hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: McGeough & Effe

Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Blows my mind how some folk didn't rate Efe. Literally our best centre half since Sauzee and I'll argue that fact all day long. We were incredible fortunate to even sign Efe in the first place. A masterstroke from Lennon!
    Totally agree. Best thing Lennon did was sign Efe imo. Class act.

2. Log in to remove the advert

He was an unbelievable player and ok at times he took risks / may have caused some errors but he had many successful dribbles and was a fantastic defender / attacking defender.

Rarely missed a game and was a joy to watch.

Add in his celebration flip and that’s entertainment I would pay to watch.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ambrose strolled off the pitch most weeks having hardly broke sweat and could have just folded up his kit to be used again next week. When you’re as good as he is at our level you’ll hardly ever have to go in for a 50/50 or a slide tackle, much like you’ll probably never see the likes of Van Dijk ever have to go in for one - Efe was just doing it at a lower level. The way he read the game, his positioning and like you mentioned, his athleticism ensured he very rarely had to compete for a 50/50 or a slide tackle.
    An interesting stat I saw this morning following on from this - Paolo Maldini made 0.58 tackles a game throughout his career and was one of the best defenders of all time. He’s quoted as saying “if I have to make a tackle I have already made a mistake”.

Wonder what James McPakes average would be