hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: McGinn

McGinn

https://mobile.twitter.com/ouravfc/status/1155142333760987136?s=21

Sorry. Can’t seem to get it to be clickable so you’ll need to copy and paste.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Some player.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    I still miss him so much. 😞 Love the guy, terrific player and person. Celtic🤣 not worth £3m🤣🤣 squad player🤣🤣🤣

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    He’ll tear up the Premiership this season.

Left by mutual consent! Turnbullsmate's Avatar
    We wuz robbed..............right royally shafted when you see bang average no name players down south going for sums in excess of £10 mill' . Sooner he is sold on the better for us.

He will make our club a fortune

A great guy who handled himself so well during all the transfer talk and decided not to take the easy option and go to Celtic. Superb goal against Sheffield Wednesday (?) last season and not at all surprised that he's turning out to be a top player down south. Wish him all the success. Top bloke.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Sometimes hard to remember that he was out player . One thing that really sticks out for my is that you can't replace that sort of talent. You can bring other players in, but setting out to look for a direct replacement is setting out to fail.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...ginn-1-4772587

This article warms my heart. 12 months ago, almost to the day. He's still a Hibs player. Celtic have come in for a 3rd time with a bid of 2million after having two earlier bids of 1.5million and 1.75million flatly rejected. Lawwell is trying to play hardball publicly, saying they know what he's worth etc. But then he goes to Villa with a nice sell on fee written into the contract, for less than we quoted Celtic we wanted for him (the best bit IMO), and fast forward a year he's one of the hottest properties in football, won Villa promotion, is the fans hero, scored some unbelievable goals and a 50 million Man Utd bid is rumoured.

We won.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...ginn-1-4772587

This article warms my heart. 12 months ago, almost to the day. He's still a Hibs player. Celtic have come in for a 3rd time with a bid of 2million after having two earlier bids of 1.5million and 1.75million flatly rejected. Lawwell is trying to play hardball publicly, saying they know what he's worth etc. But then he goes to Villa with a nice sell on fee written into the contract, for less than we quoted Celtic we wanted for him (the best bit IMO), and fast forward a year he's one of the hottest properties in football, won Villa promotion, is the fans hero, scored some unbelievable goals and a 50 million Man Utd bid is rumoured.

We won.
    There was some on here who felt we should have accepted Celtic’s offer as he as they were the only team bidding at that point and he was “only worth what someone was willing to offer” apparently.

Simply sensational goal - "Messi-esque". Villa have spent millions on two new midfielders but they will struggle to get McGinn's place!!

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnballsmate View Post
    We wuz robbed..............right royally shafted when you see bang average no name players down south going for sums in excess of £10 mill' . Sooner he is sold on the better for us.
    Its the market we operate in, he was hardly going to move to Man Utd for £20m from Hibs

I and most others I have spoken to are relaxed about it. We apparently have an excellent sell on clause and I see him moving to a very large club for big money.

Its a win all round really, including St Mirren who rightly get money for developing him.

Left by mutual consent! Turnbullsmate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Its the market we operate in, he was hardly going to move to Man Utd for £20m from Hibs

I and most others I have spoken to are relaxed about it. We apparently have an excellent sell on clause and I see him moving to a very large club for big money.

Its a win all round really, including St Mirren who rightly get money for developing him.
    Point taken but a 100 carat diamond is a 100 carat diamond no matter the market you operate in.

i do not claim to be ITK as regards the sell on clause but in assuming there is one in place then as i say the sooner the better for us if he is sold on. I don't actually see that happening anytime soon though tbh.

Point taken but a 100 carat diamond is a 100 carat diamond no matter the market you operate in.

i do not claim to be ITK as regards the sell on clause but in assuming there is one in place then as i say the sooner the better for us if he is sold on. I don't actually see that happening anytime soon though tbh.
    Football valuations are entirely subjective and dependent on performances, league, age, and any number of other factors.

If it were as simple as you say, then someone like Dobbie banging in 30 goals for QOTS would be back down south on a £50k a week contract.

I hope McGinn stays at Villa, plays fantastically well, then moves at the right time for him.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post

Heres my question regarding the money to St Mirren. I would have thought they are not included in any future transfer fees after his initial move from us to Villa. In our situation once he is sold from Villa to let’s say Man Utd for 50 million, I wouldn’t expect us to get any further money if he moved from Man Utd to say Real Madrid for 100 million. All a bit confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHibs View Post
    Heres my question regarding the money to St Mirren. I would have thought they are not included in any future transfer fees after his initial move from us to Villa. In our situation once he is sold from Villa to let’s say Man Utd for 50 million, I wouldn’t expect us to get any further money if he moved from Man Utd to say Real Madrid for 100 million. All a bit confusing.
    Why not?

Each transfer will be structured differently so impossible to say. St Mirren seemed to play this one quite cleverly so it wouldn’t surprise me.

Do you not remember that Hibs benefited substantially beyond the first transfer when Steven Fletcher moved on again? Because Rod was very canny.

Quote Originally Posted by wallpaperman View Post
    Why not?

Each transfer will be structured differently so impossible to say. St Mirren seemed to play this one quite cleverly so it wouldn’t surprise me.

Do you not remember that Hibs benefited substantially beyond the first transfer when Steven Fletcher moved on again? Because Rod was very canny.
    The bottom line is we’ll never know. We have no idea what we got when the were promoted or if there is any future fees attached. For some reason I don’t think St Mirren are due anything from us going forward.

Should be the year he really kicks on with Scotland too, far too many still too be convinced that he's worth the hype.

The bottom line is we’ll never know. We have no idea what we got when the were promoted or if there is any future fees attached. For some reason I don’t think St Mirren are due anything from us going forward.
    I would imagine that the first sell on is enforceable between the clubs but any subsequent sell ons may be a personal responsibility condition and might explain why so many apparent stick on transfers fail when the parties fail to agree "personal terms"

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    That is on the level of Messi.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

It depends what's negotiated if and when that happens. Essentially, any money which a club receives as a result of transferring a player should be shared with the previous club if that's the deal. It doesn't matter whether that money is received up front or later.

@hibs.net private member allmodcons's Avatar
    What a goal!!!!

Sums him up, determination to chase and hunt down the ball, honesty to stay on his feet when fouled and the skill and finesse to finish in style.

A superb footballer and an extremely grounded young man. Shame there's not more like him at the top level of the game.

Must be one of the most under rated footballers there’s ever been until a few months ago.

Hardly any interest in him when we signed him. Fairly mediocre set of clubs were interested when he was here but yet a year later he’s probably valued at no less than £30 million... and due to his popularity at Villa it’s unlikely they’d even think about selling for less than £50 million.

Plenty Hibs fans didn’t realise how good he was either IMO.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    Must be one of the most under rated footballers there’s ever been until a few months ago.

Hardly any interest in him when we signed him. Fairly mediocre set of clubs were interested when he was here but yet a year later he’s probably valued at no less than £30 million... and due to his popularity at Villa it’s unlikely they’d even think about selling for less than £50 million.

Plenty Hibs fans didn’t realise how good he was either IMO.
    Good points...the question is , who else is out there - underrated and ready to develop and shine ?? Must be a few....

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Good points...the question is , who else is out there - underrated and ready to develop and shine ?? Must be a few....
    Shaw is one of the finest young footballers in Europe

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Wouldn’t surprise me if Vela shines. Been at a basket case of a club for ages and is now in a good team with a manager who can nurture his talent.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    There was some on here who felt we should have accepted Celtic’s offer as he as they were the only team bidding at that point and he was “only worth what someone was willing to offer” apparently.
    I didn't want him to go to Celtic and would much rather have seen him go down south - which in hindsight I'm so glad he has done. There was a part of me though did think that it would have potentially been beneficial for us had we got Scott Allan as part of the deal to help soften the blow of losing him. Again, in hindsight, as much as I love Scott Allan, I'm so glad we didn't.

As he progresses he’ll be worth a lot to us and that’ll be gratefully received.
    But more than that, it’s excellent to see one of our good guys going on to bigger and better things and looking like he’s enjoying the journey as he goes. Can’t think of anyone who deserves it more.

First Team Breakthrough

Exactly worse than the Hatton Garden. What a player saw Marinello, Cormack, Edwards, Stanton but McGinn just marvelous.