hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rehabacrossthesea Wii Code: 4040
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Horde View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why Tuesday?
    It’s Keith’s birthday, he wants a good present.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    Does anyone seriously believe we would play a trialist (Jonny Smith), someone who played a stack of games for a promoted League 2 side last season, as a 'favour to a mate' - and then say we are done in the market

Not in a million years......we'll add a couple more at least.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    Think folk see what they want to in terms of what managers say this time of year. I remember Lennon saying something like we weren’t in talks with McLaren, low and behold he signed soon after.

It’s all horse trading, very rarely do managers tell the whole truth in regards to transfers.
    Exactly. Managers talk a lot of **** at this time of year. What they’re saying in public is often to either deflect from a deal they’re doing or trying to make a deal happen, it’s best ignored.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy Brown View Post
    It’s Keith’s birthday, he wants a good present.

How did you know that?

You've been spying on me...

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rehabacrossthesea Wii Code: 4040
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    How did you know that?

You've been spying on me...
    i’ve been playing keekaboo.

Think folk see what they want to in terms of what managers say this time of year. I remember Lennon saying something like we weren’t in talks with McLaren, low and behold he signed soon after.

It’s all horse trading, very rarely do managers tell the whole truth in regards to transfers.
    Very rarely are transfer dealings done in public. Especially by Hibs. The only transfer carried out in the public domain was the Ojo one and it went tits up.

Heckingbottom giving nothing away.

I very much doubt that the recruitment team have downed tools for the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    He's at it.

Griffiths is going to be announced on Tuesday
    You feeling alright 😂

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    You feeling alright 😂

Perfectly fine, thanks.

Hibs have just agreed a price...

...with Accrington Stanley to sign Duncan Griffiths as our new number 9.

😝

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Don't like being negative this early, but I can't see us finishing above 6th to be honest. I think this will be a bit like a Fenlon/Williamson season.
    Well that would amount to abject failure. Hecky has a clear line of sight to what's needed to win up here, supported with great ST numbers and a new owner. No excuses needed from Hecky.

Left by mutual consent!
    I sincerely hope that PH isn't finished with signings - surely he's going to at least try and get Omeonga back ?

If we were still in for Mcnulty and Omeonga last week, then it's stands to reason there's some money in the budget to play with. I would think this isn't a small amount either. Vela in might mean we're still 1 to go.

@hibs.net private member Arch Stanton's Avatar
    Heck saying he is happy with the squad as it is, is a bit like Boris saying he is happy with 'no deal Brexit'.

Except, being an *rshole, Boris probably is.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Im hoping and still believing we will be bringing at least one quality loan signing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Leith Dutch View Post
    This is very much where I'm at - the new owner hasn't really changed anything on the football side in terms of spending power.
    Not a gripe - I think he'd be mental to do so as chucking money at wages is a mugs game.

Numbers wise it's about right though - probably missing some but:
    (GK) Laidlaw, Bogdan
    (DF) Spector, Nelom
    (MF) Bartley, Milligan, Birgirmana
    (FW) Agyepong

(GK) Maxwell
    (DF) James, Jackson
    (MF) Vela
    (FW) Allan, Doidge, Newell

One down which is probably a midfielder if you look at the breakdown.

To change the pool we're fishing in requires something in the range of bumping our wage bracket up around 3-5k pw across the board in that you have to have the top earners pushing towards the 10k bracket and bringing the rest of the earners with them to avoid dressing room discontent and ensure you don't have a couple of stars surrounded by players not good enough to get on their wavelength.

That requires something like 3 - 5m onto turnover to sustain and that I suspect is what the new owner will be looking at.
    For me it's the only path to 3rd.

In case anyone leaps in I'm not saying we've spent the budget we have wisely player wise - jury will be out on that for a bit I suspect - but it's totally in line with numbers I'd expect in the squad and money I'd expect us to spend.
    I certainly agree with your last 3 paragraphs, but remember, some of the players you quoted from last season weren't paid by us, and it's possible Heckingbottom's been told this is the budget and you ain't getting anymore this season. Maybe that conversation happened before RG came in, who knows? Unlike a lot of people on this forum I see nothing at all wrong with paying higher wages if it means getting a better player. Some would say it's a gamble, but I would say it's just as much of a gamble as buying players from Forest Green, Yeovil, Bolton and Rotherham and giving them 2 and 3 year contracts and they all turn out to be *****. All about opinions I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    I think Kamberi will be off, Shaw on loan as will Rocky and (or) Slivka. That would give us space to manoeuvre in the market.
    Not going to happen

1. If Rocky was going then better than Maxwell would have been signed by now and big Kevin wouldn't be on loan

2. Slivka will stay and play once his injury is cleared up and he's up to speed.

3. Flo is going nowhere not this window. If he was McNulty would have been signed by now and we would still ve looking for a plus 1

4. Oli Shaw is not going on loan, especially not to accomodate yesterday's man' return.

5. Omeonga is outwith budget. Live with it.

6. Come the closure of the EPL window high profile loans will be available to plug any unforeseen gaps in the squad.

7. Dev team players will increasingly develop into 1st squad players

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    Not going to happen

1. If Rocky was going then better than Maxwell would have been signed by now and big Kevin wouldn't be on loan

Why would Maxwell swap the bench of Preston for here? Rocky wants to test himself at higher level and possibly get his old club some money back for him with their percentage fee.

2. Slivka will stay and play once his injury is cleared up and he's up to speed.

Possibly, I don’t think he’s rated that much.

3. Flo is going nowhere not this window. If he was McNulty would have been signed by now and we would still ve looking for a plus 1

Flo will go if there’s an acceptable offer that comes in for him, there’s plenty time for that to happen still.

4. Oli Shaw is not going on loan, especially not to accomodate yesterday's man' return.
    Not what I’ve heard 👍
    5. Omeonga is outwith budget. Live with it.

Who mentioned Omeonga?

6. Come the closure of the EPL window high profile loans will be available to plug any unforeseen gaps in the squad.

We’re now hoping for the best of EPL loans that might come up to fill the squad? They same loanees can go to EFL 1 or 2 also. We need players to enhance the first team, not stop gaps for positions short on.

7. Dev team players will increasingly develop into 1st squad players
    Hope so.
    👍
    Last edited by The 90+2; 21-07-2019 at 06:09 PM.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

Absolutely this it happens every year and should be no surprise to anyone. No way are we finished imo.

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    I like Flo but if he left for £2m and we brought in Cummings plus McNulty and Omeonga (even just on loans) I'd be very happy. I'd be happy with 2 out of 3 of them.
    If Flo left for two million someone has been taken for a ride

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Flo is going nowhere on what he produced last season. His initial period with us was excellent but I was hugely disappointed with him last season. He obviously had problems with NL and he picked up a little after Heckys appointment but he's got a point a prove for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    Flo is going nowhere on what he produced last season. His initial period with us was excellent but I was hugely disappointed with him last season. He obviously had problems with NL and he picked up a little after Heckys appointment but he's got a point a prove for me.

It's entirely possible that Flo has done what a number of players have over the ears, and had one very good spell with us that might never be repeated.

His report card for the total time spent playing for Hibs would include the word "mediocre", and I can't see many clubs being desperate to sign him just now.