hibs.net Messageboard

Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    My new Rega System One

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Coffee, toast and marmalade

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Apple crumble and custard.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Apple crumble and custard.

Had it at the weekend, or apple crumble and a big scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.

Passing a car travelling in the opposite direction with some fud behind the wheel hurtling along at 40+ in a 20mph zone knowing he is going to find himself stuck in a traffic jam in about a minutes time.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member
    A negative LFT test on Saturday and sunday would be brilliant, I could get back to work then

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Had it at the weekend, or apple crumble and a big scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.

It's just good for the soul. As is sticky toffee pudding.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Can't mind if I've posted this before, but playing fetch with the dog. Go on a decent walk to a local park, find a big stick, throw big stick around for ages and enjoy watching the woofer run back and forth wagging her tail like crazy. Go back home for a cup of coffee and some nice peace and quiet.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Fresh start for me today, weighed myself yesterday and a pound of 16 stone, stopped smoking about 6 months a go but gave in at Xmas time and was puffing again, stopped a few week a go again and have just craved food food and more food, got up this morning stripped the bed washed everything and put it out to dry, then went for a nice walk, not had one for about 8 weeks, no shorts today , done 7 miles came in got the bedding back on bed had a shower and had my tea and settled down for the game, that was just superb, now got to pop out and drop the lad of and can’t wait to get in to my bed later on, having a wee bowl of nuts and raisins just now.

Hope to get 10 miles done tomorrow and continue with that and get a grip of my eating, strange that I’m craving a smoke of late but have being substituting it with crappy food, so done well today and hope to continue with this new routine and maybe in a few months time wil join a gym. GGTTH.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Fresh start for me today, weighed myself yesterday and a pound of 16 stone, stopped smoking about 6 months a go but gave in at Xmas time and was puffing again, stopped a few week a go again and have just craved food food and more food, got up this morning stripped the bed washed everything and put it out to dry, then went for a nice walk, not had one for about 8 weeks, no shorts today , done 7 miles came in got the bedding back on bed had a shower and had my tea and settled down for the game, that was just superb, now got to pop out and drop the lad of and can’t wait to get in to my bed later on, having a wee bowl of nuts and raisins just now.

Hope to get 10 miles done tomorrow and continue with that and get a grip of my eating, strange that I’m craving a smoke of late but have being substituting it with crappy food, so done well today and hope to continue with this new routine and maybe in a few months time wil join a gym. GGTTH.
    You have to remember that junk food and processed food is designed to be addictive. The high sugar, high salt, MSG and other additives are all designed to create an illusion of fullness that then leaves you craving more a short time later. It takes some time to get over those cravings, same as giving up nicotine, alcohol, caffeine or whatever else you may indulge in

Invest a bit of time each week batch cooking good, home made food. It makes financial sense as it's cheaper to cook in bulk in the medium to long term and you will soon have a freezer full of decent food all portioned up and ready to go. I spend 2 or 3 hours ever second Sunday making soups, stews, casseroles, pasta sauces and the like and it's so worth it. Saves loads of time cooking midweek too when you only have to stick on some veg or another side and heat up what you have already cooked. You can also chop up loads of onions, peppers etc and freeze them ready to use when they are needed.

I'd say that wee bit time spent cooking is something I genuinely enjoy and the Dominos, microwave lasagnes and pot noodle lunches are a thing of the past. I'm not sure I've lost a huge amount of weight but I feel a million times better and that's the main thing really.

The food section of the BBC website is great for recipes and you can set different parameters to narrow down the search. Well worth 43p a day........
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    You have to remember that junk food and processed food is designed to be addictive. The high sugar, high salt, MSG and other additives are all designed to create an illusion of fullness that then leaves you craving more a short time later. It takes some time to get over those cravings, same as giving up nicotine, alcohol, caffeine or whatever else you may indulge in

Invest a bit of time each week batch cooking good, home made food. It makes financial sense as it's cheaper to cook in bulk in the medium to long term and you will soon have a freezer full of decent food all portioned up and ready to go. I spend 2 or 3 hours ever second Sunday making soups, stews, casseroles, pasta sauces and the like and it's so worth it. Saves loads of time cooking midweek too when you only have to stick on some veg or another side and heat up what you have already cooked. You can also chop up loads of onions, peppers etc and freeze them ready to use when they are needed.

I'd say that wee bit time spent cooking is something I genuinely enjoy and the Dominos, microwave lasagnes and pot noodle lunches are a thing of the past. I'm not sure I've lost a huge amount of weight but I feel a million times better and that's the main thing really.

The food section of the BBC website is great for recipes and you can set different parameters to narrow down the search. Well worth 43p a day........
    My main meals are freshly made food, no meats, mainly vegan meals, it’s bread rolls biscuits that’s my problem, haven’t really had a drink for about 3 years now, I have one cup of coffee in the morning and water for the rest of the day, smoked since I was about 13, never liked smoking cigarettes they are disgusting, but by 18 I was a habitual cannabis smoker until last year, yes I know, but hopefully in the past now, had another nice walk today but still waiting for the feel better bit to kick in thanks for the advice.

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    My main meals are freshly made food, no meats, mainly vegan meals, it’s bread rolls biscuits that’s my problem, haven’t really had a drink for about 3 years now, I have one cup of coffee in the morning and water for the rest of the day, smoked since I was about 13, never liked smoking cigarettes they are disgusting, but by 18 I was a habitual cannabis smoker until last year, yes I know, but hopefully in the past now, had another nice walk today but still waiting for the feel better bit to kick in thanks for the advice.
    Do you drive Silver? I’ve been taking to jumping in the car for 15 minutes then going an hours walk when I’ve parked up somewhere. Good to get out the local area, hits differently!

Quote Originally Posted by MagicSwirlingShip View Post
    Do you drive Silver? I’ve been taking to jumping in the car for 15 minutes then going an hours walk when I’ve parked up somewhere. Good to get out the local area, hits differently!
    I do, my plan is to drive to different areas and park the car and post flyers through doors for a couple of hours each day.

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    I do, my plan is to drive to different areas and park the car and post flyers through doors for a couple of hours each day.
    Nice one, remember plenty healthy snacks for the walk. Fell victim to a bottle of juice and sweets many time! Loads of recipies online for energy bars with nuts , fruit and peanut butter which are easy to make and much better than a Snickers! Problem with my house is they go just as fast as the biscuits…

Quote Originally Posted by MagicSwirlingShip View Post
    Nice one, remember plenty healthy snacks for the walk. Fell victim to a bottle of juice and sweets many time! Loads of recipies online for energy bars with nuts , fruit and peanut butter which are easy to make and much better than a Snickers! Problem with my house is they go just as fast as the biscuits…
    A bottle of water will do me, sitting here with a wee bowl of nuts and raisins. Happy days.

Thanks for advice

I too have to get my finger out, I have spin bike which is acting as a clothes horse, need to get back on it, been a lazy sod this past 6 months.

@hibs.net private member
    Letting my Jack Russell Cross pups off the lead today in a safe field and watching them have the time of their lives.

Axe throwing this morning, a great laugh with family and friends.

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Was that at the "Black Axe" place at Summerhall?
    Had a shot at it last year and was surprised how much fun we had. My daughter was an absolute demon with some of the more technical throws but not good enough to wrestle the double edged golden axe from my grasp 😉

Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    Was that at the "Black Axe" place at Summerhall?
    Had a shot at it last year and was surprised how much fun we had. My daughter was an absolute demon with some of the more technical throws but not good enough to wrestle the double edged golden axe from my grasp 😉
    Yes that’s the place.

Big jet tv just now from Heathrow

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    We had a go at that earlier this month, we absolutely loved it. For once in my life it was something I was naturally pretty decent at too!

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    … Qatar 380 next up, third attempt. (things you never thought you would type)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    I've got loads of stuff to do, but I'm gripped...

Quote Originally Posted by Radium View Post
    … Qatar 380 next up, third attempt. (things you never thought you would type)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Very impressive skills from them all the BA pilots seems to have a better success rate.

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    I'm 42 and should know better but at least once a day I have a slide on the laminate flooring in my socks

Back in the day before festivals saw sense and started installing showering facilities, getting back from T in the Park back in the day and having the first shower in three days was always incredible.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Watching the kids playing. Totally different ages and stages, totally different activities, but they are literally back to back doing their own thing and I can sit with a pint and just observe.

Tip for new parents: NEVER INTERVENE when they’re playing nicely.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    I'm 42 and should know better but at least once a day I have a slide on the laminate flooring in my socks
    We don't stop playing because we get old. We get old when we stop playing 😁😁

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    We don't stop playing because we get old. We get old when we stop playing 😁😁
    Magic! 🖒