hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Statements like this are ridiculous. You would think it's bouncing off his feet and landing 30 yards away the way some go on about this mythical bad first touch.
    It happens too often to be mythical. 30 yards or 1 yard, if he loses control its all the same. Much better running on to a ball which is why we're all expecting better things from him with Scott Allan through balls.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Scott Allan was tremendous yesterday. First I'd seen of him since the 5-5 game and he's going to be a highlight of the season ahead. He just oozes class and his work rate and commitment yesterday was fantastic.

Also thought Murray was very good. Hopefully he completely ran off the knock he took in a 50/50.

Be interesting to see how much game time Murray gets once the squad is all back and settled but hopefully he gets a few chances this year.
    Mon the Hibs.

I think it is a confidence thing with Kamberi. Nobody thought he had a poor first touch in his loan spell or in the early part of last season IIRC. It seems like it coincided with his playing with an injury and Lennon's public criticism of him, along with the team's drop in form. That brought about a bit of a loss in confidence, a symptom of which is an occasional poor 1st touch.

Hopefully this season he gets his mojo back.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Statements like this are ridiculous. You would think it's bouncing off his feet and landing 30 yards away the way some go on about this mythical bad first touch.
    It does bounce off his feet, his control is terrible. Lennon started playing him as a target man last season and he couldn’t play that role, because his touch was so but. I actually thought he played a bit better yesterday, a couple of times the ball was played into him and he could lay it off and spin away, but the service to him was so bad that it was impossible for him to get into the game.

But when the ball is played into him for him to hold it up he loses the ball more often than not.

Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    I agree I don't think he's lacked for effort and attitude today. He has been frustratingly prone to taking the wrong decisions sometimes though - not that today was a prime example of that - although his detractors don't need much excuse to start haranguing. I have seen with my own eyes how devastatingly effective Flo can be - however he always did look like he had some raw edges to knock off his game and I think that's what is forgotten sometimes.
    Kamberi didn't have a good game for me yesterday. He didn't get into the right areas to threaten and there were a couple of times when he chose not to challenge for a loose ball.

I wasn't surprised to see him removed at half time, and want to see him play better in future because we know he can do it.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by EVENTUALLY View Post
    Kamberi's first touch is not good enough for a player playing centre forward. Darren McGregor occasionally displays a poor touch but invariably uses his strength or a second touch welly to eliminate being dispossessed. IMHO the rest of the first team regulars and of the new recruits that I have seen all have a better touch than the Swiss. Any centre forward is more often than not going to be closely challenged by a defender when attempting to control a pass or loose ball which will make the task more difficult, however Flo's consistent inability to take a ball and make an effective pass,run or shot is letting him and the team down. Doidge keeps it simple, takes a touch and looks to lay it off, he is better and easily braver in the air than Flo and is a willing runner. Flo is going to be under pressure to start games unless he improves his technique. I'd look to transfer Flo and try to bring back McNulty who would be ideally suited to playing alongside Doidge.
    I thought Kamberi looked a bit better than Doidge yesterday, but there was zero creativity for them yesterday, one of them was going to get hooked and it was a 50/50 between them. When we did get into decent positions the final ball was terrible. Horgan, Boyle and Whittaker either hit the first man or put the ball behind for a goal kick. I think Kamberi will be in for Doidge on Tuesday night. I can’t see us playing with 2 up front this season unless we go to a 3-5-2 formation which I don’t think Heckingbottom has ever used.

All in all it was another poor performance yesterday but for me Murray was the highlight. Always looked to get on the ball, he beat the first man with ease at times, linked well with the forward players and played a great ball for the all important first goal. He looks like he's bulked up a fair bit as well. Really looking forward to seeing more of him.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post
    All in all it was another poor performance yesterday but for me Murray was the highlight. Always looked to get on the ball, he beat the first man with ease at times, linked well with the forward players and played a great ball for the all important first goal. He looks like he's bulked up a fair bit as well. Really looking forward to seeing more of him.
    I agree with this Allen did well but Fraser was the difference. He always looks to do something positive and we looked dangerous down the right as soon as he came on. Hope he makes the breakthough this year

Quote Originally Posted by tillguy View Post
    I thought Kamberi looked a bit better than Doidge yesterday, but there was zero creativity for them yesterday, one of them was going to get hooked and it was a 50/50 between them. When we did get into decent positions the final ball was terrible. Horgan, Boyle and Whittaker either hit the first man or put the ball behind for a goal kick. I think Kamberi will be in for Doidge on Tuesday night. I can’t see us playing with 2 up front this season unless we go to a 3-5-2 formation which I don’t think Heckingbottom has ever used.
    Agreed, however with better delivery Doidge would be a much better option than Flo who is timid and weak in the air. What was a positive for me was that with two relatively big men up front we didn't just lump it up to them. There was a genuine effort to build play from wide areas and supply crosses.

Quote Originally Posted by tillguy View Post
    He does, probably the worst at the club.
    Is it worse than Ron's? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by EVENTUALLY View Post
    Agreed, however with better delivery Doidge would be a much better option than Flo who is timid and weak in the air. What was a positive for me was that with two relatively big men up front we didn't just lump it up to them. There was a genuine effort to build play from wide areas and supply crosses.
    If we played good football then Flo is a better option because he's definitely a better footballer. Having a forward just to win headers is wrong, especially considering he's missed 3 easy headed chances already in 2 games.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    If we played good football then Flo is a better option because he's definitely a better footballer. Having a forward just to win headers is wrong, especially considering he's missed 3 easy headed chances already in 2 games.
    We were playing ok when heckingbottom took us up the league yet kamberi still wasnt at the races(albeit out of position)I like kamberi but he needs to up his game big time

Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    We were playing ok when heckingbottom took us up the league yet kamberi still wasnt at the races(albeit out of position)I like kamberi but he needs to up his game big time
    He actually needs a chance to up his game, he got 45 minutes in a team with no midfield yesterday.

Kamberi had some good games early in Heckingbottoms days, Dundee, Hamilton, Motherwell and Rangers he was good.

He actually needs a chance to up his game, he got 45 minutes in a team with no midfield yesterday.

Kamberi had some good games early in Heckingbottoms days, Dundee, Hamilton, Motherwell and Rangers he was good.
    Yip he needs a chance but good players make opportunities for themselves and kamberi doesnt look like he is capable at the moment of doing that, or taking the game by the scruff of the neck and changing things, yesterday in the 1st half we were crying out for that and he didnt have that impact, hopefully he gets another chance on tuesday

I'd give Kamberi the start in a 4-3-3 against either Arbroath or Elgin, but he needs to make the most of the opportunity if he's to be competition for and not the back up to Doidge.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    Yip he needs a chance but good players make opportunities for themselves and kamberi doesnt look like he is capable at the moment of doing that, or taking the game by the scruff of the neck and changing things, yesterday in the 1st half we were crying out for that and he didnt have that impact, hopefully he gets another chance on tuesday
    No one made an impact first half, no one made an impact at Stirling. Why is Flo singled out?

The good players make opportunities isn't true because Scott Allan sat at Celtic never featuring at all. He needs chances and trust. Not hooked after 45.

No one made an impact first half, no one made an impact at Stirling. Why is Flo singled out?

The good players make opportunities isn't true because Scott Allan sat at Celtic never featuring at all. He needs chances and trust. Not hooked after 45.
    He is one of our better players so people have expectations, when he is playing well he is possibly the best player at the club, I meant during a game he needs to make his own opportunities, scott allan not getting a game for celtic is slightly different