hibs.net Messageboard

Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sticking random promo codes in when buying something and getting 25% off.
    You just make them up?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    You just make them up?
    Logical guesses... That was an escape room (so I felt like they'd appreciate the endeavour) and "ESCAPE25" worked.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Sitting at the bus stop after a rubbish day at work, peed off at the world. Wee dug who's owner was sitting next to me hops up on her hind legs, front legs on my knee and gives me a wee lick. Smiled and gave her a big clap. Totally changed my mood and ended up having a decent evening where normally I would have sat a stewed on the things that had bothered me that day. Non human animals are way better than us.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

So who loves you more? The dog or your partner??

Lock them both in the boot of your car for a couple of hours and when you open it see who really is happy to meet you again😂

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyDave View Post
    So who loves you more? The dog or your partner??

Lock them both in the boot of your car for a couple of hours and when you open it see who really is happy to meet you again😂

So, what was the result?

I've probably posted this before, but...

The fact that my wife can't pronounce the word Tinnitus and it always sounds more like Tittyness.

I know, I'm so childish...

😊

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Travelling to work on the train and when it stops at a station and the doors open, you get a nice cool breeze rather than a pyroclastic surge.

Applied for a new passport last Friday, sent off my old one on Monday, received my new one this morning at 7.47.

I don't need it all that urgently but had heard some horror stories over the last few weeks and months so pleasantly surprised, and delighted, with the service.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Applied for a new passport last Friday, sent off my old one on Monday, received my new one this morning at 7.47.

I don't need it all that urgently but had heard some horror stories over the last few weeks and months so pleasantly surprised, and delighted, with the service.
    Nice one I was pretty much 10 weeks. Crazy how there is such a difference!
    Cougars!!!

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Getting a TOIL day-off on the Friday to add to the bank holiday Monday. 😎

The end theme tune to Emerdale and Coronation Street.

(The inlaws are here this weekend.)
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    The end theme tune to Emerdale and Coronation Street.

(The inlaws are here this weekend.)
    What a Shambles! 😉

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    What a Shambles! 😉
    Coronation Street is an hour long. FFS!

My recent discovery that there is a South Korean airline called Air Seoul.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

My recent discovery that there is a South Korean airline called Air Seoul.
    😁

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Mushy peas. They're just great.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Discovering last.fm website. It’s got an excellent section where you can search for an artist and it will suggest about 100 similar artists. Most suggestions aren’t the usual mainstream artists. It’s a real treasure trove of discovering new bands.

I’ve spent a lot of time down that rabbit hole. The cold hard manual search for music is something I really enjoy. I get a buzz after trawling through lots of bands to find someone new I like. It’s an expensive pastime though as I’ve added loads of CD’s to the collection recently.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Putting the heating on.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Waking up early, looking at clock and realising there’s still two hours before alarm is due to go off.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Waking up early, looking at clock and realising there’s still two hours before alarm is due to go off.

You call that a pleasure, I hate that.

Watching "Allo Allo" with my German wife, Helga*

* OK, the name is wishful thinking, but the rest is true

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    When you make a dish out of leftovers, it ends up a bit of a "put it together and see how it works out" in method, and it turns out to be delicious.

Ended up with a creamy ham and crispy shallot pasta tonight that was absolutely fantastic. Couldn't recreate it if I tried though I don't think.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Putting empty sweetie wrappers back in the box knowing it’s going to drive the next person to go in for one absolutely mental.

Something I enjoy more than I probably should.

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Putting empty sweetie wrappers back in the box knowing it’s going to drive the next person to go in for one absolutely mental.

Tunnocks caramel wafers are good for this – really easy to fold the wrapper back into its original shape.

@hibs.net private member
    Pongy guy used to sit in seat in front of me every morning on bus for months, I enjoyed scrunching my ticket up and chucking it into his hood, he probably collected 15 to 20 tickets🫣

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post
    Tunnocks caramel wafers are good for this – really easy to fold the wrapper back into its original shape.

I'm glad it's not just me

FWIW, I've mastered peeling an orange to such an extent that I could put the peel back in the fruit bowl and it looks like it's been untouched.
    Last edited by Keith_M; 13-06-2023 at 06:00 PM.

Didn't realise this thread had been dormant for so long. Anyway.......

Just my children in general. I honestly can't believe I worried so much when I was younger that my own parents were really angry at me. I spend about 90% of my time trying to suppress laughter when I am telling them off as they are just hillarious. Particularly my daughter, even when she does something wrong there is literally no malice in her and I can't keep up any pretence of being angry at her for more than a few minutes.

It surely can't just be me. Is parenting really just about doing the right thing and telling a child off whilst secretly finding their actions funny?

@hibs.net private member

Just my children in general. I honestly can't believe I worried so much when I was younger that my own parents were really angry at me. I spend about 90% of my time trying to suppress laughter when I am telling them off as they are just hillarious. Particularly my daughter, even when she does something wrong there is literally no malice in her and I can't keep up any pretence of being angry at her for more than a few minutes.

It surely can't just be me. Is parenting really just about doing the right thing and telling a child off whilst secretly finding their actions funny?
    My Daughters had a completely different upbringing from me, without going into detail it was miserable up until I chose to leave home at 15 to sleep in stairwells or if I was very lucky, a mates floor.

We didnt have tech in those days nor could afford a good camera so many of my memories of my children are locked in my brain. Of course we were strict but it never entailed a “skelp” a grounding or the threat of a grounding would suffice

Like you say though, regardless of how serious you want to be just one look at their faces and I had to turn around and face the wall or walk out the room pissing myself laughing

I well remember a time my oldest found a way to climb onto the kitchen worktop to raid the cupboards, in typical older Sister scenario she obviously blamed the youngest. Basically opened the washing machine door and used it as a step up to the worktop, only however to grab a bottle of brown sauce and plaster it all over their faces and arms, only they will know why they done it 🤣🤣

my wife and I can generally be found trying desperately not to s****** too loudly if the other is giving our daughter a telling off

Wearing my Hibs top in the summer when the Glasgow visitors are coming over , always get some coming up to me in a bewildered sort of way asking " Are you a Hibee ? " 😂😂😂