really cheap tickets not being available in the famous five will account for some of the shortfall. As we know, people bought them for other reasons, with no real intention of using them from week to week.

Other than that, last season was the first one that didn’t really end with any real excitement or achievement for a few years so maybe just a lack of enthusiasm for some.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    The really cheap tickets not being available in the famous five will account for some of the shortfall. As we know, people bought them for other reasons, with no real intention of using them from week to week.

Other than that, last season was the first one that didn’t really end with any real excitement or achievement for a few years so maybe just a lack of enthusiasm for some.
    Did you renew though, I’d like to hear from folk that haven’t renewed and why? It’s a lot of folk.

Some of the post 2016 euphoria is wearing off.
    3rd season in the top league, normal service resumed.
    Last season was tough after the rip roaring final half season of the McGinn etc team.
    Normal service is not what some folks are attracted to.
    Who knows?

We used to have a hardcore of 8,000.
    It would be good to think we now have a hardcore of 10,500 who will buy season tickets every season.
    12,500 season tickets might be our new average for season ticket sales for the next few seasons with average crowds of 16,000.
    Not to be sniffed at.

Agree it’s a good number but would still like to hear reasons apart from work or finances why 900 people didn’t renew. We can all make usurpations of course 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    Did you renew though, I’d like to hear from folk that haven’t renewed and why? It’s a lot of folk.
    I did aye. I actually thought there was a chance of a bigger drop though.

The high average attendance (seats sold) last year wasn’t reflective of the number of people actually turning up week in, week out. There were a lot of empty seats.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    I did aye. I actually thought there was a chance of a bigger drop though.

The high average attendance (seats sold) last year wasn’t reflective of the number of people actually turning up week in, week out. There were a lot of empty seats.
    That’s my theory too but would still like non renewers to give their (very valid) reasons. 👍

Testimonial Due
    Agree it’s a good number but would still like to hear reasons apart from work or finances why 900 people didn’t renew. We can all make usurpations of course 👍
    Think these are the people who ho to old firm, Hearts, Aberdeen, semis and finals and any crucial game. They were enticed by us finishing fourth, Lennon at the helm and some attractive signings. They probably see not much improvement on 5th. 4th is a possibility and probably fighting with Hearts for that slit. No Lennon and while PH very professional not as big a box office draw and ploe if attraction as Lennon (I am not a Lennon fan by the way). Signings apart from Allan not as attractive as last season although I think Vela a good addition with some pedigree.

Last years record season ticket sales were really remarkable but this year even though we’ve sold a huge number we’re almost 1000 down on last year. It would be interesting to hear from non renewers why they didn’t do it this year. Financial hardship and work commitments asides. I’ve nothing to do with Hibs BTW just curious.
    I've moved to Australia for a year, hope that's a good enough excuse

Although I've watched more live games on Hibs TV over here than i would've went to if i was home!!

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by JackHibs View Post
    I've moved to Australia for a year, hope that's a good enough excuse

Although I've watched more live games on Hibs TV over here than i would've went to if i was home!!
    And isn’t it brilliant staying sober/staying awake for a middle of the night kick off?

Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    And isn’t it brilliant staying sober/staying awake for a middle of the night kick off?
    Canny beat it mate, especially if your up for work in the morning

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by JackHibs View Post
    Canny beat it mate, especially if your up for work in the morning
    Living in roughly the same time zone, I tend to get drunk early and fall asleep around 8:30 pm. Up just now for 3:45am for night games. 3pm ko is easier but have to pace the drinking.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Due to health reasons my old mate was unable to renew. So that’s one accounted for.

On the positive side my gf got a season ticket for the first time ever, well positive for hibs maybe not so for me

First Team Breakthrough huggie1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: huggieedin
    The payment plan problems with zebra then a few folk i know were knocked back from the new company

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smithy_hibees View Post
    On the positive side my gf got a season ticket for the first time ever, well positive for hibs maybe not so for me
    No escape.

We sold 13500 by Xmas did we not? That is final figure for season. What was the figure before season started?

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 Mickey Weir View Post
    We sold 13500 by Xmas did we not? That is final figure for season. What was the figure before season started?
    That was my understanding as well. No idea what we had at the season starting though.

Left by mutual consent!
    If i want to watch lower league English football I'll get a ticket there, less travel to easter road i suppose

Quote Originally Posted by JXM73 View Post
    If i want to watch lower league English football I'll get a ticket there, less travel to easter road i suppose
    Eh?

@hibs.net private member ACLeith's Avatar
    The one I know of is solely due to changed family circumstances. Now only able to attend occasionally and can't justify the cost. She will be back in the future along with 2 new Hibs Kids 😀

That 900 number does sound rather a lot.

On a positive though. I know at least 8 guys that have bought season tickets for this season that never had them last season

I'd expect quite a number of them to have decided against renewing due to our poorer form last season compared with the season before, no European place for this season and the overall lack of big name signings, Scott Allan apart.

Before anyone has a go at me, I'm not saying I agree with these reasons, I do have a season ticket, but that is what I think a lot of the reasons will be.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Eh?
    We didn’t sign Messi, Kane or Ronaldo, some people grinding their teeth because we signed players from lower leagues in England.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    That number of ST’s is worth about £300,000 if most were adult seasons, but probably a large chunk were kids tickets which doesn’t make the figure too alarming.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JXM73 View Post
    Please explain.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Some of them must have gone cold turkey, it’s a habit that I just can’t seem to beat.

In my opinion, last season's high numbers were down to how we ended the 2017/18 season - the key words being entertainment and expectation.

We were playing a style of football that many Hibs fans have not seen for a long long time. You went to matches expecting to be entertained. You expected us to win all the games against the lesser teams in the league and have a good chance of beating the better teams. There were goals galore in many games. We finished the season very close to getting 2nd in the league and the expectation was that it might be even better during the 2018/19 season.

As we know, much of the 2018/19 season was grim to watch. The fact that we've only dropped by 900 is a positive to me. Let's hope that the entertainment value returns and that our win ratio improves back to what it was at the end of the 2017/18 season.

The 900 will return to watch a winning Hibs team.