hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: McGeough & Effe

McGeough & Effe

Reading through some of the comments regarding Dylan is baffling to me. He left as player of the year & got capped for Scotland, but some think he’s not good enough! Ffs he’d walk back into our team and IMO is badly needed.
    Given Effe is also a free agent now (think so anyway), he’d be another quality signing if available.
    Not judging the new boys on yesterday’s game, but Dylan & Effe are proven at the top level in Scotland. If any are available, I’d be amazed if we didn’t go for 1 or 2.
    Thoughts?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Don't know if they would want to come back now.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Defence isn’t a problem so no to Effe. After being at Stirling yesterday, I’d definitely take McGeoch back if that were possible.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Quote Originally Posted by munchar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Reading through some of the comments regarding Fulan is baffling to me. He left as player of the year & got capped for Scotland, but some think he’s not good enough! Ffs he’d walk back into our team and IMO is badly needed.
    Given Effe is also a free agent now (think so anyway), he’d be another quality signing if available.
    Not judging the new boys on yesterday’s game, but Dylan & Effe are proven at the top level in Scotland. If any are available, I’d be amazed if we didn’t go for 1 or 2.
    Thoughts?
    If we did we'd have 2/3 of the so called best midfield in Scotland from Jan 18- May 18.

We'd also have the best defender we've had at the club since Sauzee.

For me its a no brainer on both counts! if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    Defence isn’t a problem so no to Effe. After being at Stirling yesterday, I’d definitely take McGeoch back if that were possible.
    Efe would walk in ahead of every single centre half we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    How many goals has our defence shipped in this pre season?

First Team Regular dalkeith stu's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: hibeestu07
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Efe would walk in ahead of every single centre half we have.
    Yes but could the huge wage he'd demand be better spent on other areas of the team?
    I'd rather have Mulumbu in at CDM!!

I'd drive both of them back up here myself if I had to.

No chance on either IMO.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Albanian Hibs View Post
    How many goals has our defence shipped in this pre season?
    We tightened up after Efe left forv6 months more money living in a **** hole, instead of three years in the best city in the UK. Bet he regrets it now.

It doesn’t really matter what any of us think. Its up to PH at the end of the day.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    It doesn’t really matter what any of us think. Its up to PH at the end of the day.
    What? We should close Hibs net then and worship at the alter of PH!

Quote Originally Posted by SingHibs View Post
    What? We should close Hibs net then and worship at the alter of PH!
    I think the majority of us would like the pair of them back. Does it matter what we think though? Has PH not already been reported as saying he’s not interested in Dylan? I don’t really see the point in threads like this.

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rehabacrossthesea Wii Code: 4040
    No chance of getting either.

Efe however, would be a fantastic signing. Best centre-half we’ve had for years imo.

Inconsequential
    Left by mutual consent!
    Both of them were top performers at Hibs but both chose to leave after being offered the best terms the club could afford. One left in mid-season. Both turned down the offers and chased the money and now their careers have stalled. Karma has bitten them on the bum you could say. Let's sign as Heckingbottom (another ref. to body part) has stated - players that want to play for Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by munchar View Post
    Reading through some of the comments regarding Dylan is baffling to me. He left as player of the year & got capped for Scotland, but some think he’s not good enough! Ffs he’d walk back into our team and IMO is badly needed.
    Thoughts?
    If anybody is saying McGeough isn't good enough, I can only think it's a touch of sour groups that he left. Of course he's good enough to get into our team. Excellent player.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by SingHibs View Post
    We tightened up after Efe left forv6 months more money living in a **** hole, instead of three years in the best city in the UK. Bet he regrets it now.
    Never really got why folk think Efe was so good. For me he could be an absolute bomb scare and I for one never trusted him on the ball for that reason. His athleticism was something that helped him wriggle out of situations that was usually of his own doing. I remember one game in particular up at Aberdeen were he had an absolute nightmare. The Aberdeen fans taking great delight in giving him pelters every time he touched the ball. He could be decent ye but to bring him back after the way in which he left the club, it’s a **** off from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    If anybody is saying McGeough isn't good enough, I can only think it's a touch of sour groups that he left. Of course he's good enough to get into our team. Excellent player.
    If McGeough came back and played at the level he was before he left he'd be the first name on the teamsheet.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    If McGeough came back and played at the level he was before he left he'd be the first name on the teamsheet.
    Pedantry requires me to disagree.

The first name will probably be Rocky😁

Yet another thread on these two?
    We need to move on from them.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    The anger towards Efe for leaving Hibs to go to Derby is hilarious. Likewise the whole “we don’t want people like Ojo at the club” patter. They both took better offers financially. As would all of us.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    The anger towards Efe for leaving Hibs to go to Derby is hilarious. Likewise the whole “we don’t want people like Ojo at the club” patter. They both took better offers financially. As would all of us.

A lot of fans act like spurned teenagers over players who leave us.

I’d take Dylan and Efe back without question, because they were good players for us.

Sorry if this sounds harsh but I'd question how much someone knows about football if they wouldn't take Efe Ambrose back at Hibs.

He was one of the best defenders in Scotland, never mind at Hibs.

Quality player.

Left by mutual consent!
    Like he needs the money He activated a clause in his contract midway through the season, leaving his team mates high and dry. He was an integral part of our squad and I know there’s no loyalty anymore but activating a clause takes the biscuit for me. Had he left end of the season I’d have wished him all the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Weegreenman View Post
    Like he needs the money He activated a clause in his contract midway through the season, leaving his team mates high and dry. He was an integral part of our squad and I know there’s no loyalty anymore but activating a clause takes the biscuit for me. Had he left end of the season I’d have wished him all the best.
    Whether he needs it or not he’s not going to turn it down because he didn’t want to leave his team mates high and dry - although I’m not quite sure how he even done that. He left, football players leave all the time. He didn’t leave them having to deal with some sort of shambolic situation that a footballer should never have to deal with.

The clause is there for a reason, so that the player can activate it. I can’t see how we can turn round and then claim he was wrong for doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    A lot of fans act like spurned teenagers over players who leave us.

I’d take Dylan and Efe back without question, because they were good players for us.

Left by mutual consent!
    Whether he needs it or not he’s not going to turn it down because he didn’t want to leave his team mates high and dry - although I’m not quite sure how he even done that. He left, football players leave all the time. He didn’t leave them having to deal with some sort of shambolic situation that a footballer should never have to deal with.

The clause is there for a reason, so that the player can activate it. I can’t see how we can turn round and then claim he was wrong for doing so.
    I’d rather we had the type of player who stayed until the end of the season but not only for that reason I wouldn’t want to see him back at the club.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Sorry if this sounds harsh but I'd question how much someone knows about football if they wouldn't take Efe Ambrose back at Hibs.

He was one of the best defenders in Scotland, never mind at Hibs.

Quality player.
    I hold my hands up, I didn't want him when he first signed, having seen some of Celtic performances, but he won me over

Never be too proud to admit being wrong, and I was wrong about Ambrose.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 07BigD View Post
    Don't know if they would want to come back now.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    They both left of their own accord.Don't look back in anger.

First Team Regular
    Efe didn't leave us to go to Derby.He left us and in the end he eventually signed for them.