hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To fans they are, to management and players for most teams these will be used as a chance to try ideas and get players up to speed.
    Hecky has been quoted saying they aren’t friendlies and aren’t being treated as such.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    The Whittaker derision is just weird, similar individuals that dished it out to Tortolano and Brian Hamilton.

Unhappy angry weirdos.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Fans are entitled to boo the team off after a shocking 45 mins like that...personally it's not for me but that just isn't acceptable...early season or not.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Fans are entitled to do that ever they want, but I think some need to remember they’re there to support the team.

Some of the comments so far this season have been ridiculous. We’ve had a huge overhaul this summer with 11 leaving and 7 coming in so far, there will be a period where we don’t know our best line up or tactics, hence why we’re trying our different teams and personel within it to see how they link up.

It seems like some hope the players or management fail.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Hecky has been quoted saying they aren’t friendlies and aren’t being treated as such.
    Hes not going to come out and say otherwise is he.

If he was taking them serious he wouldn’t have made Flo and Boyle so firneas last Friday instead, had Allan on the bench today and not even have Newell in the squad.

Hes rotating everyone so he knows his best team

Left by mutual consent! Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Fans will cheer, fans will boo and we'll have threads like this again next season and the season after and the season after and....

Left by mutual consent!
    Hes not going to come out and say otherwise is he.

If he was taking them serious he wouldn’t have made Flo and Boyle so firneas last Friday instead, had Allan on the bench today and not even have Newell in the squad.

Hes rotating everyone so he knows his best team
    Not really. His comments after Carslile was he hated friendlies and was delighted they had finished until the Newcastle game and it was down to serious business against Stirling. I agree experimentation will take place because of the calibre of sides we are playing as it may in any cup competition but it’s still as competitive as the first match of the league season, blow the group stage and we’re put a cup already. Stirling have went on to be pumped off Arbroath and Elgin also which doesn’t bode well.

Sitting in the east today was a shambles, people going nuts at every single little thing. I can’t remember this much anxiety in bloody July and tbh it’s not even justified. We were poor in the first half it was a tough watch but to boo the team off at half time in a glorified friendly is nuts! Don’t think it was booing of Whittaker more ironic “shoot” shouts which tbh just as bad your taking the kids out of your own player.

The booing at half time was also out of order.

I understand that these are technically competitive games, but let’s be serious they’re still friendlies and it’s very early on in the season.

Players are getting their fitness levels up
    Players are getting their sharpness up
    We’re experimenting with personel/tactics

Everyone needs to relax, how can folk expect players to play well and enjoy it when they’re getting boo’d in the second competitive cup game
    If you're going to be serious, calling League Cup games "friendlies" isn't the way to go about it.

We were playing (another) part time team today, a team that is also early into their season. After last week's shambles, are you really surprised that people booed after a very poor first half performance?

We deserved the win in the end but that first half was a real cause for concern and drawing 0-0 at home with Alloa is always going to cause frustration amongst some fans.

Not from where I was sitting...it was people shouting shoot...but that doesnt fit some peoples agenda. Let's criticise the 5400 who bothered to go today instead

That’s the second time I’ve had the agenda comment directed at me today. Nonsense.

And why would we criticise the 5,400 who went?

Quote Originally Posted by The young one View Post
    Sitting in the east today was a shambles, people going nuts at every single little thing. I can’t remember this much anxiety in bloody July and tbh it’s not even justified. We were poor in the first half it was a tough watch but to boo the team off at half time in a glorified friendly is nuts! Don’t think it was booing of Whittaker more ironic “shoot” shouts which tbh just as bad your taking the kids out of your own player.
    It’s no a glorified friendly. Comments like that are as nuts as people going nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Fife-Hibee View Post
    Fans will cheer, fans will boo and we'll have threads like this again next season and the season after and the season after and....
    So what are you alluding too ? 😁

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    It’s no a glorified friendly. Comments like that are as nuts as people going nuts.
    I’m sorry but it is a glorified friendly, the competition starts mid July in the middle of pre season for every club in the country, it’s poorly attended and every manager rotates their squads, the pace both teams play at is no greater than a friendly and the only difference is less subs.

I am fully aware it’s a competitive game due to it being in the cup but that’s where it starts and finishes, heckingbottom has said he’s glad we have competitive games but is also still rotating massively and stressing it’s important to give everyone minutes to be ready for St Mirren

I’m sorry but it is a glorified friendly, the competition starts mid July in the middle of pre season for every club in the country, it’s poorly attended and every manager rotates their squads, the pace both teams play at is no greater than a friendly and the only difference is less subs.

I am fully aware it’s a competitive game due to it being in the cup but that’s where it starts and finishes, heckingbottom has said he’s glad we have competitive games but is also still rotating massively and stressing it’s important to give everyone minutes to be ready for St Mirren
    I'm not sure I'll take much comfort from it being a glorified friendly if we end up going out in the group stages.

Glorified friendlies don’t give you the opportunity to win a major trophy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I'm not sure I'll take much comfort from it being a glorified friendly if we end up going out in the group stages.
    Just as well we won today then eh😂 honestly we’ll more than likely win the next two and win the group comfortably

Glorified friendly ? Naw it isnay, it is the league cup ffs.
    Just a wee reminder it is one of the two competitions we have any realistic hope of winning, (won't win the league anytime soon now will we).
    Last week v S/Albion we were poor, very poor. Today was only marginally better, just not acceptable.

Glorified friendlies don’t give you the opportunity to win a major trophy.
    Really? Thanks for the update re no trophies in friendlies. The games need to be taken seriously yes and it’s not like we’ve lost but people expecting any sort of scintillating performances are deluded, it’s mid july.

Only 2 of the 7/8 premiership teams in the comp have 100% records which speaks volumes

Really? Thanks for the update re no trophies in friendlies. The games need to be taken seriously yes and it’s not like we’ve lost but people expecting any sort of scintillating performances are deluded, it’s mid july.

Only 2 of the 7/8 premiership teams in the comp have 100% records which speaks volumes
    It’s not unreasonable to expect better against the standard of opposition we’ve faced. Hope you enjoy going to a glorified friendly at Hampden in a few months. Wait, it’ll no be a glorified friendly then - just when it suits you.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Albanian Hibs View Post
    The booing at half time as well. That always gets on my nerves. Just stay silent, who actually goes to a match and boos 🤣
    Me when the players and/or manager deserve it. I didn’t boo at half time today but have no problem with anyone who did. We were rank in the first half. Booing Whittaker, if it happened, was daft though. The whole team played much better second half.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Our main rivals for where Hibs want to be are Aberdeen and to a lesser extent Rangers, both those sides would have hammered Allow and Stirling Albion.

Today was absolutely brutal, we were *****.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Booing individuals is not on.

Drawing 0-0 at HT at home to Alloa deserves boo's imo. Singling out players is another matter.

Exactly mate I was there in East and it was 100% NOT Booing...most on here saying it was probably weren't there today

I was there in the East too, and there was definitely a group of people booing from somewhere in the southern half of the stand.

Makes no sense to boo Whittaker because he was definitely working his arse off for the team. Telling someone 'you're *****' doesn't make them less *****. Besides, although he put in two or three duff crosses and fluffed a one on one, he was otherwise decent (and even with that last mistake, he did a hell of a lot right to get into that position - it was frustrating to watch but **** happens.)
    Last edited by Aim Here; 20-07-2019 at 06:08 PM.

It’s not unreasonable to expect better against the standard of opposition we’ve faced. Hope you enjoy going to a glorified friendly at Hampden in a few months. Wait, it’ll no be a glorified friendly then - just when it suits you.
    The sole reason I’m saying glorified friendly is pace of the game and timing of it in the season. But to continue with your agenda, and fingers crossed it comes true if we’re in the final come November will the manager rotate and make 4/5/6 changes to get players fit for a league game? Doubt it.

I wanted us to win today and win comfortably and we did that
    Last edited by DTS; 20-07-2019 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Our main rivals for where Hibs want to be are Aberdeen and to a lesser extent Rangers, both those sides would have hammered Allow and Stirling Albion.

Today was absolutely brutal, we were *****.
    If it wasn’t for two excellent saves and a debatable offside call we would have won 4/5 today. Aberdeen May or may not have humped them today but this is the same Aberdeen who drew at home with stenhousemuir in the cup a few months ago. As for rangers they’re not really our main rivals right now they’ll cruise to second they have millions to spend, a fairer comparison would be hearts and killie, hearts have drew with a championship team and beat a league 2 team and killie just lost over two legs to a part time team

I don’t know if the lads thought they were being ironic by shouting ‘SHOOT!!’ every time Whitty touched the ball after he skied it from 6 yards. They were two rows behind us and we weren’t impressed by the piss take.

I’m certain they didn’t expect to be pulled up for booing but clearly a lot of fans misheard. Either way the ‘SHOOT!!’ shout was not appreciated

The sole reason I’m saying glorified friendly is pace of the game and timing of it in the season. But to continue with your agenda, and fingers crossed it comes true if we’re in the final come November will the manager roster and make 4/5/6 changes to get players fit for a league game? Doubt it.

I wanted us to win today and win comfortably and we did that
    Why does the word agenda keep cropping up on this place?

He’s not resting players left, right and centre. He brought in our number one goalie today. Darren McGregor who has been our best centre half since Heckingbottom arrived. Boyle, who everybody would pick in the team. And Kamberi.

We will make changes nearly every week in the league as well.

Why does the word agenda keep cropping up on this place?

He’s not resting players left, right and centre. He brought in our number one goalie today. Darren McGregor who has been our best centre half since Heckingbottom arrived. Boyle, who everybody would pick in the team. And Kamberi.

We will make changes nearly every week in the league as well.
    Perhaps agenda wasn’t the word but comparing a group stage game in July to a cup final surely you can see is a bit far fetched? Yes he brought them in today but they weren’t playing last week and I’m sure there will be 4/5/6 changes for Tuesday as well. We will make changes most week but 1/2 not wholesale like currently. Look at last season a settled team winning and he hardly changed it. 5/6 changes each game isn’t normal

Perhaps agenda wasn’t the word but comparing a group stage game in July to a cup final surely you can see is a bit far fetched? Yes he brought them in today but they weren’t playing last week and I’m sure there will be 4/5/6 changes for Tuesday as well. We will make changes most week but 1/2 not wholesale like currently. Look at last season a settled team winning and he hardly changed it. 5/6 changes each game isn’t normal
    He hardly changed it last year but that was largely down to our injury situation IMO.

I’m not comparing a cup final to today’s game. Just don’t agree today can be termed as glorified friendly when you need to take care of them to make the cup final a possibility.

Talking of Boo Boys where was the much vaunted Singing Section today. Not a peep from the self proclaimed creators of atmosphere. Were they in a huff again?