hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Coaching Staff
    A guy sitting near me in the West moans all game. Favourite phrase is just repeatedly saying "sh**e" in a bored voice. Never has anything good to say. It's almost pathological.

My neighbour - a good guy - is a Hibs fan. He's always very cautious though - doesn't get carried away in his praise of the team.

Edit - the swear filter on here is ridiculous.
    Last edited by steakbake; 17-07-2019 at 04:01 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Guy that had a ST directly behind me for years was torturous to listen to. Moan after moan after moan and he'd have particular targets and it was like he just loved seeing them do something wrong. Hibs could be winning 7-0, playing like Barcelona and he still wouldn't be happy. Draining absolutely draining. Thankfully he either stopped going or moved seats a few years back.

Really don't understand why folk like that even bother going tbh. We all have a moan and a rant now and again when things aren't going our way or the team isn't playing well but when your just constantly on the lookout for something, ANYTHING! to moan about then it's probably time you just stop going tbf because not only can that not be you enjoying yourself but its absolutely murder for everyone within ear shot of you.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Know the exact guys you’re talking about

Were slating Scott Allan when he was on loan at us from Celtic as well
    Aye, if it's who I'm thinking of one of them claimed he'd live streamed himself not celebrating Scott Allan's goal in the derby that season.

I remember John Leslie & Catherine Zeta Jones being at a game .... 😉

I don't know if anyone has posted this as haven't read the thread but, players that were not even on the pitch but some bell end has started slagging them, is always amusing! Must've witnessed it a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Tynie, think we lost 3_1 with Torto getting a late header, Zeta Jones was wearing a cagoule as it was raining, Leslie looked like the cat that got the cream.

Quote Originally Posted by fat freddy View Post
    Tynie, think we lost 3_1 with Torto getting a late header, Zeta Jones was wearing a cagoule as it was raining, Leslie looked like the cat that got the cream.
    Aye, I know! (I don't really). 😏
    Last edited by HUTCHYHIBBY; 17-07-2019 at 05:28 PM.

@hibs.net private member barcahibs's Avatar
    Evening game against Queens Park at hampden in the league Cup, 2007ish. Only about 1000 folk in the stadium so you heard every echo. Coming to the end of the gane (which was dire) and a woman behind me starts going mental screaming for "Tony" (Mowbray presumably) to make a change and get that "lazy" **** benji off the pitch.

Only a few issues with her moan - Tony was no longer the manager, JC was in charge; we'd already used all three subs; and Benji wasn't on the pitch anyway.

Apart from that you couldn't fault her though.

I was also at a reserve game where a few guys trying to be wide were loudly slagging off Andy McNeill (who was moaner target no1 at the time). It was particularly unfair as Andy wasn't playing, they were just doing it to be attention seeking.
    John Collins came over and sat along from them for a few minutes listening to their 'hilarious' comments and then very politely asked them to either back the team or leave. It was a moment of beauty as they sheepishly agreed to shut up and sat quiet for the rest of the match.

Don’t tell me you heard moaning from their direction !

Quote Originally Posted by ben johnson View Post
    Don’t tell me you heard moaning from their direction !
    It was a wee stab at humour, hence the smiley! ABI on the "other hand"! 😍

First Team Breakthrough Risboro Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    I was getting it stinking on a Facebook post last week by a few folk and told 'my type' wasn't welcome at Easter Road as I had the audacity to ask what IRA sloganism that had been posted on a Hibs supporters page, who had added me btw, had to do with Hibs
    Yes I had the same argument on a Facebook page last week . Unfortunately I called Hibs a Cosmopolitan Scottish club that attract fans now of all gender ,race and creed who predominately come from or family hail from Edinburgh and the surrounding area. It appears as I cannot accept that Hibs are actually an Irish club and I am not a Catholic that supports Irish Republicanism my lifetime of being a Fanatical Hibby and bringing my kids up to do the same ,has all been sadly in vain.

Quote Originally Posted by Risboro Hibby View Post
    Yes I had the same argument on a Facebook page last week . Unfortunately I called Hibs a Cosmopolitan Scottish club that attract fans now of all gender ,race and creed who predominately come from or family hail from Edinburgh and the surrounding area. It appears as I cannot accept that Hibs are actually an Irish club and I am not a Catholic that supports Irish Republicanism my lifetime of being a Fanatical Hibby and bringing my kids up to do the same ,has all been sadly in vain.
    Can't stand those idiots who want us to be a mini-Celtc instead of a modern Scottish club. They have the same mindset as the worst of the Sevco support.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Half time of the Barcelona friendly at Murrayfield a guy was mumping away about our performance in the 1st half. 'It' s no even like we are talking about a great Barcelona team' was my favourite quote. They won the Champions League 10 months later.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Falkirk semi when we were 3-0 down at HT. You'd have thought Fenlon had killed the granny of the guy infront of me. Realy bad stuff. Had to tell him to behave himself. Same guy was jumping around celebrating at 4-3 though.
    I think that might have been me

Testimonial Due
    I don't know if anyone has posted this as haven't read the thread but, players that were not even on the pitch but some bell end has started slagging them, is always amusing! Must've witnessed it a few times.
    Have heard it when the teams are announced.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Not the worst moaning I've heard, but I remember a SC match against Motherwell in 1995 where I took my visiting English cousins along to the old North stand.

The guys sitting next to me kept having digs at Kevin Harper including stuff like "useless black c***".

Harper eventually scored a cracking goal and when I turned and saw the dafties next to me celebrating I lost the plot, screaming at them if they still thought he was "a useless black c***, etc. My cousins were gobsmacked as they'd never seen me in full flow before.

The clowns next to me either left or moved seats.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Think John Collins had a story about a fan slagging him off for playing badly even though John was sitting a row behind him in the main stand due to injury. Imagine the surprise of the fan when he got a tap on the shoulder from John.

@hibs.net private member
    At Ibrox during the 3 0 Cup win Killen had a one on one chance at the end when we were 3 0 up.

The guy behind me was screaming miss ya ****, miss ya ****.... Turned out he had a bet on Hibs to win 3-0. He had put it on at half time on odds of 100-1.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Think John Collins had a story about a fan slagging him off for playing badly even though John was sitting a row behind him in the main stand due to injury. Imagine the surprise of the fan when he got a tap on the shoulder from John.
    I once gave Eddie May a hard time for having a shocker in a SC midweek replay at ER v Celtic. Later found out it was actually Callum Milne. I was several pints of export down the road, which I admit is a poor defence. Mind you, no idea why Milne was playing in midfield, but that was Lexo for you.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Half time of the Barcelona friendly at Murrayfield a guy was mumping away about our performance in the 1st half. 'It' s no even like we are talking about a great Barcelona team' was my favourite quote. They won the Champions League 10 months later.
    The boy that was sat next to me at that game left at 0-3 because he was so disgusted.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Two standouts for abuse received during games were Brazil and Tortolano.

Some of the abuse hurled at those two was at times relentless and brutal.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    At Ibrox during the 3 0 Cup win Killen had a one on one chance at the end when we were 3 0 up.

The guy behind me was screaming miss ya ****, miss ya ****.... Turned out he had a bet on Hibs to win 3-0. He had put it on at half time on odds of 100-1.

Brilliant save from Waterreus.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Heard a few fans over the years hurl abuse at a player who's not even on the park.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trapper View Post

Think Colin Nish should be added to the list.

The moaning my wife did when she came out of her work and realised I'd taken her car to go to Kilmarnock for a game on valentines day will take some beating.

Had about 15 phone calls giving me abuse in the second half! Few years ago now mind.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Think Colin Nish should be added to the list.
    Liam Craig too. Any time he made a pass the same suspects screaming at him.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar

Sorry but that's the best moaning ever heard at a Hibs match.

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    I was getting it stinking on a Facebook post last week by a few folk and told 'my type' wasn't welcome at Easter Road as I had the audacity to ask what IRA sloganism that had been posted on a Hibs supporters page, who had added me btw, had to do with Hibs

They're just idiots, Sean, and it's their 'type' that has no place at Easter Road

Well done on calling them out

Quote Originally Posted by Trapper View Post

Not abuse as such but I remember standing in my usual spot on the old Main Terrace (just below the TV gantry) years ago when the players were warming up pre-match and the wee "Singing Section" we had in those days were going through the players in turn chanting "...give us a wave",
    e.g. "Jackie, Jackie, give us a wave"

After going through ten of the players, one guy started chanting "Benny, Benny, give us a wave". Everybody else turned round to him and just went "Nahhh".

It was probably cruel but quite funny.

Last edited by Keith_M; 19-07-2019 at 08:26 AM.

Guy at the Stirling game ... standing at the very front of the terrace, launched a lengthy verbal attack on Steven Whittaker 2 seconds after the game started. Impressive start to the year for that guy.

People deny it but there are a lot of fans who act like they hate Hibs. It’s nothing to do with ‘passion’ or ‘caring’, it’s just downright despicable.