hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Results 301 to 330 of 333
  1. #301
    Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Brandenburg
    Posts
    13,106
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Try ***tering and s******ing in S****horpe


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #302
    @hibs.net private member McD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Livingston
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,838
    When I'm really cold, getting into a hot shower, and feeling the tingling sensation of slowly warming up, and continung to turn up the hot water and getting hotter

  4. #303
    Pun Lovin' Criminal Northernhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    35
    Posts
    11,549
    I had the downright ****tiest day yesterday - got caught in the pouring rain delivering a few boxes which was a favour, then something else went wrong, then managed to drop a box on my finger busting it open and also giving a lovely blood blister, then did a delivery on the way home that I usually do but the lift at a shopping centre I deliver to broke down so I had to carry everything down a flight of stairs to be able to do the delivery, then got back to my car to find that I'd driven over a screw.

    I'm doing a couple of hours work this evening but so far today made eggs benedict, watched GBBO, went to take photos of my cars wheel locking nut pattern as when I bought it both the previous owner and I had thought it had been lost - found a wee hidden secret compartment at the back of a car with a nice shiny wheel locking nut key in the back which saves me £40 and also managed to find a suitable replacement tyre (and a decent one at that) for £60.

    Even better, my partner has worked a lot of overtime recently so took a half day to come home and have lunch with me as a surprise.

    I love "comeback" days - the ones that just seem destined to go well as a rebound from a day of bad fortune.


    Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

  5. #304
    @hibs.net private member calumhibee1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    12,506
    Apologies because this is disgusting...

    But my dog has a wee infection just now and is getting a lot of gunk around his eyes mainly when he wakes up - pretty much feels exactly like a bogey.

    Picking it out the corner of his eye and watching it peel off his actual eyeball is very satisfying and tbh, Iím actually very jealous of how good it must feel

  6. #305
    3pts away from home - i'm a happy glory hunter. jonty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Dunfermline
    Age
    47
    Posts
    24,165
    Blog Entries
    4
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: jonty Wii Code: 7580 5998 4272 1376
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Try ***tering and s******ing in S****horpe
    Hows that working out for you now?

  7. #306
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    24,789
    Quote Originally Posted by jonty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hows that working out for you now?
    Can I say smart arse?

    Ohhh.... clearly I can.

    But not smart ****.....

    😁

  8. #307
    Pun Lovin' Criminal Northernhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    35
    Posts
    11,549
    Charity shop hunting.

    Last week found a lovely digital camera with a very impressive optical lense for £35 - on Amazon Marketplace itís about £160 and even the worst examples on eBay are nearing £100.


    Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

  9. #308
    Administrator matty_f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    43
    Posts
    42,315
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Making an omelette just right. Had a 3 egg one earlier on and honestly reckon it was the best one I've had.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://anchor.fm/longbangers

  10. #309
    @hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The wee *****y of course
    Posts
    5,388
    Autumn watch starting tomorrow night. It will be the best hour of the day!!

  11. #310
    @hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    53
    Posts
    20,864
    Golden Wonder Smokey bacon crisps.

  12. #311
    Baking bread.

    Someone at work gave me a sourdough starter and it's a total rabbit hole when you get into it. A lot of trial and error but when you get it right it's a proper feeling of achievement. The discard is brilliant for things like English muffins, pancakes and Yorkshire puddings too.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

  13. #312
    Pun Lovin' Criminal Northernhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    35
    Posts
    11,549
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Baking bread.

    Someone at work gave me a sourdough starter and it's a total rabbit hole when you get into it. A lot of trial and error but when you get it right it's a proper feeling of achievement. The discard is brilliant for things like English muffins, pancakes and Yorkshire puddings too.

    Funnily enough Iíve started making kombucha and itís got a similar thing about it. Lots of trial and error, quite frustrating but cool when it works out. Also planning to use some of the starter liquid with the bacteria and wild yeast to try to combine with some ale or champagne yeast to see if that would make a home brewed sour beer.


    Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

  14. #313
    @hibs.net private member McD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Livingston
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Golden Wonder Smokey bacon crisps.


  15. #314
    @hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The wee *****y of course
    Posts
    5,388
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. Autumn watch. The best hour of the day.

  16. #315
    ADMIN marinello59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I still live in hope.
    Posts
    32,239
    Placing a vinyl copy of AC/DC Back in Black on to the turntable and shaking my imaginary hair to some of the best three chord rock and roll ever recorded.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

  17. #316
    @hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The 'Mains
    Posts
    3,776
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Placing a vinyl copy of AC/DC Back in Black on to the turntable and shaking my imaginary hair to some of the best three chord rock and roll ever recorded.
    Aw man... that's got me contemplating a trip up into the attic

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    cým fallain

  18. #317
    @hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The wee *****y of course
    Posts
    5,388
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Placing a vinyl copy of AC/DC Back in Black on to the turntable and shaking my imaginary hair to some of the best three chord rock and roll ever recorded.
    I have loads of vinyl and it is just so comforting putting it on and hearing that crackle before the needle hits the music. Digital is just so easy to play music but you can't beat putting on a record and turning the dial up to 11 for some proper nostalgia

  19. #318
    @hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Musselburgh
    Age
    62
    Posts
    15,514
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have loads of vinyl and it is just so comforting putting it on and hearing that crackle before the needle hits the music. Digital is just so easy to play music but you can't beat putting on a record and turning the dial up to 11 for some proper nostalgia
    I always thought that was the case until I started to play my old vinyl albums again. Just didn't do it for me so I sold them all and haven't regretted it. Singles are a different matter though, I could probably recognise a song by it's crackle at the beginning of some of my old punk singles

  20. #319
    @hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Leith
    Age
    41
    Posts
    5,437
    When you bring back your shopping and realise you've judged exactly how much room is left in your freezer like a Tetris master!
    Last edited by Mon Dieu4; 06-11-2020 at 06:59 PM.

  21. #320
    Coaching Staff HUTCHYHIBBY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    EDINBURGH
    Age
    49
    Posts
    17,565
    When you let your wee nephew have a wee punt on the football and he has £5ew on Che Adams for the first goal for Southampton and you can share the joy as he runs about the living room like a dafty! 👍

  22. #321
    @hibs.net private member Future17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    36
    Posts
    6,678
    When someone's first post is on something random like dog breeds. Don't know why but it always puts a smile on my face.

  23. #322
    A banana that is slightly over ripe.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

  24. #323
    @hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Leith
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,450
    When my wee boy sneezes he lets out a big long sigh / smile after.

  25. #324
    Testimonial Due c31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,062
    Blog Entries
    1
    McDonalds Smarties McFlurry.. Best ice cream I've had for ages.

  26. #325
    Pun Lovin' Criminal Northernhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    35
    Posts
    11,549
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A banana that is slightly over ripe.
    Turning completely over-ripe bananas into banana bread. Throw in some candied citrus peel, cinnamon and walnuts and it's a joy.


    Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

  27. #326
    Pun Lovin' Criminal Northernhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    35
    Posts
    11,549
    Quote Originally Posted by c31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    McDonalds Smarties McFlurry.. Best ice cream I've had for ages.
    McDonalds breakfast menu is one hundred times better than anything savoury on their main menu. A double sausage and egg muffin meal and a black coffee can turn any morning into an acceptable one.


    Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

  28. #327
    @hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The wee *****y of course
    Posts
    5,388
    I passed a car this morning that was parked in the gap between lanes just outside Clackmannan in the way into Alloa. I'm sure you all know where I mean. Anyway, as I passed it I saw that it was a woman and she had a puncture but looked like she was struggling to get the wheel off. I went to the next roundabout to go back and help, by the time I got back round to her two others had stopped to help. Was heartened that at least three of us were prepared to go and help her out

  29. #328
    @hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    14,089
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Turning completely over-ripe bananas into banana bread. Throw in some candied citrus peel, cinnamon and walnuts and it's a joy.
    Variation is dried cranberries. The bananas need to be completely over-ripe, like you say.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

  30. #329
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    I live for dull football
    Posts
    43,269
    Porridge. The cereal that keeps on giving.

    I eat it most days, 40 grammes of oats made with roughly 150ml of water and 50ml of semi-skimmed milk. I usually add a couple of desert spoonfuls of raisins, but sometimes I chop up 2 or 3 dried dates or eat it sans fruit. Definitely no sugar or salt added. I really love it.

    However, it affords me more than just the pleasure of the actual consumption of the porridge in my plate.

    Firstly, there's the joy of scraping the bottom of the pot with a spoon and devouring the resultant bounty. This is particularly delightful when the porridge has started to stick.

    Then, washing the pot after it has been soaked in cold water for a while is a pleasure everyone should experience.

    When you eventually empty the pot to clean it, it has almost magically washed itself. The remaining oats are just poured away along with the water and it requires only the slightest wipe.

    Morning happiness.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!



  31. #330
    @hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    54
    Posts
    22,630
    Listening to folk win the prize money on Radio Forth each day.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)