hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    There's an older guy along from me who moans at everything and everyone, constantly swearing infront of his, I assume, grandson and stamping his feet in a temper.

I can't wait to find out if he's renewed for next year, it's rather entertaining.
    Mon the Hibs.

2. Log in to remove the advert

There's a guy near me spends all game going '****ing rubbish', '****ing useless' or 'booooooooo'. Unfortunately he doesn't say 'hurumph'

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Used to be an absolute clown in the North Enclosure who had an absolute hatred of Ralph Callachan because of him being ex-Hearts. It didn't matter who told him to shut up, or how well Ralph was playing he just ranted on and on about how Ralph was a herts ****.

One night we were home to Dundee I think, Ralphie was having a blinder and went on a mazy run. For every player Ralph beat this erse would shout "NEVER" until finally he rounded the keeper after beating 5 players and tapped it into the empty net. The guy just walked out and was never seen again.
    Brilliant, just brilliant.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Honourable mention to the guy in Section 13 in the West that was first heard hating on Chris Hogg. Subsequently he has taken a shine to Lewis Stevenson who is one of the worst players to don the green & white jersey.

@hibs.net private member Arch Stanton's Avatar
    Guys referring to Efe as Awfy.

Kind of amusing but a bit crass and way wide of the mark.

Also, I can't remember where it was...possibly St Mirren...but Rob Jones had to tell the fans to calm down and stop abusing Ma Kalambay.

Anyone going to admit to their moaning coming back to bite them on the arse? I had was giving David Gray pelters after the falkirk play off 2nd leg. Wanted him and about 7 others released so we could start afresh again

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Anyone going to admit to their moaning coming back to bite them on the arse? I had was giving David Gray pelters after the falkirk play off 2nd leg. Wanted him and about 7 others released so we could start afresh again
    No, but I can remember the opposite happening when I vociferously defended Colin Calderwood (i know ) in an argument with Blackpool Hibs, who was completely and utterly correct, so the opposite happened to me.

The best one I heard was aimed at Sammy Baird at Easter Road, in the early sixties - "C'mon Sammy, I've seen milk turn quicker than you" Priceless !
    Last edited by georgieboy; 16-07-2019 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    Lewis lol. Probably the most admired player to have donned the Green and White jersey these past 12 years. Loved my every manager he’s played under and a role model to younger squad members. Apologies Hibernian V erse if I’m disagreeing with you
    I think HV is quoting without quotes

@hibs.net private member gogs_t's Avatar
    Used to be an absolute clown in the North Enclosure who had an absolute hatred of Ralph Callachan because of him being ex-Hearts. It didn't matter who told him to shut up, or how well Ralph was playing he just ranted on and on about how Ralph was a herts ****.

One night we were home to Dundee I think, Ralphie was having a blinder and went on a mazy run. For every player Ralph beat this erse would shout "NEVER" until finally he rounded the keeper after beating 5 players and tapped it into the empty net. The guy just walked out and was never seen again.
    One of my favourite Hibs goals!

There was guy in the South Enclosure when I used to stand behind the dugout who had a total dislike for Ally MacLeod (and a few other as well but MacLeod got the brunt of it!) but he generally referred to him as 'YOU' instaed of using his name. Every game he'd shout and scream at MacLeod "What was that YOU?" "You're a waste of space YOU!" while his face would go red and be about to explode. A few seasons later, I was in the terracing and the guy was close to me and I wondered who his ire was aimed at now. Didn't take long - step up Gareth Evans. He shouted at him the whole game even though Evans scored 2 goals and eventually came out with the classic "are you incapable of a hat trick Evans?"

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Falkirk semi when we were 3-0 down at HT. You'd have thought Fenlon had killed the granny of the guy infront of me. Realy bad stuff. Had to tell him to behave himself. Same guy was jumping around celebrating at 4-3 though.
    I recall a real loudmouth at that match. He arrived 15 minutes late (and drunk) and was slagging the whole team off from the start. When we went 3-0 down he (and a few others) walked out. After they went the negativity in the crowd in our section went out with them.

The crowd got behind the team and the match tuned over. I am not sure what caused what.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    The 5-3 Killie game last season, guy behind me and my old man giving it tight as **** to Whittaker all first half, absolutely incessant, my dad turns round and asks him along of the lines of do you no fancy shouting something constructive instead? 5 minutes into the second half Whittaker strokes in a beauty on the volley (?) after SJM plays him in. Tbf to the guy he took it in great spirits and shook hands with my old man
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Scottish cup semi against Dundee Utd. I seen the state of the goalie and turned to my mates and said he’s fatter than me. This is gonna be embarrassing

How wrong I was. One of the most memorable debuts ever and went on to achieve legendary status!

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gogs_t View Post
    One of my favourite Hibs goals!

There was guy in the South Enclosure when I used to stand behind the dugout who had a total dislike for Ally MacLeod (and a few other as well but MacLeod got the brunt of it!) but he generally referred to him as 'YOU' instaed of using his name. Every game he'd shout and scream at MacLeod "What was that YOU?" "You're a waste of space YOU!" while his face would go red and be about to explode. A few seasons later, I was in the terracing and the guy was close to me and I wondered who his ire was aimed at now. Didn't take long - step up Gareth Evans. He shouted at him the whole game even though Evans scored 2 goals and eventually came out with the classic "are you incapable of a hat trick Evans?"
    Haha, I remember that guy!

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    When Makalamby had made an erse of a catch the week before that possibly cost us a goal then away at Aberdeen the following week and ball flew into the crowd and a boy caught the ball and screamed at Makalamby THATS HOW YOU DO IT KEEPER!!!!!!!! Que laughter from the small batch of travelling Hibs fans
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Used to be an old guy that sat in the FFL in the mid 90s who is probably long gone now. I had a ST there and he just used to shout at nobody in particular. He'd shout things like get yer finger oot, or get intae that bugger. his shouts were comedy gold but he also used to spit his false teeth out in the middle of said shouts much to the amusement of those around him.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

I sit a couple of seats along from a guy in West Upper who is vociferous with his criticism and moaning. Not for any particular player but just in general.
    The funny thing about it though is that he knows he’s a bit loud at times and more often than not, apologises after the game for his rants. Apologies always accepted gracefully by those around him.
    He is after all only showing passion for the club he loves and supports, just like the rest of us.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    Also, I can't remember where it was...possibly St Mirren...but Rob Jones had to tell the fans to calm down and stop abusing Ma Kalambay.
    This game?

I vividly remember a game against Gretna, sat in the top tier of the North, a guy behind me spent the entire game shouting for Alan O’Brien to come on.

60 odd minutes in, he gets his wish. He’s delighted.

First touch of the ball, O’Brien made a mistake. Instantly, the same guy roars ‘YOU’RE ****ING ***** O’BRIEN!!’

I actually turned round and shouted ‘Really?!’ at him for that!

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    The guy sitting behind me last season who gave the west upper his internal monologue of utter *****. I snapped during the rangers game when the ball was played off Gray and our for a goal kick to rangers and he screamed “you should be anticipating that ya idiot” which just pissed me off something rotten.

I should also mention he was there with two wee kids and they were dragging him down the steps at half time as he screamed abuse at the rangers supporters. Absolutely cringeworthy.

Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    Lewis lol. Probably the most admired player to have donned the Green and White jersey these past 12 years. Loved my every manager he’s played under and a role model to younger squad members. Apologies Hibernian V erse if I’m disagreeing with you
    The "taken a shine" was tongue in cheek...that is his view on Lewis - not mine.

Left by mutual consent!
    I once was giving Gary Murray pelters after he ran the ball out of play for the 3rd time that afternoon. A fellow fan said to me ‘ dae u think screaming abuse at him is gonna make him play better. Lesson learned.

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Yep that seems to fit in with my recollection of the game! Can't believe that was 11 years ago. How far we have come.

Used to be an absolute clown in the North Enclosure who had an absolute hatred of Ralph Callachan because of him being ex-Hearts. It didn't matter who told him to shut up, or how well Ralph was playing he just ranted on and on about how Ralph was a herts ****.One night we were home to Dundee I think, Ralphie was having a blinder and went on a mazy run. For every player Ralph beat this erse would shout "NEVER" until finally he rounded the keeper after beating 5 players and tapped it into the empty net. The guy just walked out and was never seen again.
    IMHO It was the greatest individual goal ever scored in my 55 years and counting of watching the Hibs.Ralphie was enigmatic for sure but that goal was supreme. Perfect response to any critic.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by EVENTUALLY View Post
    IMHO It was the greatest individual goal ever scored in my 55 years and counting of watching the Hibs.Ralphie was enigmatic for sure but that goal was supreme. Perfect response to any critic.
    Still have the ‘Gilzean’ cartoon of that goal.

thats one of my favourite ever hibs goals? wasn't long after Archie Gemmills wonder goal against the dutch in Argentina 78,Dundee had just been promoted if I remember correctly ? we won 5-2 I think? happy days !!!

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stantonsboots View Post
    thats one of my favourite ever hibs goals? wasn't long after Archie Gemmills wonder goal against the dutch in Argentina 78,Dundee had just been promoted if I remember correctly ? we won 5-2 I think? happy days !!!
    If it was the 5-2 game then it was a Saturday afternoon game...I thought it was an evening game but must be getting mixed up with George Best's solo effort v Dundee which was definitely at night.

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby6270 View Post
    I sit a couple of seats along from a guy in West Upper who is vociferous with his criticism and moaning. Not for any particular player but just in general.
    The funny thing about it though is that he knows he’s a bit loud at times and more often than not, apologises after the game for his rants. Apologies always accepted gracefully by those around him.
    He is after all only showing passion for the club he loves and supports, just like the rest of us.
    I used to have a ST with my kids in the West Upper, towards the Dunbar end. I moved to West Lower because of a guy who was right behind us.

He wasn’t foul mouthed - I would have pulled him up if so because football is no excuse for swearing in front of an eight year old girl - but he was a complete slaver.

His usuals were shouting ‘keeper’s ball’ when it was nowhere near the keeper, bemoaning the full backs for not getting close to a ball when they would have had to have been superhuman and generally bemoaning half the team. At the time, the version of Runaround Sue was very current and he used to sing along but he could never get his words right.

This was constant and as he wasn’t actually being aggressive or sweary it just felt easier to move. Funnily, when he first started I assumed he was an older guy but when I actually looked at him he was relatively young, thirties maybe.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Always remember we signed Derek Collins the right back. 2 mins into his debut a guy behind roared he's efffing useless