hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar

Trouble Getting In

Lots of folk being sent to ticket office a mixture of phones, print at home and paper tickets not scanning. All three types in front of us failed. Our paper tickets worked fine. (West Stand Soth End) Turnstiles 11/12
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 20-07-2019 at 01:41 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Turnstile scanner at 13/14 failed. Steward had to scan.

@hibs.net private member
    Great... I didn’t print as I wanted to give the benefit of the doubt!!! Both west stand turnstiles tho...?

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    What a shambles.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

4 turnstiles open for the whole of the east.

Anything to do with Hibs, tickets and service is an absolute joke.

The iPhone X is too big for the barcode to be recognised in the scanner! You’ve got to wonder if there was any testing done on different devices. Fortunately it’s not exactly busy. I can count 48 away fans.

Eventually just waved straight through with no ticket check.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Everytime hibs do something like this it ends in a complete farce. You think these things would be checked

Testimonial Due
    No stewards to advise at the east, means people walk past the queues only to find a dead end. 4 turnstiles open with the queues barely moving and fire exits opened up with stewards on the doors, those queues are much faster than a traditional turnstile...

It's a real bugbear of mine that we consistently make attending a football match in this country as difficult as we possibly can.

4 queues it took me to finally gain admittance today, and in that time I watched 3 other guys decide they had something better to do with their time.

Well done Hibs!

@hibs.net private member
    From KP

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    From KP

Who the **** makes these decisions?

Waiting for the excuse from Hibs regards what happened with the ticketing today ...as instead of making it easier it was the opposite ! Not a good start ...wonder how many players wages were spent on bringing this system in ? 😋

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    The East was a total shambles with 4 turnstiles open initially.
    A really good way to turn the atmosphere negative; wholly avoidable so it would be nice if the club could explain why earth it was done?

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Got in to West Lower without any fuss with phone (once I placed it in correct slot)

An absolute shambles as per when hibs change things with tickets, my phone didn’t work and was then advised by the steward to speak with the supervisor at the disabled entrance who refused to let her colleague manning that door just scan the tickets and let us in after having ignored us for five minutes. Her amazing advice was then, “well there’s no issues for anyone else, go to the back of the line and try a different turnstile” so we had queued for 5 mins and then had a 5/10 min wait with the supervisor and then had to join the back of the line again. Thankfully expected this and showed up at 2:15, got in just as the players finished warming up so about 2:45.

@hibs.net private member malcolm's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Did anyone get the new style fast ticket - with the QR code - to scan. I had the ticket in my apple wallet but it did nothing and I was told to join the ticket office queue .. luckily I checked the ticketmaster email with the links and it had a pdf copy of a ‘normal’ ticket attached the bar code in that scanned which saved me a wait in a long queue. Poor communication all round and little sign that any proper testing had been beforehand assuming that the new codes were supposed to work, or any briefing to stewards.

I really don’t want my season ticket card to be replaced in the future with a dodgy digital approach!

I got the QR code to scan through Apple Wallet but had no idea you had to turn your phone upwards to do it.

Not sure how bigger iPhones will manage though ??!

It was a shambles today with the Q at the East - Hibs need to have someone who can help with any issues outside - a basic steward / supervisor often is pretty useless.

Scanning the phone is pretty good but Hibs should maybe put some diagrams up to show folk how to do it properly.

Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post
    I got the QR code to scan through Apple Wallet but had no idea you had to turn your phone upwards to do it.

Not sure how bigger iPhones will manage though ??!

It was a shambles today with the Q at the East - Hibs need to have someone who can help with any issues outside - a basic steward / supervisor often is pretty useless.

Scanning the phone is pretty good but Hibs should maybe put some diagrams up to show folk how to do it properly.
    How do you mean upwards? I have an iPhone XS Max and tried scanning it with like the screen facing up was that wrong? Ended up at a turnstile where a girl just scanned it

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Who the **** makes these decisions?

Hopefully the fans rep can answer this.

I managed to get in with my mate no problem but the queues were absolutely horrendous! Some folk were getting told to make their way to the ticket office in order to collect paper tickets and potential to be stuck in two long queues.

Surely these new scanners would have been tried and tested to avoid a potential major problem like the one today. Hopefully they are sorted before Tuesday night.

I’d suggest operator error is causing most of the problems. I used a ticket in my apple wallet today with no problems although I do agree that some pictures showing what to do would help those less comfortable with modern technology

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Got in to West Lower without any fuss with phone (once I placed it in correct slot)
    Bet that steward still hasn't sat down.

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar
    Had my ticket in my apple wallet. It scanned first time on my state of art 5s in the East.

Opening the turnstiles late didn’t help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member malcolm's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by smack View Post
    I’d suggest operator error is causing most of the problems. I used a ticket in my apple wallet today with no problems although I do agree that some pictures showing what to do would help those less comfortable with modern technology
    Just as well I’m not sensitive i might think you were patronising. It ought not to be rocket science nor do I expect discomfort with new technology since scanning is how the turnstiles have worked for ages. You stick your phone into the reader slot I don’t think I need a picture for that.

I could scan a barcode in the same scanner using my phone that a few minutes earlier would not recognise the QR code on my phone. That suggests the scanner was not working at that point in time, the error is not that of the ‘operator’ but that of the provider in not explaining any limitations of the new scannable code or there is somewhere else to stick it.

Perhaps I’m old fashioned but I never went looking for another hole so if so not so much a picture I need but an explanation of how and where to slide it in.

@hibs.net private member
    Ended up getting my e-ticket scanned manually by a couple of stewards in the west. Was probably the quickest way of getting in as there were quite long queues elsewhere

Testimonial Due green with envy's Avatar
    There was indeed a problem getting in the east around 15/20 before KO but it was sorted when the mobile scanners were put in place and then it was a breeze to enter the stadium. I was one of the last in and was sitting in my seat in time for the start. Sometimes you have to give credit for the improvise instead of moaning. Eh?

Quote Originally Posted by green with envy View Post
    There was indeed a problem getting in the east around 15/20 before KO but it was sorted when the mobile scanners were put in place and then it was a breeze to enter the stadium. I was one of the last in and was sitting in my seat in time for the start. Sometimes you have to give credit for the improvise instead of moaning. Eh?
    The improvision in the West eventually meant just being waved through by a steward five minutes before kick off. Probably broke all sorts of regulations but at least it meant most people were in on time.

The bigger issue is why the turnstiles weren't working. The queues were bad enough for Alloa with a crowd of just 5544 - imagine what it will be like if the problem isn't sorted by the time we play St Mirren in front of 15000?

Fortunately there are two weeks to sort things out, but there are also two games in that time. Anyone confident the problems will be sorted for Tuesday?
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Testimonial Due green with envy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    The improvision in the West eventually meant just being waved through by a steward five minutes before kick off. Probably broke all sorts of regulations but at least it meant most people were in on time.

The bigger issue is why the turnstiles weren't working. The queues were bad enough for Alloa with a crowd of just 5544 - imagine what it will be like if the problem isn't sorted by the time we play St Mirren in front of 15000?

Fortunately there are two weeks to sort things out, but there are also two games in that time. Anyone confident the problems will be sorted for Tuesday?
    I'm sure all will be fine for the Abroath game on Tuesday. 👍

Quote Originally Posted by The young one View Post
    How do you mean upwards? I have an iPhone XS Max and tried scanning it with like the screen facing up was that wrong? Ended up at a turnstile where a girl just scanned it
    Needs to be vertical - basically nearly need to inset the phone at an angle.

A picture would help folk.

Luckily I dont trust modern technology, same as flying, when I fly I download the code thing AND the booking form, so if one doesnae work I still have the other. Modern tech sucks, always problems.