Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hello darkness..............😂
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    I'm not quite sure what point you're trying to make, Matty.

I consider the failure to beat a fourth tier team in a competitive match to be completely unacceptable for a club like Hibs. Is that really so wrong?

Are we allowed to be disappointed in the game, worried about our recruitment so far and disappointed with the tactics and team selection?

Thats the bottom line. We failed to beat a team that is part-time in league 2. In all honestly there wasn't a period in that game when I felt a goal was coming for us. We never put them under anywhere near enough pressure and their back 5 had an easy day at the office because we played one up front. Unacceptable is correct.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

I keep on hearing about how we only played 1 up front and we should be playing 2 up to against Stirling. Plenty teams only play 1 striker and it is just as effective as playing 2 when played correctly. If that's the way Hecky is trying to play then putting another striker in there isn't going to make a difference.

Teams like Spurs, Liverpool, Man City usually only play with 1 out and out striker. Now I'm obviously not saying we are as good as these teams but we aren't playing anywhere near the quality they are so we should be good enough to be able to play 1 up front in the league we are in.

Couldn’t believe he only made one change yesterday when a number of players were knackered or playing poorly.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Another way of putting it is we played one up front and never laid a glove on them
    Any chances we did have were squandered through poor finishing
    We were toothless and had no cutting edge
    Their goalkeeper was dropping everything and there was no one on him
    The penalty we got was soft
    Hecky must surely see this
    He should have put Olly Shaw on to partner Doidge second half and had Boyle and Kamberi on the bench as back up for a tiring Horgan and a misfiring Newell
    There is no substitute for match practice unless they were both carrying injuries

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    I'm not quite sure what point you're trying to make, Matty.

I consider the failure to beat a fourth tier team in a competitive match to be completely unacceptable for a club like Hibs. Is that really so wrong?

Are we allowed to be disappointed in the game, worried about our recruitment so far and disappointed with the tactics and team selection?

Your allowed to do all of those things, Keith.

Yeah, I agree that it’s not acceptable to draw with Stirling, really but that said, we aren’t the first team to have an embarrassing result in a cup game and I’m certain we won’t be the last. It’s not the end of days that we drew, and I’m fairly certain that we’ll progress in the tournament as the seeded team, at which point it becomes inconsequential.

Celtic fans were embarrassed when they lost to that team from Gibraltar in pre-season (their season started that day as well, I suppose) but they qualified and ended up having a great season and nobody bothered about that result anymore. That was a worse result than ours but it really didn’t matter in the end.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Another way of putting it is we played one up front and never laid a glove on them
    Any chances we did have were squandered through poor finishing
    We were toothless and had no cutting edge
    Their goalkeeper was dropping everything and there was no one on him
    The penalty we got was soft
    Hecky must surely see this
    He should have put Olly Shaw on to partner Doidge second half and had Boyle and Kamberi on the bench as back up for a tiring Horgan and a misfiring Newell
    There is no substitute for match practice unless they were both carrying injuries
    The goalkeeper had a couple of excellent stops too though.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    He did

At the second attempt 😂

Dunno how HIBS never scored in the last minute of stoppage time good block there and booted off the line

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Dunno how HIBS never scored in the last minute of stoppage time good block there and booted off the line
    Agree. We should have scored. A few.
    His stop from Doidge header point blank range first half? I never seen him drop much if I’m honest. Parried a couple yes but as far as I could see that first half save was tremendous.

Agree. We should have scored. A few.
    His stop from Doidge header point blank range first half? I never seen him drop much if I’m honest. Parried a couple yes but as far as I could see that first half save was tremendous.
    Point blank header shudda scored but great save

Parried dropped same difference

Fumbled Horgans shot in the first minute

Rushed out his box start of the second half passed straight to Horgan presenting him with a Pele like shot on an empty goal but Horgan decided to pass into the box instead

A sniffer like Jamie MAC would have been on them in a flash 😁

My point is there was no bodies in there with HIBS strips on to take advantage

Newell missed what looked an easy chance at the back post

Doidge was easy meat for the two big centre halfs in fact one even got MOM wont have an easier afternoon
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 14-07-2019 at 10:34 PM.

Point blank header shudda scored but great save

Parried dropped same difference

Fumbled Horgans shot in the first minute

Rushed out his box start of the second half passed straight to Horgan presenting him with a Pele like shot on an empty goal but Horgan decided to pass into the box instead

A sniffer like Jamie MAC would have been on them in a flash 😁

My point is there was no bodies in there with HIBS strips on to take advantage

Newell missed what looked an easy chance at the back post

Doidge was easy meat for the two big centre halfs in fact one even got MOM wont have an easier afternoon

Flattered to deceive so far.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Agree, I'm surprised there wasn't more booing at the end. Really was a very poor performance.
    I had sunstroke by the end of the game, didn't have the energy to boo

I am still a lovely lobster pink colour today.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar T Grouch View Post
    I had sunstroke by the end of the game, didn't have the energy to boo

I am still a lovely lobster pink colour today.

I made a bee line for the terrace and stood up against the back wall in the shade for the whole game. Quite a few on that terrace were casualties of the sun by the end of the game.

The one bright spot from the game was actually Albion's goal.

What a strike that was and fully deserved the applause given by many in the Hibs end.

I think we should offer the guy a contact

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Your allowed to do all of those things, Keith.
    Cheers Matty

Yeah, I agree that it’s not acceptable to draw with Stirling, really but that said, we aren’t the first team to have an embarrassing result in a cup game and I’m certain we won’t be the last. It’s not the end of days that we drew, and I’m fairly certain that we’ll progress in the tournament as the seeded team, at which point it becomes inconsequential.

Celtic fans were embarrassed when they lost to that team from Gibraltar in pre-season (their season started that day as well, I suppose) but they qualified and ended up having a great season and nobody bothered about that result anymore. That was a worse result than ours but it really didn’t matter in the end.
    Hopefully we start our road to redemption on Saturday by wining convincingly against Alloa.

Not sure if I'm going to make the game but hope everybody that does sees a better display.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Flattered to deceive so far.
    I actually thought Doidge worked hard and might have nicked a couple if match sharp but got little change from the centre backs he really needed someone up there beside him second half ( Olly)
    I think/hope he will come good

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hackett View Post
    I distinctly remember the hertz having a torrid time in this tournament last year... by rights, shouldn't even have qualified from the group stage. They then went on to win the League in Sept and to be the best ever Losers in a SCF.

I personally don't read too much into results in July... good, bad, or indifferent
    So if we’re struggling against part-time 2nd Division teams we shouldn’t be worried? The gulf in class should’ve showed over the 90 minutes. Unless the gulf isn’t as big as we think!

Nobody is going to give a **** about yesterday’s game when we qualify through the group, and even less of a **** if we go far in the competition.

The team that started yesterday should easily have been good enough to win comfortably. They didn’t, and that’s a shocking result.

Will it matter in the grand scheme of things? Doubt it, and I think the benefit that the players got from getting a game under their belts at this stage of the (pre) season will probably matter more down the line.

Nobody should be happy with the result, and the performance leaves an awful lot to be desired. There are clear concerns on the back of it but those concerns should be put into perspective with some rationality and not just knee-jerk toys-out-the-pram drama.

It was a crap result, and a crap performance. Some players (new and old) has a crap game. Does that mean they will always have crap games? No. Does it mean we’ll be crap all season? It has no bearing on how the rest of the season will go, so no.

Same as if we’d won - yesterday’s game wouldn’t really have told us anything about the season coming.

It is bonkers that some folk have the knives out already for the manager , the recruitment team, and the players after that game.

It did mark the start of the season and it was a competitive game but people, desperate to try and make their anger/frustration more valid, are putting undue weight on the importance of it of it.