hibs.net Messageboard

Did we miss a trick?

Missed the boat now but...
    I don't mind the away kit, probably better in the flesh too. It's maybe a wee bit fussy for me though.
    A strip I've always liked was the Peru kit. Given our new custodians roots, I reckon changing the red diagonal for a purple one, same shade as the new one (i'm sure one of the tech savvy peeps could knock one up?), would be pretty smart. Hibs badge on the white side of the chest would stand out too.
    Ach well, maybe next year.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by sadtom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't mind the away kit, probably better in the flesh too. It's maybe a wee bit fussy for me though.
    A strip I've always liked was the Peru kit. Given our new custodians roots, I reckon changing the red diagonal for a purple one, same shade as the new one (i'm sure one of the tech savvy peeps could knock one up?), would be pretty smart. Hibs badge on the white side of the chest would stand out too.
    I’m not the biggest lover of the away kit myself either, however I can see why people do like it and also the home kit, they have gone for a more classic look this year, and I think the majority have really liked it, ive not seen the Peru kit, but if I was to search for it I’m sure I could look, I think it’s a good idea however I don’t think it’s what hibs want.

Are you meaning something like the black away strip with green and white stripes ?

Quote Originally Posted by GoWithTheFlo View Post
    I’m not the biggest lover of the away kit myself either, however I can see why people do like it and also the home kit, they have gone for a more classic look this year, and I think the majority have really liked it, ive not seen the Peru kit, but if I was to search for it I’m sure I could look, I think it’s a good idea however I don’t think it’s what hibs want.

Are you meaning something like the black away strip with green and white stripes ?

Just any version of the classic Peru kit, like this one i s'pose.
    http://www.soccerjerseyparadise.cn/i...ome-Jersey.jpg

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Wanted an away like that for a long time. Green diagonal on purple would also look great IMO.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    Wanted an away like that for a long time. Green diagonal on purple would also look great IMO.

Aye. That's a fair shout.
    Think it would need a darker green on a brighter purple

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Aye. That's a fair shout.
    Think it would need a darker green on a brighter purple
    Probably, think you’re right. Regardless, either style of top would add a bit of Copa Libertadores panache and swagger to the Hibernian kit collection.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

First Team Regular howdenthehibby's Avatar
    How about just a green diagonal on a white top and green shorts?To me that would look great

Or, take the new Barca away kit, change yellow to white and blau & grana to green & purple.

Iv always thought that would be a great away strip, but with the Green stripe. Used to actually create that on the old FIFA games for my Hibs team.

I’m guessing the designs of the kits were signed off months ago.

Could well be an option in future years, perhaps to honour Ron after we win something 😉

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by howdenthehibby View Post
    How about just a green diagonal on a white top and green shorts?To me that would look great
    Would be gorgeous, though I'd prefer all white with the green diagonal.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Email your suggestion to the club?

Can I claim the trademark on this idea, I suggested this on one of the threads re Ron Gordon on announcement day (I did, honest guv) but it wasn’t give much of a response.

Maybe my post count wasn’t high enough to merit a response

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldoo View Post
    Can I claim the trademark on this idea, I suggested this on one of the threads re Ron Gordon on announcement day (I did, honest guv) but it wasn’t give much of a response.

Maybe my post count wasn’t high enough to merit a response
    Hibernian 19-20 3rd.jpg

This is design i posted earlier this year, maybe even last year.... loads of folk have been asking for a Peru-esque design even before Ron was involved.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoWithTheFlo View Post

Agreed. Not liking the away top. Home, however, is best in a long time.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    Or, take the new Barca away kit, change yellow to white and blau & grana to green & purple.

I’ve always thought white with black/green sash, white shorts and black socks with green trim throughout would be lovely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Disgusting strip that is.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    Yes, I think that would look very smart.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875