hibs.net Messageboard

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Safe to say there's not going to be many more co-efficient points won this year:

Celtc
    Rennes
    Lazio
    Cluj

New Huns
    Porto
    Young Boys
    Feyenoord
    Celtc with a much better chance of progressing than their cousins. Rangers will be lucky to finish third in that group!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Wolves: Braga, Bratislava, Besiktas.

a shower of B's in this group

and a singular W of course

Artur Boruc getting sacked is he?

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Full Draw

fulldraw.jpg

Celtic away Dec 14th will now be the Sunday due to Europa fixtures on Thursday 12th.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    Celtc with a much better chance of progressing than their cousins. Rangers will be lucky to finish third in that group!
    Celtic were in Pot 2 so don't have a second seed team in their group hence an easier group for them
    Rangers were in Pot 4 so they don't have a 4th seed team hence they have a much tougher task as do the other teams in their group who have been landed with them from Pot 4.

I was hoping Celtic would have had the team from Luxembourg in their group. In order to improve the Scottish coefficient rather than to help their chances of qualifying.

Only 3 country's lying below 12th in the UEFA Coefficient have more than 1 team left in European competition and Scotland are one of them.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 30-08-2019 at 01:16 PM.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    Safe to say there's not going to be many more co-efficient points won this year:

Celtc
    Rennes
    Lazio
    Cluj

New Huns
    Porto
    Young Boys
    Feyenoord

Both Scottish clubs might as well hand over the tub of vaseline now, both will get royally ****ged in those groups.

Huns fans will get smashed in Rotterdam and Celtic fans will get smashed in Rome.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Both Scottish clubs might as well hand over the tub of vaseline now, both will get royally ****ged in those groups.

Huns fans will get smashed in Rotterdam and Celtic fans will get smashed in Rome.
    I hope no innocent fans get smashed other than the ones that bring it on themselves.

This Europa is sounding better by the minute

Hibs normally only play in Europe about one season out of every five*. The Rangers and Celtc increasing our co-efficient isn't going to benefit us greatly....

....but the two of them progressing every year and getting the benefits of the money that brings in, will adversely affect every other club that has ambitions of ever winning a trophy.

I'm struggling to see how anybody can see that as a good thing, on balance.

* I realise it's probably not exactly one in five, but I'm sure you get the gist.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Hibs normally only play in Europe about one season out of every five.

The Rangers and Celtc increasing our co-efficient isn't going to benefit us greatly.... but the two of them progressing every year and getting the benefits of the money that brings in, will adversely affect every other club that has ambitions of ever winning a trophy.

If the coefficient goes up enough, that 1 in 5 seasons in Europe for hibs is likely to become 1 in 3, or maybe 1 in 2 as an extra European spot is available.

Quote Originally Posted by bernz View Post
    If the coefficient goes up enough, that 1 in 5 seasons in Europe for hibs is likely to become 1 in 3, or maybe 1 in 2 as an extra European spot is available.

Meanwhile, Celtc and The Rangers get ever further away from us in the league and win every trophy going.

I'm sorry, but playing a few early qualifiers every few years will never match up to the joy of winning one of the cups.

Meanwhile, Celtc and The Rangers get ever further away from us in the league and win every trophy going.

I'm sorry, but playing a few early qualifiers every few years will never match up to the joy of winning one of the cups.
    By getting there more regularly we can start to attract better players and gradually progress further in Europe. Having rangers and Celtic winning the vast majority of trophies isn't exactly a new thing.

Hibs normally only play in Europe about one season out of every five*. The Rangers and Celtc increasing our co-efficient isn't going to benefit us greatly....

....but the two of them progressing every year and getting the benefits of the money that brings in, will adversely affect every other club that has ambitions of ever winning a trophy.

* I realise it's probably not exactly one in five, but I'm sure you get the gist.
    Once Scotland are back up to 5 teams European places Hibs should be playing in Europe every season.
    Our infrastructure projects are all but complete (indoor pitch) and we are and will remain debt free.
    So long as our season ticket sales hold up it should be an almost certainty.

We were never competing with Celtic over a season and The Rangers are now back up to full speed, gone and not coming back.
    Likewise Hibs, Hearts & Aberdeen should start putting distance between themselves and the rest.
    Natural order as one medal bereft manager once said.

Sadly, winning a trophy for all but the bum cheeks is once again a massive long-shot.
    However, playing in Europe regularly will be good and may see Hibs being a more attractive destination for better quality players from outside Scotland.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 30-08-2019 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Celtic were in Pot 2 so don't have a second seed team in their group hence an easier group for them
    Rangers were in Pot 4 so they don't have a 4th seed team hence they have a much tougher task as do the other teams in their group who have been landed with them from Pot 4.

I was hoping Celtic would have had the team from Luxembourg in their group. In order to improve the Scottish coefficient rather than to help their chances of qualifying.

Only 3 country's lying below 12th in the UEFA Coefficient have more than 1 team left in European competition and Scotland are one of them.
    Couldn’t much care about the co-efficient when the consequence of that improving is more millions into their coffers. Wish they’d both been pumped out

Qualify for Europe, get 2 maybe 4 games tops, get spanked by some team who are already weeks into their season and who will themselves get spanked in the next round

Sounds like a ****load of fun.

Testimonial Due

Agree even if coefficient improves a little will have a small impact on non old firm teams playing in Europe while widening the financial gulf in Scottish football

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar

By getting there more regularly we can start to attract better players and gradually progress further in Europe. Having rangers and Celtic winning the vast majority of trophies isn't exactly a new thing.

When Europa League 2 starts that will see us in Europe more often I'd think.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Quote Originally Posted by One Day In Time View Post
    Couldn’t much care about the co-efficient when the consequence of that improving is more millions into their coffers. Wish they’d both been pumped out
    Celtic recently received £25 million for a player transfer.
    We won't get near them whether they are in Europe or out of Europe.
    Accordingly no point in wishing them ill will when they are representing Scotland in European competition.

I prefer to look at some benefit which might accrue to Hibs and in this case it will be European football most seasons and the draw that may prove to players we want to sign from outwith Scotland. At the moment we almost have to drag them here. To that end it is also better if players see our league positioned 13th in the European coefficient next season rather than the 26th position we occupied last season. The Scottish league and Hibs are better than that.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 31-08-2019 at 01:52 AM.

Think the huns will fancy their chances, certainly against Feyenoord, oh and Feyenoord will kick the 5hit out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Celtic recently received £25 million for a player transfer.
    We won't get near them whether they are in Europe or out of Europe.
    Accordingly no point in wishing them ill will when they are representing Scotland in European competition.

I prefer to look at some benefit which might accrue to Hibs and in this case it will be European football most seasons and the draw that may prove to players we want to sign from outwith Scotland. At the moment we almost have to drag them here. To that end it is also better if players see our league positioned 13th in the European coefficient next season rather than the 26th position we occupied last season. The Scottish league and Hibs are better than that.
    No one will get close to either of them in the league and that’s the way it’s been for what, nearly 40 years? You are spot on but I can’t be bothered looking it up.

In cup competitions though with a bit of luck, there’s always a chance whether that’s LC or SC. That’s where we need to seek glory. Objective in the league should be third.

That carries with it Europa qualification you’re right. Whilst I’ve enjoyed Euro nights in the past let’s not kid ourselves on that they’re something truly magical and successful.

You hope you get a decent draw in a country where you get a bit of sun and a few beers with the gang, and not end up in some ****hole of a place that takes you 2 days to get to, costs the same as a family holiday, and where the home fans treat you like some foreign invader.

Players being attracted by the lure of two or 4 Euro ties? I think not. They’ll be attracted by money, this great city of ours and standard of living, our proud and rich history, our stadium, fans and atmosphere, and our training facilities.

They’ll also look at people like John McGinn and see that they can use us as a stepping stone to the EPL.

Probably just me but I’m not going to get excited about Europe when I look at Kilmarnock and Aberdeen

Anyway, it’s all about opinions but after years of the game being run for the benefit of two clubs, after years of abuse from the filthy hordes that follow both of them, I’ll continue to wish them every possible ill
    Last edited by One Day In Time; 31-08-2019 at 08:10 AM.

When Europa League 2 starts that will see us in Europe more often I'd think.
    Don't think we get any more places in Europe - we just have some places downgraded to EL2.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    Think the huns will fancy their chances, certainly against Feyenoord, oh and Feyenoord will kick the 5hit out of them.

I’ll be stunned if Rangers qualify from that group. Feyenoord finished narrowly in 2nd place last season in Eredivisie to a very good and exciting young Ajax team who got to the CL semifinals. Young Boys got to the CL playoffs this season and I remember them beating Juventus in the CL last season. Porto have got a very good European pedigree as we know and will be favourites to top this group.