hibs.net Messageboard

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
Results 451 to 472 of 472
  1. #451
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    14,842
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is maybe a difference between the headless chicken farm that is Twitter, and an established political party in government publishing official election material though, eh?
    Yes, but it will come under scrutiny from both.

    United we stand here....


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #452
    @hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ma bit
    Posts
    13,734
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have to admit my surprise.

    A thread about Jo Swinson. More than 400 posts. Yet radio silence on today’s story.

    Today she is a leading news story because Lord Pentland at the Court of Session ordered the Royal Mail to stop delivering a SNP leaflet in her constituency as it was false in substance, materially inaccurate and defamatory. Oh, and ordered the SNP to pay her legal costs.

    My favourite bit was the SNP’s QC saying the leaflet contained no ‘substantial mistruth’ or ‘substantial falseness’.

    So maybe just normal, everyday ‘mistruth’ and ‘falseness’. Just the common or garden variety.

    I suppose it begs the question about the threshold between ‘mistruth’, ‘falseness’ and ‘utter, downright lies’.
    What did the SNP leaflet say?
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

  4. #453
    @hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    12,987
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What did the SNP leaflet say?
    I have not seen it. I don’t live in her constituency! I think it was something to do with the claims of fracking donations that a few folk on here were pushing.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

  5. #454
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    9,868
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have not seen it. I don’t live in her constituency! I think it was something to do with the claims of fracking donations that a few folk on here were pushing.
    It claims she received a donation from a ‘fracking company’

    When it appears in fact the donation was not made to her personally, was not made by the company but a director of it in a personal capacity, the company is an energy company that actually produces 80% renewables and while having a fracking license does not actually have any active engagement in fracking...

    But apart from that no ‘substantial mistruth’ was the argument....

    And the best part from the hapless SNP employed QC was his bleating about how they would need to urgently appeal due to the fact that the case had prevented the SNP from distributing their election comms in the constituency. Clearly oblivious to the fact that if they simply removed the ‘false in substance, materially inaccurate and defamatory’ statements they could crack on any time they liked!

  6. #455
    @hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    12,987
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It claims she received a donation from a ‘fracking company’

    When it appears in fact the donation was not made to her personally, was not made by the company but a director of it in a personal capacity, the company is an energy company that actually produces 80% renewables and while having a fracking license does not actually have any active engagement in fracking...

    But apart from that no ‘substantial mistruth’ was the argument....

    And the best part from the hapless SNP employed QC was his bleating about how they would need to urgently appeal due to the fact that the case had prevented the SNP from distributing their election comms in the constituency. Clearly oblivious to the fact that if they simply removed the ‘false in substance, materially inaccurate and defamatory’ statements they could crack on any time they liked!
    Well, when you put it like that........
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

  7. #456
    @hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ma bit
    Posts
    13,734
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It claims she received a donation from a ‘fracking company’

    When it appears in fact the donation was not made to her personally, was not made by the company but a director of it in a personal capacity, the company is an energy company that actually produces 80% renewables and while having a fracking license does not actually have any active engagement in fracking...

    But apart from that no ‘substantial mistruth’ was the argument....

    And the best part from the hapless SNP employed QC was his bleating about how they would need to urgently appeal due to the fact that the case had prevented the SNP from distributing their election comms in the constituency. Clearly oblivious to the fact that if they simply removed the ‘false in substance, materially inaccurate and defamatory’ statements they could crack on any time they liked!
    Was it Donald Findlay for the SNP?
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

  8. #457
    @hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Leith
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,697
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If she is, then maybe we should consider whether defamatory and false propaganda plays a part in that?
    Her party is sending out election magazines that have the same name as the local paper in certain constituencies, they are just as bad as the rest

  9. #458
    @hibs.net private member Ozyhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    18,606
    Her constituency party took money from a guy who’s business wants to start fracking if he can get the SNP hold on it stopped.
    Word it like that and those leaflets go out.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #459
    @hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Spinning a Yarn
    Posts
    14,928
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    while having a fracking license does not actually have any active engagement in fracking...
    Can you name any company actively engaged in fracking right now?
    They tried to bury us, they didn't realise we were seeds.

  11. #460
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    9,868
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can you name any company actively engaged in fracking right now?
    From a UK perspective is that not the point?

    Holding exploration licences for certain areas but not actually doing any exploration or drilling is common across the energy industry. Having a license to do something does not mean you are doing it.

    Which in this instance clearly shows they are not a ‘fracking company’...they are an energy company that produces the vast majority of their energy from renewables. Which really makes them a renewable energy company. Not such a good headline that tho.

    Unless of course you are suggesting they are a fracking company?

  12. #461
    @hibs.net private member Ozyhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    18,606
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    From a UK perspective is that not the point?

    Holding exploration licences for certain areas but not actually doing any exploration or drilling is common across the energy industry. Having a license to do something does not mean you are doing it.

    Which in this instance clearly shows they are not a ‘fracking company’...they are an energy company that produces the vast majority of their energy from renewables. Which really makes them a renewable energy company. Not such a good headline that tho.

    Unless of course you are suggesting they are a fracking company?
    They are a company with a license for fracking in a country where fracking has been put on hold. They gave money to an opposition party leaders constituency. I think it’s pretty clear if given the chance they would commence fracking. It’s possible they saw Jo Swinson as the best chance of hurting the governing party in that area.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #462
    @hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Spinning a Yarn
    Posts
    14,928
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    From a UK perspective is that not the point?

    Holding exploration licences for certain areas but not actually doing any exploration or drilling is common across the energy industry. Having a license to do something does not mean you are doing it.

    Which in this instance clearly shows they are not a ‘fracking company’...they are an energy company that produces the vast majority of their energy from renewables. Which really makes them a renewable energy company. Not such a good headline that tho.

    Unless of course you are suggesting they are a fracking company?
    I asked you to name a company actively engaged in Fracking, you have failed to do so and gone off on a tangent. I'll answer it for you, none, zero, zilch because fracking has been effectively banned in Scotland and halted in England while the election is ongoing.

    FWIW I don't know the name of the company the person who donated to Jo Swinson's office so can't comment on their other activites.
    They tried to bury us, they didn't realise we were seeds.

  14. #463
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Holding exploration licences for certain areas but not actually doing any exploration or drilling is common across the energy industry. Having a license to do something does not mean you are doing it.
    It generally does mean that you intend to do it, or would like to do it, though, doesn't it?

  15. #464
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    9,868
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I asked you to name a company actively engaged in Fracking, you have failed to do so and gone off on a tangent. I'll answer it for you, none, zero, zilch because fracking has been effectively banned in Scotland and halted in England while the election is ongoing.

    FWIW I don't know the name of the company the person who donated to Jo Swinson's office so can't comment on their other activites.
    Well thanks for telling me what I already knew.

    The fact that there is zero fracking going on is the whole crux of the matter though is it not? The point was around the use of the term ‘fracking company’ when that company actually didn’t partake in any fracking.

    I’m not sure then what your point actually was barring confirming what was agreed yesterday, the leaflet was factually incorrect and rather misleading to the level that it was deemed defamatory.

  16. #465
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    9,868
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It generally does mean that you intend to do it, or would like to do it, though, doesn't it?
    No far from it. These licenses can be gained, lapsed, traded, used, farmed in, farmed out and anything in between.

  17. #466
    @hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Spinning a Yarn
    Posts
    14,928
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well thanks for telling me what I already knew.

    The fact that there is zero fracking going on is the whole crux of the matter though is it not? The point was around the use of the term ‘fracking company’ when that company actually didn’t partake in any fracking.

    I’m not sure then what your point actually was barring confirming what was agreed yesterday, the leaflet was factually incorrect and rather misleading to the level that it was deemed defamatory.
    Hibs.Net Fact Check:

    Warwick Energy was formed by former directors of a similar named company based in New York which expanded exponentially in a very short space of time before going into liquidation. the company was a fracking company.

    Warwick energy in the UK has been involved in fracking at several sites in England and holds licences and planning permissions for several more.

    The evidence is on their own website.

    http://www.warwickenergy.com/index.p...t-menu-item-29

    http://www.warwickenergy.com/index.p...t-menu-item-19

    http://www.warwickenergy.com/index.p...t-menu-item-17
    They tried to bury us, they didn't realise we were seeds.

  18. #467
    @hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Spinning a Yarn
    Posts
    14,928
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well thanks for telling me what I already knew.

    The fact that there is zero fracking going on is the whole crux of the matter though is it not? The point was around the use of the term ‘fracking company’ when that company actually didn’t partake in any fracking.

    I’m not sure then what your point actually was barring confirming what was agreed yesterday, the leaflet was factually incorrect and rather misleading to the level that it was deemed defamatory.
    The court case has raised the profile of the donations to national level, job done
    They tried to bury us, they didn't realise we were seeds.

  19. #468
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    9,868
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hibs.Net Fact Check:

    Warwick Energy was formed by former directors of a similar named company based in New York which expanded exponentially in a very short space of time before going into liquidation. the company was a fracking company.

    Warwick energy in the UK has been involved in fracking at several sites in England and holds licences and planning permissions for several more.

    The evidence is on their own website.

    http://www.warwickenergy.com/index.p...t-menu-item-29

    http://www.warwickenergy.com/index.p...t-menu-item-19

    http://www.warwickenergy.com/index.p...t-menu-item-17
    Yeah fair enough they had historically fracked some sites. Same could be said for many wells in the UK since the 70’s.

    ‘‘Tis a good point tho and maybe you should phone the losing QC yesterday as he might have done with your help ;-)

  20. #469
    @hibs.net private member Ozyhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    18,606
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The court case has raised the profile of the donations to national level, job done
    That’s all that matters here. Everyone now knows that Swinson took that money in return for promoting fracking if she got into a position of power. Just like everyone knew that Labour took Eccleston’s money in return for F1 getting to advertise smoking when everyone else was banned, or the SNP took Souter’s money in return for bus subsidies in the shape of the oap bus pass and the Tories take money from Russian oligarchs in return for turning a blind eye to Putin poisoning people in parks in Britain.
    Follow the money.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  21. #470
    First Team Breakthrough Curried's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Port Misery
    Age
    57
    Posts
    348


    Probably no surprise that the beak who decided the leaflet distribution case in her favour (Lord Pentland AKA Paul Cullen) was a former conservative candidate for East Renfrewshire

  22. #471
    @hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In hope
    Age
    55
    Posts
    10,229
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The court case has raised the profile of the donations to national level, job done
    All sorts of court cases have a tendency to raise the profile of serious issues to a national level...

  23. #472
    Another dodgy donor for Jo and the Lib Dems,

    https://twitter.com/JeanHatchet/stat...01925777346561

    Edit: Came out after a bit of a car crash interview on Women's Hour regarding the GRA Reform, 12min 50secs in here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000c2h0
    Last edited by CloudSquall; 06-12-2019 at 01:03 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved