hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Hsl

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was never about fan ownership for me. Not really bothered about that. Just wanted to contribute to the player budget.
    Me too, never want fan ownership

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesforever View Post
    Rebranding of HSl and maybe offer items more than just shares to entice donations to the playing budget. Shop discounts, for example.
    Yup.

Clean slate.

Hibs membership and money goes to.. any of 1 of the 5 areas or all of them.

Community
    Girls and Women’s team
    Boys Academy
    1st Team
    Stadium improvements

Maybe the time is right to rebeand HSL as a members scheme with a few added incentives for joining and a continued guarantee that money still goes directly to the manager. I'd assume if the money is no longer simply buying shares there may be tax implications to a body handing money over to the club though.

It may also be an idea for HSL to try and encourage individual shareholders to gift them a handful of their shares to try and get them to a level of influence. How likely that is though I don't know.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post
    Yup.

Clean slate.

Community
    Girls and Women’s team
    Boys Academy
    1st Team
    Stadium improvements
    I suspect that RG would prefer the HSL contributions to go towards developing the facilities at East Mains.

First Team Regular
    Yup.

Clean slate.

Community
    Girls and Women’s team
    Boys Academy
    1st Team
    Stadium improvements
    No chance. Money has to go to the 1st team, frankly I dont see many donating to Hibs to go towards 'community' or the women's team.

Just my take.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinc View Post
    I suspect that RG would prefer the HSL contributions to go towards developing the facilities at East Mains.
    That’s where my donation would probably stop

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Power View Post
    More still to be updated in this space from the club and HSL.

Collectively we’re at 33% - that’s a comfort and protection.

Supporter participation is very good and the intent is great.

Ron did say he was open to talks on this down the line - a supporter owned club or a club that has supporter ownership but has a majority shareholder. Big challenges (financial liability and decision-making) to being a supporter owned club.

More to come on this and looking forward to hearing it.
    Power I agree with a lot of that but there is a need to maintain a high percentage of the share capital in supporters names without it it being the majority shareholding. I would hope he would call a shareholders meeting outwith the agm to explain his plans

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    I don't think fan ownership was ever most fans intention/wish. However, HSL could've given us a collective voice on club matters, primarily on anything thay may threaten the club. As fans we have 33% but not under one umbrella which presents problems when it comes to communicating succinctly what we want for the club. It would end up a bit like a Tory leadership debate on a lot of things. Sad that we've potentially lost a means to have that collective voice. Before anybody says it - supporter reps don't provide what I'm talking about.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    I don't think fan ownership was ever most fans intention/wish. However, HSL could've given us a collective voice on club matters, primarily on anything thay may threaten the club. As fans we have 33% but not under one umbrella which presents problems when it comes to communicating succinctly what we want for the club. It would end up a bit like a Tory leadership debate on a lot of things. Sad that we've potentially lost a means to have that collective voice. Before anybody says it - supporter reps don't provide what I'm talking about.
    Very good post Mad Hatter

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar

Smile

Yup.

Clean slate.

Community
    Girls and Women’s team
    Boys Academy
    1st Team
    Stadium improvements
    people can set up a direct debit to the Hibernian Community Foundation as it is

I'll wait until there is an announcement from HSL about what their plans are, but I don't expect anything immediately as its board will need to meet to review its options first and preferably put those options to the members for us to vote on.

I'll keep paying in for now.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    That’s where my donation would probably stop
    Mine too. I don't mind the extra I contribute going to the playing budget but I'm not subsidising yet more infrastructure.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinc View Post
    Not sure that would sit well with me. So the fans are expected to stump up on top of their season tickets and everything else for improved facilities so that Ron Gordon can have the pleasure of owning a more valuable football club?

I was happy to do it before but we were getting shares in return. I’m not sure I’m happy to do it anymore.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    The term 'managers budget' really needs clarification, now more than ever. What does that actually mean...1st team budget, youth budget, heart rate monitors, a new squat rack in the gym...
    I'm being a little silly with my examples but for all I know this money might be going into things that I simply couldn't fathom. A link to the footballing staff at the club could be the deciding factor of what qualifies. I'll be honest I donated being relatively unaware of how the money was being spent. I read the sales pitch and thought why not...

Recent developments make me think if Ron has put a halt to HSL shares then he needs to continue putting money into the club himself. he cannot expect fans to pay for season tickets, food, shirts, scarves etc. and pay for a monthly rate to improve the squad. That's just in my opinion. If you exterminate hope of fan ownership or share issue then the buck stops with you. He is the owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Ron said they met on Friday?
    Baldy Foghorn

As you know I was not at the meeting this evening and I am wondering if you perhaps misheard Ron, as this is not correct.

I understand that following last weeks announcement Ron and his family enjoyed the rest of the week in London following a very busy few weeks leading up to the announcement and that is why we were unable to meet until this week.

We will be writing to our Members tomorrow with a very positive update.

In the meantime could I echo Ron's comments and just ask for a little patience and please allow us just a little time to continue our discussions.

Jim Adie

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbydad View Post
    That is disappointing Baldy I really believe the way forward would be to allow more supporters to buy shares in the club

Was as it said that there was no opportunity to buy any shares from the Nominee company’s share holdings ?

Recent developments make me think if Ron has put a halt to HSL shares then he needs to continue putting money into the club himself. he cannot expect fans to pay for season tickets, food, shirts, scarves etc. and pay for a monthly rate to improve the squad. That's just in my opinion. If you exterminate hope of fan ownership or share issue then the buck stops with you. He is the owner.
    My thoughts exactly but expressed more eloquently than I was capable of

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    The term 'managers budget' really needs clarification, now more than ever. What does that actually mean...1st team budget, youth budget, heart rate monitors, a new squat rack in the gym...
    I'm being a little silly with my examples but for all I know this money might be going into things that I simply couldn't fathom. A link to the footballing staff at the club could be the deciding factor of what qualifies. I'll be honest I donated being relatively unaware of how the money was being spent. I read the sales pitch and thought why not...

In putting “a halt to HSL shares” he put £3.5m into the club

Quote Originally Posted by OfficialHSL View Post
    Baldy Foghorn

As you know I was not at the meeting this evening and I am wondering if you perhaps misheard Ron, as this is not correct.

I understand that following last weeks announcement Ron and his family enjoyed the rest of the week in London following a very busy few weeks leading up to the announcement and that is why we were unable to meet until this week.

In the meantime could I echo Ron's comments and just ask for a little patience and please allow us just a little time to continue our discussions.

Jim Adie
    Thanks Jim. I’ll wait for tomorrow’s message.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Power View Post
    More still to be updated in this space from the club and HSL.

Collectively we’re at 33% - that’s a comfort and protection.

Supporter participation is very good and the intent is great.

Ron did say he was open to talks on this down the line - a supporter owned club or a club that has supporter ownership but has a majority shareholder. Big challenges (financial liability and decision-making) to being a supporter owned club.

More to come on this and looking forward to hearing it.

I am not having a go at you personally here, but I am again questioning the role of fan reps on the board if you do not know what the immediate future of HSL is following the takeover.

Yes, contributors were paying in to support the playing budget, but STF was gifting shares in the club in return and the whole project was explicitly about fan ownership.

If that has now changed then the basis on which HSL is collecting contributions is now incorrect.

It needs clearing up asap.

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    Was as it said that there was no opportunity to buy any shares from the Nominee company’s share holdings ?
    That is correct, I think the statement was “there is no more equity available for HSL (or anyone else)to buy” from Ron’s 67%.

Baldy Foghorn

Jim Adie
    Apologies Jim, thought he said you met Friday.

Hopefully you can discuss a re-brand and we can invest for other things
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    This requires statements from the club and HSL tbh. Those fans that viewed HSL as safeguarding the club will have some fear over this. I'll be considering whether I keep donating. Not in anyway Jim's fault but HSL and the clubs collaboration with HSL has been poor at best. I actually think we've done well with donations considering there were no appreciations spoken about until recently which could be scrapped because of this - kit with names on it.

People possibly sacrificed something in their lives to help the club, I remember the whole thing about avoiding a coffee or two every month. Moving the goalposts on some key aspects such as fan ownership (safeguarding) should be communicated in advance or as swiftly as possible.
    I am not an HSL member or contributor, but I agree with you that there should be a statement from the Club about HSL and the future. Leanne up to now has been vociferous of her backing of HSL, but clearly the arrival of a new owner has turned the original strategy on its head. What is the aim of HSL now and what is the Club's postion? Doesn't sound as if there has been any forethought given to this before the transaction going through, otherwise there would have been an announcement.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    I am not an HSL member or contributor, but I agree with you that there should be a statement on the Club about HSL and the future. Leanne up to now has been vociferous of her backing of HSL, but clearly the arrival has turned the original strategy on its head. What is the aim of HSL now and what is the Club's postion? Doesn't sound as if there has been any forethought given to this before the transaction going through, otherwise there would have been an announcement.
    Despite Leeann being a director of HSL. Disappointing.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    In putting “a halt to HSL shares” he put £3.5m into the club
    Yes. I don't know how that translates into we continue to pay a monthly fee for nothing. No shares.

This is still hypothetical until we know but imagine Man City fans being asked to pay a monthly subscription to improve the playing budget. It's an exaggerated example but still has its purpose. HSL was rightly initially advertised as a mechanism to help fund the betterment of the club through sporting achievement (better players etc.). It was also put across with sacrifice a coffee here and there and put some money a side for HSL each month. For shares in the club that's fine, for safeguarding the club that's fine. It isn't so fine when you've just had a millionaire buy over your club though. I think most people deserve their coffees again!

Clarification is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Me too, never want fan ownership
    Fan ownership is a myth. Our money helps supplement budgets, but we have no equity in the club.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    I am not having a go at you personally here, but I am again questioning the role of fan reps on the board if you do not know what the immediate future of HSL is following the takeover.

Yes, contributors were paying in to support the playing budget, but STF was gifting shares in the club in return and the whole project was explicitly about fan ownership.

If that has now changed then the basis on which HSL is collecting contributions is now incorrect.

It needs clearing up asap.
    None taken. HSL and the club will have that covered ✅

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Was never about fan ownership for me. Not really bothered about that. Just wanted to contribute to the player budget.
    Exactly the same for me. We still need to keep it going in another form (working title managers war chest) to make sure Ron’s investment doesn’t just keep us on level terms with them and the sheep.
    Last edited by Not In The Know; 10-07-2019 at 10:23 PM.

Baldy Foghorn

Jim Adie
    Look forward to reading it Jim. Will be good to get some clarification. Thanks.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Clarification on what Ron's investment means from a footballing perspective is key as well. Imagine it all went to infrastructure...Petrie!

Hard sell asking fans to keep putting money into the club to finance player budget at the same time as infrastructure improvements.