hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Fraser murray and Scott Allan

Much improved when they came on. A lot more movement and finding positions difficult to mark. Well done both

2. Log in to remove the advert

Definitely changed it, just wish Flo had been left on to link up with them.

Left by mutual consent!
    I hope Scotty was just given the first half off because I’ve no idea why he didn’t start.

I really think Fraser Murray will do well this season

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    Murray did very well, Allan was the best player on the pitch by the proverbial mile.
    So glad he's back.
    GG

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    Both players were willing to take the ball and carry it, and we looked like a different team for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Malthibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Murray did very well, Allan was the best player on the pitch by the proverbial mile.
    So glad he's back.
    GG
    Both made a real difference it's worrying that we will have a huge dependence on Scott Allan ...in that if he is missing for any reason then we will struggle. I sincerely hope Josh Vela is a bit of quality as well because I am just not sure we have enough quality in the team .

I wouldn’t read too much into the starting line up.

Last week flo and Boyle sat out to do more fitness as they weren’t going to get enough minutes, this week it seems it was other players turn.

Seems he wanted to try a 442 which unfortunately doesn’t suit Scotty, could play him wide at a push but have good options there already with Horgan and Boyle.

451/433/4231 - whatever you want to call it will be out system this season. Boyle Allan and Horgan behind the striker and will drop back when opposition have the ball

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    To link up with them he would have had to make some runs and put a bit of effort in and he’s no very keen on that.

A striker had to be sacrificed to get them on the pitch in the right positions. Correct decision.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    They played well together, was impressed with murray when he came on, the ball through for the 1st goal was a bit of class

Actually thought Murray had more of an impact out of the two. Added some energy.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    To link up with them he would have had to make some runs and put a bit of effort in and he’s no very keen on that.

A striker had to be sacrificed to get them on the pitch in the right positions. Correct decision.
    Absolute rubbish, he was doing plenty work, much more than Doidge next to him.

Folk just have an agenda against Flo and won't let the cliches go. Definitely wasn't lacking effort today.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar

Folk just have an agenda against Flo and won't let the cliches go. Definitely wasn't lacking effort today.
    Thought flo was alright but in all honesty it could have been either of them that got taken off, think we need another forward on the books

Still early days but it's great to see Fraser having an impact, hopefully he keeps getting game time.

As for Allan, he showed glimpses of what we can expect this season. He's going to be so influential.

Hecky made the right call. The players he brought on changed the game and Doidge scored.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar

Kamberi was the better of the 2 strikers first half.

Hahaha. He got hooked at half time for a reason.

No agenda here. Silly response.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Kamberi was the better of the 2 strikers first half.
    Disagree. Much of a muchness for me, admittedly they didn’t have much to work with.

The one in front of the east stand right before half time, when Kamberi showed no interest in going in to challenge, probably made up Heckingbottom’s mind.

He was taken off cos he cannae link with anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    Which is why I believe we are happy to welcome good offers for him and replace with McNulty who can link up and more of a partner as a front two.

@hibs.net private member Arch Stanton's Avatar
    A midfield with two wide and one deep, it was left to Campbell to provide any service. Not Kamberi's fault IMO.

It seemed to me that Mallan and Allan we’re both trying to take the same space and got in each other’s way a lot. Should we have both in the team?

Quote Originally Posted by HibeesLittleHel View Post
    It seemed to me that Mallan and Allan we’re both trying to take the same space and got in each other’s way a lot. Should we have both in the team?
    Yes 100% as stevie mallan was the anchor and Scott Allan on the left of the three, when playing 4-3-3 your three CM’s will be very close together and interchange but mallan was very obviously the deepest other than when Scott Allan dropped to get the ball a few times

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    I hope Scotty was just given the first half off because I’ve no idea why he didn’t start.
    Assume it's about getting other players match fit

Kamberi is technically poor, if you dont have a decent first touch then you cant link effectively with anyone. Too often he needs two or more touches to control the ball and plays with his head down as opposed to head up to do that linking. I think he wants to play like someone who is more skilful than he actually is and struggles to do that. If you have a poor touch then adapt and use your body to protect the ball and link/ keep the ball that way.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by SANH 1875 View Post
    Kamberi is technically poor, if you dont have a decent first touch then you cant link effectively with anyone. Too often he needs two or more touches to control the ball and plays with his head down as opposed to head up to do that linking. I think he wants to play like someone who is more skilful than he actually is and struggles to do that. If you have a poor touch then adapt and use your body to protect the ball and link/ keep the ball that way.
    Kamberi doesn't have a poor first touch.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Horde View Post
    Kamberi doesn't have a poor first touch.
    Your right, its really poor

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by SANH 1875 View Post
    Your right, its really poor
    You're hilarious. Ever thought of doing stand up?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Horde View Post
    You're hilarious. Ever thought of doing stand up?
    so you think he has a decent first touch then?

Disagree. Much of a muchness for me, admittedly they didn’t have much to work with.

The one in front of the east stand right before half time, when Kamberi showed no interest in going in to challenge, probably made up Heckingbottom’s mind.
    That incident sums him up for me. Excellent opportunity as their keeper was out of position, and he couldn't be bothered to make the effort.

Stil to be convinced by him.