hibs.net Messageboard

Hybrid View

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar

EXTRA EXTRA READ ALL ABOUT IT - 0-7 poster, old Pink. Charity cycle Marie Curie.

Just picked up these little beauties from the printers.

Some of you may know I have decided to cycle the NC500 (before I get my bus pass) for Marie Curie, Edinburgh & Bradford.
    Part of my fundraising are these A3 posters from that special day all those years ago. £10 each, not sure about P&P as yet, guessing about £2.50/3 but will confirm in good time.

20190713_130146 copy.jpg 20190713_130206 copy.jpg

Drop a PM with your details and I shall get it sorted.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/gemmaandgogsie

Quote Originally Posted by Leithenhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just picked up these little beauties from the printers.

Some of you may know I have decided to cycle the NC500 (before I get my bus pass) for Marie Curie, Edinburgh & Bradford.
    Part of my fundraising are these A3 posters from that special day all those years ago. £10 each, not sure about P&P as yet, guessing about £2.50/3 but will confirm in good time.

20190713_130146 copy.jpg 20190713_130206 copy.jpg

Drop a PM with your details and I shall get it sorted.

To make life so much easier for everyone I have decided to include p&p for a £10 donation.
    GGTTH

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    To make life so much easier for everyone I have decided to include p&p for a £10 donation.
    GGTTH
    I’d advise not to include p&p mate. If you put them in tubes it will cost the price of the tube (£1) and 2nd class standard postage will cost £3 which is almost half the price. If you fold them into envelopes it’ll be cheaper just over £1.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar T Grouch View Post
    I’d advise not to include p&p mate. If you put them in tubes it will cost the price of the tube (£1) and 2nd class standard postage will cost £3 which is almost half the price. If you fold them into envelopes it’ll be cheaper just over £1.
    Oh, the very thought of folding this classic in an envelope fills me with dread....

Seriously though, I do get where you are coming from and postage is working out at £3, but the donations in the past (see attachment, another ageing classic) have been extremely generous. Also, I have a box of tubes sitting in my garage and If I don't use them this summer, then the mice will surely move in this winter...

LC72.jpg
    Last edited by Leithenhibby; 15-07-2019 at 10:51 PM.

Just an afterthought, I shall also make them available on match days for collection...

Glory Glory

It's always nice to see when someone sends you a wee pm to say they've received their poster, and it's way better than they thought it would be... Thank You.

Donating to a cause that supports our Doctors and Nurses while getting a slice of Hibernian FC history is a win-win in my book...

Drop a pm and I'll get you sorted.

Just 4 weeks until I head off on this cycling challenge.

Glory Glory.
    Last edited by Leithenhibby; 19-07-2019 at 06:01 AM.

Apologies for not having framed poster available due to them being snapped up.

I'll make every attempt to have them available from Monday coming....💚👊

Glory Glory.

Apologies for not having framed poster available due to them being snapped up.

I'll make every attempt to have them available from Monday coming...💚👊

Glory Glory.

As promised I have more framed 0-7 posters for those who have shown an interest. £30 each for Marie Curie charity cycle. (NC500)

Get in touch...

Framed 0-7 Poster.jpg

Also available unframed £10 inc p&p.

Fantastic. Mind and get plenty pictures on your epic.

Kudos to you for taking this on.

Quote Originally Posted by Power View Post
    Fantastic. Mind and get plenty pictures on your epic.

Kudos to you for taking this on.
    Aw cheers, your kind words are much appreciated but it's always been about the doctors and nurses who care for our loved ones...👊💚💚

At the moment I'm terrified to check out the weather..😂😂

Is it possible to order a framed print which l could collect at the Morton game next week?
    Regards
    L'Omdra

Quote Originally Posted by l'omdra View Post
    Is it possible to order a framed print which l could collect at the Morton game next week?
    Regards
    L'Omdra
    Hi L'Omdra,
    I shall be in Inverness starting the charity cycle on 17th unfortunately. I'm working in Leith next week if that helps?

More than happy to meet up wherever suits you!...

Will send a PM and many thanks for your support.

Glory Glory.

Quote Originally Posted by l'omdra View Post
    Unfortunately l am not in Edinburgh until the 17th as l live in West Lothian. I am contactable on 07980 650166 to make an arrangement. Regards L'Omdra
    Brilliant, the call will be incoming this weekend...

Also, anyone that is interested in keeping up with the cycle can do so on our FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/Gemma-Gogsi...5538725624827/

Cycle successfully completed in weather that can only be described as hellish.

Fantastic experience and I am very thankful to all who have supported this one and made a donation.

THANK YOU. Hibs Class

I have some posters still available but only 3 framed left.
    Get in touch if interested.

Framed 0-7.jpg

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Cycle successfully completed in weather that can only be described as hellish.

Fantastic experience and I am very thankful to all who have supported this one and made a donation.

THANK YOU. Hibs Class

I have some posters still available but only 3 framed left.
    Get in touch if interested.

Framed 0-7.jpg
    PM'd you

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibeeg
    Interesting this should appear again today, was at a talk yesterday by James McCallum who mentioned that he had cycled the NC500 in under 29 hours without any sleep, I’d only heard of people driving it in the past, cycling it is mad especially all in one go like James!

Quote Originally Posted by hibee View Post
    Interesting this should appear again today, was at a talk yesterday by James McCallum who mentioned that he had cycled the NC500 in under 29 hours without any sleep, I’d only heard of people driving it in the past, cycling it is mad especially all in one go like James!
    He's an absolute beast on a bicycle for sure, I just wonder if Mark Beaumont will bounce back..🤔

Of all the challenges I've done I'd have to say this was one of, if not the toughest to date. Weather conditions put a whole different spin on it, see what I did there. 😉 The surface water with passing vehicles, especially the motorbikes, throwing buckets over us as we fought with the rain for the first 3 day's was tough... Still, it's done and dusted as I look forward to receiving my free bus pass come December.😂 Glory Glory 💚💚

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Hey LH! ..... a huge thank you for dropping the framed print off at my house, that saved me carting it on the bus after a game (and a few beers)

It's now on the wall taking pride of place at the top of the stairs .... looking Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Just Alf View Post
    Hey LH! ..... a huge thank you for dropping the framed print off at my house, that saved me carting it on the bus after a game (and a few beers)

It's now on the wall taking pride of place at the top of the stairs .... looking Awesome!

You are more than welcome, was passing your street anyway.

I can't lie, they look the business.....

Framed 07.jpg

He's an absolute beast on a bicycle for sure, I just wonder if Mark Beaumont will bounce back..

Of all the challenges I've done I'd have to say this was one of, if not the toughest to date. Weather conditions put a whole different spin on it, see what I did there. The surface water with passing vehicles, especially the motorbikes, throwing buckets over us as we fought with the rain for the first 3 day's was tough... Still, it's done and dusted as I look forward to receiving my free bus pass come December. Glory Glory
    Was speaking with Gary Hand of Expresso Cycling Coaching and his company do a ride on the NC500 and those taking part take 3 days to complete it. Avg just over 15mph with plenty of stops. Just shy of 170 miles a day.

To do that in 29 hours is an amazing feat! I’m doing a bit of cycling in the Alps for my Big Birthday next year with the Alpe D’Huez, Col Du Galibier high on our list of rides.

Super effort though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Was speaking with Gary Hand of Expresso Cycling Coaching and his company do a ride on the NC500 and those taking part take 3 days to complete it. Avg just over 15mph with plenty of stops. Just shy of 170 miles a day.

To do that in 29 hours is an amazing feat! I’m doing a bit of cycling in the Alps for my Big Birthday next year with the Alpe D’Huez, Col Du Galibier high on our list of rides.

Super effort though

Do they do it clockwise or anti?
    My wee almost 60-year-old legs couldn't do 170 miles a day, a tall order even for the fittest cyclist. The recovery would be paramount for day 2&3.

Excellent sounds the business. I'd go back to France, Spain tomorrow, best cycling I've ever done...

Do they do it clockwise or anti?
    My wee almost 60-year-old legs couldn't do 170 miles a day, a tall order even for the fittest cyclist. The recovery would be paramount for day 2&3.

Excellent sounds the business. I'd go back to France, Spain tomorrow, best cycling I've ever done...
    That I am not sure. Hoping to maybe sign up and do that next year with a few of us. Gary is the cousin of one of my best mates so hopefully a space will be available.

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post

Super effort though

We did the Beaumont route in 4 days earlier this year, that was at the comfortable end of uncomfortable. Not sure I've got a three day effort in me, though would depend on the support provided by the tour group, we were unsupported.

Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post
    We did the Beaumont route in 4 days earlier this year, that was at the comfortable end of uncomfortable. Not sure I've got a three day effort in me, though would depend on the support provided by the tour group, we were unsupported.
    Fully supported Ian. Still a hard one to do. I also think the weather was fair so that makes it a lot better!