hibs.net Messageboard

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 211 to 228 of 228
  1. #211
    Testimonial Due Hibee87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Leith
    Posts
    2,541
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudSquall View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A slightly controversial entry...





    Dr Pepper.
    I love Dr Pepper, and discovered a year or 2 back it goes amazingly with a Jack D/Bourbon whiskey. SO my little pleasure is finding the rare pub that actually sells Dr Pepper.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #212
    @hibs.net private member Sudds_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Posh Pans
    Posts
    4,403
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I love Dr Pepper, and discovered a year or 2 back it goes amazingly with a Jack D/Bourbon whiskey. SO my little pleasure is finding the rare pub that actually sells Dr Pepper.
    Or pubs that employ bar persons that know their drinks. Was in the cafe royal last week...asked for a black and tan. The look i got from the young ozzy barman was hilarious!!
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

    The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game

  4. #213
    @hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,975
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudds_1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Or pubs that employ bar persons that know their drinks. Was in the cafe royal last week...asked for a black and tan. The look i got from the young ozzy barman was hilarious!!
    Was it not discussed here a while back, that the name for this drink might be insensitive to some people?
    Maybe the Ozzy barman had Irish Republican roots,,,,

  5. #214
    @hibs.net private member Sudds_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Posh Pans
    Posts
    4,403
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was it not discussed here a while back, that the name for this drink might be insensitive to some people?
    Maybe the Ozzy barman had Irish Republican roots,,,,
    Dont remember that ....but i think his problem stemmed from being 100% lager drinker..ansnever heard of stout...sweet or otherwise.

    ....but take your point on offence. Hadnt occurred to me until you raised it 🤔
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

    The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game

  6. #215
    Coaching Staff HUTCHYHIBBY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    EDINBURGH
    Age
    49
    Posts
    17,328
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudds_1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ....but take your point on offence. Hadnt occurred to me until you raised it 🤔
    Wouldn't worry about it.

  7. #216
    @hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,975
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudds_1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ....but take your point on offence. Hadnt occurred to me until you raised it 🤔
    I was being facetious, I've no doubt you weren't upsetting anybody and agree that a solid ozzy barman knows his way around the lagers and pilsners of the world but little else.

  8. #217
    @hibs.net private member Sudds_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Posh Pans
    Posts
    4,403
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was being facetious, I've no doubt you weren't upsetting anybody and agree that a solid ozzy barman knows his way around the lagers and pilsners of the world but little else.
    😀
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

    The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game

  9. #218
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Bo'ness
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,957
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Iainhfc PSN ID: Iainhfc
    Walking out the gym after a hard session. And seeing people walking in not started yet

  10. #219
    Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Brandenburg
    Posts
    12,242
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalOrder View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Walking out the gym after a hard session. And seeing people walking in not started yet
    Yes, but at least they can still look forward to updating their Facebook status.

  11. #220
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    58
    Posts
    32,278
    The smell of my 1st cup of coffee in the morning

  12. #221
    @hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Leith
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,283
    When you order a pint of Guinness at the bar, the barman knocks out another round with another punter then remembers to top your pint up at the perfect time.

  13. #222
    @hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    28
    Posts
    10,651
    Having a long word to type that you're not quite sure how to spell, giving it a go with some keyboard bashing in the right general direction of the letters you want and seeing the Microsoft autocorrect magically transform your ramblings into the intended word.
    Mon the Hibs.

  14. #223
    @hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    52
    Posts
    21,253
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Having a long word to type that you're not quite sure how to spell, giving it a go with some keyboard bashing in the right general direction of the letters you want and seeing the Microsoft autocorrect magically transform your ramblings into the intended word.
    Indubitably.

  15. #224
    Testimonial Due Hibee87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Leith
    Posts
    2,541
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Having a long word to type that you're not quite sure how to spell, giving it a go with some keyboard bashing in the right general direction of the letters you want and seeing the Microsoft autocorrect magically transform your ramblings into the intended word.
    I find it more satisfying when it doesn't autocorrect said word.

  16. #225
    @hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    52
    Posts
    19,841
    Mixing two different flavours of crisps into the one bag

  17. #226
    Coaching Staff sleeping giant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Broxburn
    Posts
    18,263
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mixing two different flavours of crisps into the one bag
    What flavours ?

  18. #227
    @hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    52
    Posts
    19,841
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What flavours ?
    As a big crisp fan I have many combinations I enjoy 😁

    Prawn Cocktail & Bacon
    Steak or Beef & Cheese and Onion
    Salt n Vinegar & Chicken

    I will try any combination, tonight itís Prawn Discos and Bacon Wheat Crunchies

  19. #228
    Coaching Staff sleeping giant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Broxburn
    Posts
    18,263
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As a big crisp fan I have many combinations I enjoy 😁

    Prawn Cocktail & Bacon
    Steak or Beef & Cheese and Onion
    Salt n Vinegar & Chicken

    I will try any combination, tonight itís Prawn Discos and Bacon Wheat Crunchies
    😄
    Steak and cheese & onion sound not too bad.
    Never even thought about that though .

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved