hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Drinking the last of the milk from my cereal straight from the bowl. Drives the missus nuts!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    The smell of bacon in the pan, and knowing its going on some fresh uncut bread or a crusty roll liberally spread with anchor butter.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Managing to slice roast beef properly with and old fashioned carving knife.

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Boatman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Drinking the last of the milk from my cereal straight from the bowl. Drives the missus nuts!
    Ohhhhh yes!

A perfectly ripe peach or nectarine. Not rock hard and not too squishy so there's brown bits and the juice goes absolutely everywhere, but just right.

One of summer's most orgasmic food experiences IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I quite often walk solo. If I'm up for an early start then it's not always easy to persuade people to tag along so I tend to end up on my own. I prefer walking alone anyway although I'll happily walk with others as and when the chance arises.

It's an easy thing to get started doing. The Pentlands has some great walks and is right on our doorstep. If you are after something a bit more adventurous Google 'easiest Munros' or 'Munros for beginners' and there are numerous lists and top 10s. Mountains like Ben Lomond, Schiehallion, Mount Keen, Beinn Ghlas and Ben Lawers are all fairly straightforward walks and within easy access of the central belt. Walking alone obviously requires a bit common sense. Whilst a lot of the easier Munros have clearly identifiable paths knowing how to use a map and compass is a good idea, make sure people know where you are and carry some basic kit so you are prepared if you do have any bother. The weather is unpredicatble even in the summer, I was up Ben Lawers a week past Saturday, I left Edinburgh bathed in early morning sunshine and by the time I was a quarter of the way up the mountain I was in full waterproofs, the wind was gusting at 50mph and I couldn't see more than 6ft in front of me!
    Substitute “good idea” with “absolutely essential.”

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    There is a guy named Nirmal Purja who was a Ghurka and in the SBS he is current trying to climb all 14 of the 8000m peaks of the world in 7 months, he has just got no 10 after successfully doing K2, seeing this guy doing so well just cheers me up for some reason

I went into the bookies last night to put a scorecast on the Hibs game. The lady behind the counter asked if she could see some ID. I'm 33.

As ridiculous as it was, I'll take the compliment.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Hearts getting beat is always a wee thing that makes me happy.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Being up really early and watching the world come too, similar to PB and his mountain climbing. Being up sharp for tractor work and the roads being absolutely dead then seeing the traffic get busier and busier is oddly satisfying. Having a break at 10am knowing you’ve already been at the graft for 5 hours. Its weird but satisfying.

A really good pint of Guinness. You rarely get one this side of the Irish Channel.
    Biddy Mulligans in the Grassmarket and The Abbotsford in Rose St are top quality. Not cheap at £4.70 but I'd rather pay that than a pound less for sour or tasteless stuff.
    The research continues......

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Boiling an egg to perfection, being soft and runny so it spreads nicely onto my toast soldiers.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 29-07-2019 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    A really good pint of Guinness. You rarely get one this side of the Irish Channel.
    Biddy Mulligans in the Grassmarket and The Abbotsford in Rose St are top quality. Not cheap at £4.70 but I'd rather pay that than a pound less for sour or tasteless stuff.
    The research continues......
    Talking of the Abbotsford I'll add another:

Pubs that still serve cask beer using Aitken tall founts. The Abbotsford still has a few and it's so much better than the hand pull system if the bar and cellar staff know what they are doing. They used to be the norm in Scotland but are harder and harder to find.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    My wife of 40 years 😁
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Blog Entries
    Being diabetic and sorely missing the ‘sweeter things’ in life, I can’t describe the pleasure of a portion of 85% dark chocolate with a cup of really strong, good quality coffee before going to bed............. and no, doesn’t keep me awake all night.

When one of my favourite films is on TV, even though I have the DVD.

Discovering during first wipe that this particular sh**e doesn't require ANY wiping.

That smell of Easter Road when I haven't been at a game in a while. The smell itself isn't very nice... but I always recognise it.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    The simplicity of kids/babies. Collected my daughter from nursery earlier and on the walk home she found her tongue. We were sticking our tongues out at each other and she thought it was the funniest thing ever 😀

Wife and I driving past Tynecastle on the Western approach road when my Daughters were toddlers, oldest piped up “ooh whats that horrible smell” its Tynecastle I said, then we sung Tynecastles a piggery, for many years after we done the same.

Daughters now 28 and 26, last week same journey, same song, it never ages, sat with a grin, thats ma bairns 😆

Testimonial Due
    Blog Entries

Thumbs Up

I got on the Eurostar train going to Paris last week and my seat was changed to Coach 18 Seat 75. Gave me a wee smile and it was a great seat as well...

Quote Originally Posted by c31 View Post
    I got on the Eurostar train going to Paris last week and my seat was changed to Coach 18 Seat 75. Gave me a wee smile and it was a great seat as well...
    Similar to that, my old phone number at work ended in 6270.

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    The simplicity of kids/babies. Collected my daughter from nursery earlier and on the walk home she found her tongue. We were sticking our tongues out at each other and she thought it was the funniest thing ever 😀
    My wee girl is four, her fits of giggling and laughing are so funny

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by MSK View Post
    Wife and I driving past Tynecastle on the Western approach road when my Daughters were toddlers, oldest piped up “ooh whats that horrible smell” its Tynecastle I said, then we sung Tynecastles a piggery, for many years after we done the same.

Daughters now 28 and 26, last week same journey, same song, it never ages, sat with a grin, thats ma bairns 😆
    My son asked the same when he was about 3 or 4 (nearly 8 now), and I responded it was the hearts, pointed out the stadium and from that moment on, we always hold our breath when driving the western approach. Poor wee guy nearly fainted with the lights that are there the now 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    My son asked the same when he was about 3 or 4 (nearly 8 now), and I responded it was the hearts, pointed out the stadium and from that moment on, we always hold our breath when driving the western approach. Poor wee guy nearly fainted with the lights that are there the now 😂
    Its brilliant eh 😆 I never could tell them that it was just a wee pong wafting from Tynie, and it was mostly from the distillery and chemical factory, they still believe its Tynie 😆

I bought a set of Hibs Russian dolls when I was pished in Prague many years ago. They're pretty ugly things that sat on a shelf untouched for more than a decade until my 19 month old daughter decided she wanted to have a shot of them a few weeks back.

They are now absolutely her favourite thing. I've taught her their names, and I get a wee shiver of delight even just thinking about her wee voice saying the names "Gaz, Deek, Zibi, Boozy, and Ivan" when I ask her who they are.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I bought a set of Hibs Russian dolls when I was pished in Prague many years ago. They're pretty ugly things that sat on a shelf untouched for more than a decade until my 19 month old daughter decided she wanted to have a shot of them a few weeks back.

They are now absolutely her favourite thing. I've taught her their names, and I get a wee shiver of delight even just thinking about her wee voice saying the names "Gaz, Deek, Zibi, Boozy, and Ivan" when I ask her who they are.
    Brilliant 👍
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar

Ive got those!

I got mine a couple of years ago, so they are an updated version! Lewis is in there, woulld have to check who all else there is. Hanlon definitely but can’t remember who else.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wpj View Post
    My wee girl is four, her fits of giggling and laughing are so funny
    My wee one is six months and making her laugh is one of the best things.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar

I've never seen them I don't think - never mind in Prague! Great find!
    Mon the Hibs.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    I've never seen them I don't think - never mind in Prague! Great find!
    I vaguely remember a photo of them being posted either here or on one of the Facebook groups and everyone thinking how bizarre it was. Do either of the two posters who have them have a picture of them?

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5

What, no Hecky?