hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member

Worst moaning ever heard at a Hibs match

In view of all the moaning going on just now (some possibly justified), what is the worst you have heard?

The old guy behind us started out not rating SJM. He then spent the next 3 seasons "justifying" it. Got really amusing at times.

(By worst I mean unjustified and if possible can we keep it lighthearted)

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In view of all the moaning going on just now (some possibly justified), what is the worst you have heard?

The old guy behind us started out not rating SJM. He then spent the next 3 seasons "justifying" it. Got really amusing at times.

Just what we need just now Pathead, another negative thread😎

Falkirk semi when we were 3-0 down at HT. You'd have thought Fenlon had killed the granny of the guy infront of me. Realy bad stuff. Had to tell him to behave himself. Same guy was jumping around celebrating at 4-3 though.

@hibs.net private member MartinfaePorty's Avatar
    Too many to mention. In the old days of terracing, at least you had the option to move away if it got too much. Special mention to a guy near me who thinks every keeper in the last 10 years has been dodgy and that any ball in the 18 yard box should be automatically claimed by them.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Falkirk semi when we were 3-0 down at HT. You'd have thought Fenlon had killed the granny of the guy infront of me. Realy bad stuff. Had to tell him to behave himself. Same guy was jumping around celebrating at 4-3 though.
    To be fair I think most fans were abit annoyed we happened to be 3-0 at half time to Falkirk in a semi final.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    To be fair I think most fans were abit annoyed we happened to be 3-0 at half time to Falkirk in a semi final.
    I certainly was but guy was way OTT

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    I was shouting a string of explitives when the second went in. Third was silent resignation.

The rest of the game was ok though. Don't think I celebrated a goal like the equaliser until 2016.

Testimonial Due

A group of guys near me used to slate Jones because he was in the team ahead of Murray. It went on for seasons despite him being a a colusus and bleeding green and white. I was sad I did not have a seat next to them for the 2007 final.

First Team Breakthrough
    Not at a Hibs match but about Newell on here after 3 friendlies and 1 league cup tie.For GS give the guy at least 15 games then judge him. If he is to be the left sided midfield/striker he probably knows himself that he will have to do more.

@hibs.net private member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by MartinfaePorty View Post
    Too many to mention. In the old days of terracing, at least you had the option to move away if it got too much. Special mention to a guy near me who thinks every keeper in the last 10 years has been dodgy and that any ball in the 18 yard box should be automatically claimed by them.

Is that Dave?

Testimonial Due The Captain....'s Avatar
    Probably Brian Hamilton and Torto were some of the worst in terms of sustained abuse from the stands. Latterly I think Super Joe turned it round..thankfully cos he was and is a great lad...and Hammy was eventually bought by Hearts..in fact amazingly Im sure he scored on his debut for them.

Listening to fans give a running commentary on whats going on in front of them with their own tactical analysis pisses me off..everyone has an opinion on phases of play but the constant"he should have done this or that" from the punters or telling them what to do when they are on the ball can become pretty annoying. I often wonder if they take it into other parts of their life and provide a constant critique of others driving or their partners cooking the tea etc.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Captain.... View Post
    Probably Brian Hamilton and Torto were some of the worst in terms of sustained abuse from the stands. Latterly I think Super Joe turned it round..thankfully cos he was and is a great lad...and Hammy was eventually bought by Hearts..in fact amazingly Im sure he scored on his debut for them.

Listening to fans give a running commentary on whats going on in front of them with their own tactical analysis pisses me off..everyone has an opinion on phases of play but the constant"he should have done this or that" from the punters or telling them what to do when they are on the ball can become pretty annoying. I often wonder if they take it into other parts of their life and provide a constant critique of others driving or their partners cooking the tea etc.
    A bit like the Harry Enfield character. You don't want to do it like that, you want to do it like this......

Wonder if they ever think before they speak?

Least he stayed till the end unlike some others that day

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    “ Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton you come up here and sit beside me!”

” Tortolano Ive seen better ball control in a man wi 10 bairns!”

Not the worst but certainly the most bizarre.

Sat in FF lower when my boy was younger. Two old boys sat behind us. Comments heard included:

"Aww, suffering catfish!"

"He's about as much use as pipe reek!"

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    TBF the context of that 3-0 was the 5-1 the time before when we last visited Hampden.

I like him was losing my ****.

J

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Used to be an absolute clown in the North Enclosure who had an absolute hatred of Ralph Callachan because of him being ex-Hearts. It didn't matter who told him to shut up, or how well Ralph was playing he just ranted on and on about how Ralph was a herts ****.

One night we were home to Dundee I think, Ralphie was having a blinder and went on a mazy run. For every player Ralph beat this erse would shout "NEVER" until finally he rounded the keeper after beating 5 players and tapped it into the empty net. The guy just walked out and was never seen again.

@hibs.net private member MartinfaePorty's Avatar
    Is that Dave?
    He's just naturally gloomy about everything :-)

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Used to be an absolute clown in the North Enclosure who had an absolute hatred of Ralph Callachan because of him being ex-Hearts. It didn't matter who told him to shut up, or how well Ralph was playing he just ranted on and on about how Ralph was a herts ****.

One night we were home to Dundee I think, Ralphie was having a blinder and went on a mazy run. For every player Ralph beat this erse would shout "NEVER" until finally he rounded the keeper after beating 5 players and tapped it into the empty net. The guy just walked out and was never seen again.
    😂😂😂

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Half Pint View Post
    Least he stayed till the end unlike some others that day
    Guilty.

Williamson was getting it tight big time before he left. 3 games in particular: we lost 2-0 at the pink dump (2 own goals I’m sure of it) and lost 2-0 at home to Dunfermline (Brewster scored both which I thought was ironic) 4-0 at home to Celtic where I’m sure Agathe scored twice too.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Guilty.

Williamson was getting it tight big time before he left. 3 games in particular: we lost 2-0 at the pink dump (2 own goals I’m sure of it) and lost 2-0 at home to Dunfermline (Brewster scored both which I thought was ironic) 4-0 at home to Celtic where I’m sure Agathe scored twice too.
    During that Period Williamson was speaking to the fans before games in the main stand corporate section. I assume this didnt go on for too long, bit of a stupid idea prior to the game. Once when I was there I saw Joe Baker give him a right hard time. It was pretty surreal.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Torto, Hammy, Billy Findlay and Davie Fellinger got it tighter that anyone else that I can recall.

They'd have a case to sue for abuse if it had happened these days.

I also have a memory of Chris Hogg running over to the old East to tell some fans to wrap it, or am I imagining that one?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Barman Stanton View Post
    During that Period Williamson was speaking to the fans before games in the main stand corporate section. I assume this didnt go on for too long, bit of a stupid idea prior to the game. Once when I was there I saw Joe Baker give him a right hard time. It was pretty surreal.
    That vaguely rings a bell aye! I was west lower but I can remember the confrontation parts.

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    Torto, Hammy, Billy Findlay and Davie Fellinger got it tighter that anyone else that I can recall.

They'd have a case to sue for abuse if it had happened these days.

I also have a memory of Chris Hogg running over to the old East to tell some fans to wrap it, or am I imagining that one?
    You're not imagining it.

Quote Originally Posted by oldbutdim View Post
    You're not imagining it.
    Super Joe did the same thing once, away to Falkirk if I remember rightly.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Guy at the back of the West Lower, near the Dunbar end (think it was the third section from the end) at the Scottish Cup derby where Wotherspoon scored the winner off of Zaliukas. Guy was giving Wotherspoon it tight all game and barely celebrated when he scored the winner. Think the same guy walked out of the meeting the Leeann Dempster had when she arrived at the club (when the Petrie out protest was happening) because she couldn't sack Petrie.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    When Potter got overexcited with his boss when they beat us last year 😳

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Remember a guy raging after we beat Motherwell 6-1 or 6-2 during the Tornadoes era. We scored 5 in the first half and his gripe was that we only scored 1 in the second.

Never seen such an angry guy as this guy after we chucked away the 6-2 lead away to Motherwell. Can remember feeling burst at the end of that game. Wasn't even raging as it was so hibs. Then this big red face came on the bus and was giving it "get rid of every single one of them. A swear to **** if a see any eh them in a hibs shirt next season I'll be on the park and telling them what a think of them"

Seen him a few days later having the time of his life as Colin Nish got 2 goals to send us into Europe. Football eh?

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Away match, think it was Hamilton. Some guy was giving Chris Hogg dugs abuse from before kick off, I think he was even having a decent enough game, some woman telt the guy to shut it and support the team. The guy then went on a sexist tirade about woman not having an opinion about football and how men 'killing the beast and woman cooking it was how things should be'. Memory is a bit hazy but sure the bloke the woman was with was trying to get at him.